Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong 60km/h speed limit in pitlanes - Official FIA is 80km/h

The speed limit sign when crossing the penalty line say 80 at Melbourne and the pit limiter is set to 60km/h.

Also according to 2016 Official FIA sporting regulations pit-lane procedure, it says the following: For safety reasons there is a pit-lane speed limit of 80km/h at all Grands Prix, though this is often reduced at circuits like Monaco because of track configuration.  

https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Pit-lane_procedures.html

@jennyannem @Lozzy Either the sign is wrong, or the speed limit.

Yes we had the same issue in the past games. I recently raced with Jenson in Silverstone (F1 2013)...same issue, 60 kph

needs to be updated

Street circuits have a 60km/h speed limit. Silverstone also has this limit to prevent an exploit because the route is that much shorter it could be quicker to go via the pit lane sometimes.

So the sign at Melbourne is wrong. I'm seeing a 60 sign on my build so it looks like this will be fixed with the next patch. Let me know if you find any other problems.

@Tophercheese172 thanks for letting me know. I've logged a bug to get that changed.

Lozzy said:
@Tophercheese172 thanks for letting me know. I've logged a bug to get that changed.
I've tested all the tracks in v1.03 and they've all been fixed except Socchi which is still at 80kph though I don't know if it's innacurate, it is Tophercheese who said so.
Street circuits have a 60km/h speed limit. 
Does the Azerbaidjan circuit is considered a street one? because the speed limit there is still 80km/h so maybe it should be changed.

How realistic do you want it?  Last week during Malaysia GP a couple of F1 drivers mentioned they say a 60km sign. This was a left over of the previous GP2 race and the stewards forgot to remove this sign and replace it with the right one. :) 

I had no idea this existed but the FIA release a document for each race weekend which includes the pit lane speed limit.

For example: http://www.fia.com/news/f1-discovering-streets-baku

Look on the right hand part of the document, under the Azerbaijan flag. So jayp666 you're right, the pit lane speed limit should be 60 km/h for that track.

Nice find @Lozzy I've just checked and Sochi is 60km/h too: http://www.fia.com/file/40855/download?token=o-TNemmy

Thank you for letting me know about these, there are bugs on our database. Unfortunately it requires a change to the art too because there is a board shown at the pit entrance so it's not likely we'll make people download a chunk of data to change these now.

Lozzy said:
Thank you for letting me know about these, there are bugs on our database. Unfortunately it requires a change to the art too because there is a board shown at the pit entrance so it's not likely we'll make people download a chunk of data to change these now.

@Lozzy -
They could download the chunk of data as part of a wider patch when you are fixing all the other things that still need patched?
I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
Or are you effectively saying its unlikely you guys will be providing anymore patch support? 
I'm sure they WOULD mind. Very much.

Interesting.