Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 NICOHITSLEWISLOL Belgium Grand Prix

You know what, I might print that and actually play  :D

This is smart from Mercedes, it's means he won't get caught up in crazy incidents at the start.. 

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/769848906997981184?s=09

The guy who made it only done it for Hamilton.

With all those Dutch fans there it'd be hilarious if Max crashed at the first corner. Would they all leave?

Vettel turned across but there was no room for Verstappen on the inside there.

Crazy shunt, gets out with a slight limp, all this talk about safety, then you see a crash like that and the driver is OK. 

Horrendous accident. Not surprised to see it red flagged, the barrier looked well banged up. Fantastic to see he's relatively okay.

I really hope Alonso doesn't get a penalty, not sure why he didn't slow down before the pit exit. 

Yea for me Alonso deserves driver of the day. Honda are getting better and better, still far too unreliable though. I really hope they challenge for wins next season, Alonso deserves to go out on a high. 

Verstappen really needs to be talked to. Deserves more than a slap on the wrist, honestly. If he carries on driving like that, someone's going to be very seriously hurt.

Max isn't doing anything different to what Michael Schumacher did though, I'm not saying it's right but he always got away with it. 

Hughesy said:
Max isn't doing anything different to what Michael Schumacher did though, I'm not saying it's right but he always got away with it. 
Michael's done a fair few naughty things but not nearly as regularly Max is doing. Verstappen has a lot to learn.

The way Verstappen is defending is the same way that I do against the AI on the F1 games.

If I'm racing other players I give more space and don't defend like a twat.

The other drivers will end up doing it back to Verstappen I'd guess, then he'll either moan about it, or he'll see why and stop doing it himself.

His comment after the race about defending extra hard against the Ferrari's because of turn one just highlights it all for me. He needs to grow up because he quite clearly isn't mature enough for F1 if he thinks crap like today was okay. Sounded just like the average 18 year old on a racing game saying that...
When Kimi is being vocal about something you know to listen since he never speaks.
I'm all for exciting driving and he has showed he can do it but today was stupid. Stupid move up the inside at turn one, sure Seb should have left more room in hindsight but then he obviously didn't think anyone would be stupid enough to dive up the inside like that. Then barging Kimi and Sergio off the track (good on Perez for not letting him back passed) and then the swerving on the straight against Kimi... And not even a warning?
Magnussen did something similar to a lesser extent in 2014 and got penalised for it. Rosberg did it to Max in Germany and got a penalty and Max was vocal about the move... yet does it worse himself and gets away with it?... Stupid.