Sign in to follow this  

Cannot do voice commands (PC)

Question

When I press the voice command button, all I can hear is the little buzz sound, which can normally be heard when the voice commands are disabled for some reason. This time though, it happened everywhere and everytime on the circuit, when I tried using voice commands.

This happened on Career mode, and the problem didn't go away by moving on to another race weekend. However, the problem went away by restarting the game. It's still slightly frustrating, if it happens in the beginning of a 100% race(like it did with me).

The problem started, when I tried pressing the voice command button(multiple times), when my race engineer was talking, answering to my old command.

I just tested in a practise session if it happens every time similarily, but it didn't, so I suppose there's something else to it than just spamming the voice command button  :D

6 answers to this question

had the same issue, but i liked it xD. it is like a random failure that you can not communicate with your team. makes my race a little bit harder. but it is unfortunately only a bug

I've spoken to our audio coder and he's offered a quick hotfix:

"when this happens, please pause/unpause the game. This will reset the speech VO queue."

Not ideal I know but it should help.
This has been improved in the next patch.

Had the same on PS4 for a couple of times now. I will try the suggestion of Issueskid. Great to read solutions on this forum!

On pc there are some files in a folder named "installer" or so. I had to install two files from there first to get voice commands work.
First of all install the very last file (folder view set to list). It's called "64x-something". After that install the kinect file for your language. 
After this, voice commands should start to work.
Also make sure that your mic is set as default device in windows recording properties!

(will post the full names of these files when i'm back home from my nightshift)

here i am again, sorry for long delay.
Ok, here we go: to activate voice commands on pc, go into your F12016 gamefolder. There you open the "installers" folder. Now doubleclick "x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi", when asked for action select "Repair" (or "Install" if its not greyed out). After installation is finished, you have to doubleclick "MSKinectLangPack_enGB.msi" (for english) or a file wich matches your language.

After this, voice commands should work. If not, check if your microphone is set as default device for recording.

Hope i could help you guys.

Cepega said:
here i am again, sorry for long delay.
Ok, here we go: to activate voice commands on pc, go into your F12016 gamefolder. There you open the "installers" folder. Now doubleclick "x64_SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi", when asked for action select "Repair" (or "Install" if its not greyed out). After installation is finished, you have to doubleclick "MSKinectLangPack_enGB.msi" (for english) or a file wich matches your language.

After this, voice commands should work. If not, check if your microphone is set as default device for recording.

Hope i could help you guys.

Thank you~! Finally it works~!   乃^_ ^)
- F1 2018 Game user in Korea. ;)