Jump to content Jump to content

Beaten by non-participating rival?

Here's the scene...I check my Grid 2 Global Challenge and find my new auto-generated rival is beating me, so I fire up the Challenges and find all challenges are "not owned"...no one has set a time yet. So I run through all the challenges and set a basic time, sit back and wait for my rival to try and beat them. No action. At the end of the week I have 16,000 XP points ( 2000 x 8 wins) and my rival does not appear on the leader boards for ant event. Amazingly, the rival has 17, 500 points and wins the weekly challenge, without actually racing, it appears.
How does that work?
I am playing PS3 version..... I assume I ma playing other PS3 players or am I playing a PC gamer with some sort of hack?
Takes the fun out out it...I enjoy the weekly Global Challenge...it beats being bashed off the track by Level 99 drivers in the Online races.
I have had successful battles with other rivals who actually responded to my times. Is this a problem with Racenet or just cheating?

I could be wrong but the following are my findings based on my experiences regarding rivals.
As a rival, every online event is counting. (it's not explicit for global challanges)
So it's possible that he didn't do the global challanges but only participated in one of the 4 given playlists or custom playlist and still beat you in overall xp earned that week.

• 2 weeks later...

Still getting last weeks rival showing on PS3, but new Rivals on web and IOS Racenet sites. My lap times are showing up, but on PS3, old rival already has max points. Can I rest the data on the PS3 by logging out of Racenet on the console or purging a cache or something?

If your Rival has beaten you by getting more XP than you, and they have NOT done any global challenge events, then they have got their XP by racing online, or in custom lobbies. 

The Rivalry is about who can earn the most XP in a week.  
The global challenge is a way to earn followers by beating your rival's times.  But only if they post some times. 

Thanks for that, but my problem is that the Rivals on the PS3 are not the same as the ones listed on Racenet website...very odd...

.....anyway I'm getting tired of the smash up online racing and grinding through the carreer mode to access cars.

The Demo got me hooked by racing XBows at the Red Bull track...alas, I'll need to grind up to level 16 to access that car in Custom events. I give up.

In Custom Event, you should be able to choose any car and track without having to play the silly career mode.

This game has potential which may be revealed in the new Autosport version. Back to Race 07 till then.

Thanks all.

If their names are different on your PS3, it means they just didnt use their PSN ID as the username for their racenet account.  

When you play GRID 2 for the 1st time without previously having a codemasters account, it makes you sign up, and pick a user name, but it doesnt tell you that its going to be used in the leaderboards etc. 
:)