Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 NICOHITSLEWISLOL Belgium Grand Prix

Recommended Posts

It has been 2 years, 5 months, 29 days since Jean-Denis Délétraz first entered a KFC. That means it's time for a new grand prix thread.

I boldly predict that Esteban Manuel Gutiérrez Gutiérrez shall score his first points of the season. Do Mexico proud, son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The qualifying session isn't on yet, this is way too early, what are you doing?

Ruining the rhythm Mex. My predictions are disappointment, but this is Spa, basically Mad Max' home race, so maybe some shenanigangs there. In terms of drivers who are traditionally great at Spa, I hope Kimi can show something good here. Would be nice if Button did well too + Force India doing well.

Also, first lap crash between Mercedeses is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gonna be watching Channel 4 this weekend as they're doing this race live. I'm now completely bored of Sky's F1 coverage. The less I can listen to Herbert and Croft the better, and I can't stand any more 'psychological' battle' rubbish every damn session any more.

To be honest, considering the budget Sky have got and the massive options they have with their F1 channel, their coverage is sub-par. They've not made any extra special programmes in the last year and a half, and the only extra stuff they do is a weekly report of about 30 minutes. That's it?!

In my opinion, Brundle and Davidson are the class of their coverage. They constantly have something new and dynamic to tell us. Then Kravitz and Lazenby are behind them, but even Ted is getting annoying with his 'clickbaity' style of broadcasting. Every race before it starts he stands at the end of the pit lane as the cars go out to the grid, and he says 'we have an exciting race on our hands'. No Ted, not every race is going to be exciting!! And his love for Lewis Hamilton is getting tiring, even for me as a Lewis fan.

Hill and Brookes are alright, but I'd rather have other people in their roles, and that leaves you with Herbert and Crofty at the bottom of the pile. I've made my feelings on them clear enough before.

What Sky need to do is mix up their pundits more. What C4 have done by rotating various pundits is refreshing and quite a new thing in F1 broadcasting. Having Coulthard as a consistent voice every race is great, but having someone else different most weekends is so good! For example, getting Alain Prost on board for their Spanish GP coverage was gold, because he could comment on the clash between the Merc's, and it was interesting to hear a 4x champ say stuff like that, rather than 3x winner Johnny Herbert.

Also, I'm loving C4's 'edgy' coverage style. Using the hashtags everywhere is cool and they seamlessly integrate with their on screen graphics set. It's really great. I am loving their coverage this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MBKF1 said:
Gonna be watching Channel 4 this weekend as they're doing this race live. I'm now completely bored of Sky's F1 coverage. The less I can listen to Herbert and Croft the better, and I can't stand any more 'psychological' battle' rubbish every damn session any more.

To be honest, considering the budget Sky have got and the massive options they have with their F1 channel, their coverage is sub-par. They've not made any extra special programmes in the last year and a half, and the only extra stuff they do is a weekly report of about 30 minutes. That's it?!

In my opinion, Brundle and Davidson are the class of their coverage. They constantly have something new and dynamic to tell us. Then Kravitz and Lazenby are behind them, but even Ted is getting annoying with his 'clickbaity' style of broadcasting. Every race before it starts he stands at the end of the pit lane as the cars go out to the grid, and he says 'we have an exciting race on our hands'. No Ted, not every race is going to be exciting!! And his love for Lewis Hamilton is getting tiring, even for me as a Lewis fan.

Hill and Brookes are alright, but I'd rather have other people in their roles, and that leaves you with Herbert and Crofty at the bottom of the pile. I've made my feelings on them clear enough before.

What Sky need to do is mix up their pundits more. What C4 have done by rotating various pundits is refreshing and quite a new thing in F1 broadcasting. Having Coulthard as a consistent voice every race is great, but having someone else different most weekends is so good! For example, getting Alain Prost on board for their Spanish GP coverage was gold, because he could comment on the clash between the Merc's, and it was interesting to hear a 4x champ say stuff like that, rather than 3x winner Johnny Herbert.

Also, I'm loving C4's 'edgy' coverage style. Using the hashtags everywhere is cool and they seamlessly integrate with their on screen graphics set. It's really great. I am loving their coverage this year.
Channel 4's coverage is fantastic. It's aimed a bit more to the amateur viewer (i.e. there's very little tech features) and Steve Jones can be a bit annoying, but on the whole it is vastly superior to Sky.

You talked about Sky's budget, but it isn't actually as big as you think. They've been getting cut backs for years, particularly now as they paid so much to keep both F1 and the Premier League (probably around £3 billion in total) and as the football gets more viewers, it gets more money. It's because of this that they can't afford to rent the studio for the F1 show anymore, hence why it's now a 30 minute programme every race, rather than an hour every week.

If you combined Sky's 2012 & 2013 coverage levels with C4's pundits + Ted Kravitz, you'd have the perfect F1 channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MBKF1 said:
For example, getting Alain Prost on board for their Spanish GP coverage was gold, because he could comment on the clash between the Merc's, and it was interesting to hear a 4x champ say stuff like that, rather than not true champion Johnny Herbert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's alright though because Sky have no need to improve their coverage as they have exclusive rights to it in the UK from 2019 to 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jiggy said:
The qualifying session isn't on yet, this is way too early, what are you doing?

Ruining the rhythm Mex. My predictions are disappointment, but this is Spa, basically Mad Max' home race, so maybe some shenanigangs there. In terms of drivers who are traditionally great at Spa, I hope Kimi can show something good here. Would be nice if Button did well too + Force India doing well.

Also, first lap crash between Mercedeses is needed.
I agree with you on that last part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jiggy said:
The qualifying session isn't on yet, this is way too early, what are you doing?

Ruining the rhythm Mex. My predictions are disappointment, but this is Spa, basically Mad Max' home race, so maybe some shenanigangs there. In terms of drivers who are traditionally great at Spa, I hope Kimi can show something good here. Would be nice if Button did well too + Force India doing well.

Also, first lap crash between Mercedeses is needed.
I agree with you on that last part!
Gonna be kind of difficult with Hamilton likely to be starting from the back! Open goal for Rosberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crofty  keeps talking about his mate Dave who is at the race. Damn it Dave, we talked about going to Spa and then you go and go on your own @RevolvingPrawn

:joy: :joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm developing a real hate for Crofty, he's so bloody annoying. Like just now after that stupid Mexican blocked another driver, said oh couldn't he go to the left?  No, no he couldn't you idiot, if he tried that he would have gone into the back of Gutierrez..... 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
I'm developing a real hate for Crofty, he's so bloody annoying. Like just now after that stupid Mexican blocked another driver, said oh couldn't he go to the left?  No, no he couldn't you idiot, if he tried that he would have gone into the back of Gutierrez..... 
Watch your damn mouth, pendejo. No trash talking the best Esteban on the gird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He is proving to be a bit of a nuisance getting out of the way. As Karun said on the C4 commentary, he needed to be decisive and just move out of the way, not just linger in the middle of the track not being sure what to do. He sure needs at least a penalty point of some sort. That's now a good 3 or 4 drivers he has hindered considerably in the last 3 events.

About Crofty though, I didn't listen to him today as I stuck with C4, but I can imagine he was spouting the same sh*t as usual. I liked it when Ant Davidson was in the box with him last time out, because he'd just totally shut him down after making some ridiculous prophecy, and it was extremely satisfying.

I did watch the build up to that practice on Sky though, with Rachel and Herbert, and even in just the 5 minutes they were on air for before the session started, I was already sick of Johnny. Has anyone else realised how often he says 'sort of'? He's been doing it for years (and I've been tweeting about it for years), and it's annoying af. He said something earlier which included 'sort of' no less than 3 times within 10 seconds. NO JOHNNY YOU DON'T NEED TO SAY THAT 'he went through the sort of turn 9 I think it was and the sort of rear end was really sort of dancing about', YOU COULD JUST SAY 'he went through turn 9 and the rear end was really dancing about' BECAUSE IT'S NOT A SORT OF REAR END. IT'S A REAR END, THERE'S NO SORT OF ABOUT IT, JUST AS IT ISN'T SORT OF TURN 9. IT IS TURN 9.'

I can't take this any more, thank god for Channel 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yea I sort of have :p

I tweeted about it a while ago, every few seconds he says sort of, it really makes me want to punch him. Him and Crofty need to go, both clueless and useless. Crofty talks so much crap, has no clue what's going on and  makes mistakes all the bloody time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
                                                                                                                               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's what I looked like falling down steps the other day, not sure if I said sort off, but definitely said fuck sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Yea I sort of have :p

I tweeted about it a while ago, every few seconds he says sort of, it really makes me want to punch him. Him and Crofty need to go, both clueless and useless. Crofty talks so much crap, has no clue what's going on and  makes mistakes all the bloody time.
With the whole 'sort of' thing, once you notice it, it grinds your gears every single time you hear it. I think he says it instead of going 'um' or stuttering. It's his way of doing it, saying 'sort of', but it gets to me so much. Ugh.

Mexicola said:
"A winning formula, beer with head"

David Coulthard, you minger.
Oi oiiiiiii!

But what a cracking interview. You get the feeling DC is the only pundit Jenson would actually like to talk to. You can tell they have a cool friendship, and you can tell they must get on pretty well anyway because don't they share a private jet to most races? I know there's a clan of a few drivers who all share one. I think it's Rosberg, Ricciardo, Button, Coulthard, Massa (and his brother, love it how he just gets involved all the time), Di Resta I think sometimes gets involved too, and maybe Gutierrez if I remember rightly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think if Gutierrez keeps behaving the way he is he'll get chucked off that plane in flight.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Knowing Gutierrez he'll get his own private jet and he'll somehow manage to hold up the rest of them on the jet behind!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Esteban Gutierrez puts the Mex in MEXTREMELY GOOD AT NOT GIVING A FUCK LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Only just noticed the title says Nico hits Lewis lol.  Yea I'm slow, I'm blond so I can't help it :joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×