Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difficulty Settings in career mode

Ok, so I'm now on my 3rd attempt at career mode and I think it's my last for now. 

Driving for mclaren on medium, no assists. Always get pole by about 0.6 secs. Alonso normally about 13th. I win the race every time. 

Switch it up to hard and in practice and qualy I'm 5-7 secs off the pace and dead last. This is with or without assists.  Alonso normally about 5th.

This is obviously too big a gap between the difficulties, and also too big a boost to Alonso. 

Love the game apart from this. As it stands, career mode is broken for me. 

Same problem for me.

I am also driving for McLaren and when I put it on expert difficuilty I end up faster than the Red Bull's and Ferrari's which definately is not the case in real life. However when I set the difficuilty to legend, I am way of the pace and I am even slower than the Manors.

I use the Xbox One controller and no assists.

Hopefully Codemasters will fix these huge Ai gaps soon.

Fin20 said:
Same problem for me.

I am also driving for McLaren and when I put it on expert difficuilty I end up faster than the Red Bull's and Ferrari's which definately is not the case in real life. However when I set the difficuilty to legend, I am way of the pace and I am even slower than the Manors.

I use the Xbox One controller and no assists.

Hopefully Codemasters will fix these huge Ai gaps soon.
I'm beginning to wonder if mclaren are a bit over powered. Tempted to start over in the Manor team. Just don't know if I can face another career restart though...

I'm also getting this problem, I chose to use Sauber in my career mode along with Legend difficulty just as I did on F1 2015. I found this to be too hard as I was about 2 seconds off pace and stone dead last. No worries though because I can just change back to expert to make it easier on myself, oh wait now I'm winning and lapping around a second faster than the person in second. There's clearly something wrong here, I would appreciate a patch to at least make it playable for me. Oh and this is on the PS4 platform, using a wheel with no assists, if that helps. :)

Thanks.

I play on legend in my career and in qualy I'm usually on par with the AI, but then in the race they are way off the pace. I've even been thinking about upping the AI to ultimate as I'm far too much ahead in the races. ( AI seen to be quicker overall in qualy compared to the race ) The thing I've noticed is in this years game as well is the tires only have one laps wear that you can extract the best time out of them and me , haha, I'm hopeless at one lappers, so probable why I'm not quicker then them.