Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2016 Xbox One - Game crashes on leaving garage

Been having a weird issue since the 1.2.0 update was rolled out to Xbox One. I'm currently driving for Toro Rosso in my single player career mode and I'm just starting FP2 at Monte Carlo. I'm trying to do the tyre management test on a set of Supersofts, so go to that, select Flying Lap, the game loads, the car pops up for a microsecond, then the game crashes and I'm left at the Xbox One dashboard. Tried the exact same again, and another crash. One more time, only this time I tried Drive Out, thinking that maybe it was having problems rendering the track all at once. It worked right up until the point where the car actually pulled out of the garage, where it steered out of the garage, into the pit lane, and then crashed to dashboard as soon as the wheel had straightened out.

I've tried putting the Xbox through a full power cycle, disconnecting the power unit etc to see if that would help but unfortunately, no joy there. I haven't seen any posts about this issue in the forum so I don't know how common it is or if it's a problem with my game (which is a digital copy, by the way) specifically. This problem has only been occurring since the recent patch download. Just figured I'd see if anyone else had been experiencing similar and if its a problem that Codies are aware of.

It's really annoying me because it's preventing me from playing what it an otherwise fantastic game, so hopefully there'll be a quick fix and I can get back to slamming face first into the barrier at Tabac in no time!

EDIT: 26 August - Attempting a mid-session save in the garage also causes an identical crash,

I've been having a similar problem, but at Canada, in FP2 & 3 try to do the tyre simulation and qualifying sim and both cause the game to crash, but if I just go out normally everything is fine. It started on 1.1.0 for me and is still happening on 1.2.0.  This is also in my career with Sauber. In FP1 was working fine.
btw love the game all works so well except for the bug.

Thanks for the information on this. We are working on getting to the bottom of what causes the game to crash when starting these tests under certain circumstances.

Same here ever since I got 1.2.0 the game is hard crashing a lot, I love the hell out of this game it's just very annoying when you have to do the same tyre management test 5 times at Monaco because the game is crashing :( I thought maybe it's was just Monaco but having the same issue at Canada too.

Lozzy said:
Thanks for the information on this. We are working on getting to the bottom of what causes the game to crash when starting these tests under certain circumstances.
that's great Lozzy. Thanks for the response. I have every faith it'll be fixed pronto!

Folks might be worth a try

Not tried it myself yet but my son said it crashes on him if he "Drives Out" of pits but opting for a "Flying Lap" it's been ok for the last 3 races

Hes on Xbox One/Disc Version

Just want to add i'm having the same issue at the Baku circuit. FP2 wanting to do the qualifying pace test and the game is crashing as soon as i select it. This is also xbox one disc version.

I had the same problem before the update but now I can only go through the menus as soon as I select a race or career mode or time trials the game crashes btw brilliant game when working 
xbox one disc version 

Last night I was doing baku (round 8) and I finished FP2 but before it loaded the career hub the game crashed. I haven't been able to get back into career mode since. I select 'career', 'continue', then close settings and it says 'loading complete' and as the screen goes blank and it prepares to load the career hub it makes a vibration sort of noise before crashing and returning me to the xbox home screen. The same happens on quick race and was happening on time trial but somehow that's fixed itself. For some reason the online multiplayer works, however after a few races the game crashes.
Apart from these issues the game has been a joy to play

I also having an issue with the Baku circuit in career mide. Everytime I try it kicks me out to the xbox home screen. Now I cant even play anything. I can go as far the settings sections then its crashes.

It's definately the update (1.2.0). I know this because other games run fine on my xbox and there is not problem with my disk (no scratches or anything). I also tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game without the update (1.2.0) and turned off online on my xbox. This allowed me to start up the game as it was without any updates and it worked absolutely fine. I just hope codemasters realise this and bring out a new update that works...

Having the same problem with the qualifying test in fp3 in Baku career mode but on ps4 disc version 

I've got the same problem. In Monaco during FP2 when I select the qualification pace the game crashes when I leave the garage. Doesn't matter if I choose flying lap or drive out. Both result in a crash. I'm playing regular championship now untill there's an update.

I have something similar. It crashed in Baku when I was doing track acclimatisation and I go to start it up again and I press career mode and the game crashes. I tried restarting my xbox and cleaning my disc but it still crashes when trying to open career mode. everything else opens fine, just not that. :/

Same here: crashed back to desktop as I wanted to do Qualy-sim in Q3 at Baku (Career). Reloaded the session a couple of times, but it kept happening. 

It also happened to me at Baku in career, I had just finished the tyre wear test and I went to advance to the next session then it crashed and now I can't play anything, it crashes every time 

Mine did this I had to delete the saved storage for the game ( you lose all progress and settings) I also cleared my persistant storage (find this under blu ray settings) I have yet to have the problem again

Since last Monday I am having the same issue on 1.2.0. I have been playing a hour that afternoon without any problems (time trail). At night I was also able to play the game for some time until it started crashing back to the xbox one menu. First I was able to navigate through the menu until it suddenly crashed. I was not in the garage driving out or doing a flying lap. No, only navigating between game modes in de menu was enough to crash the game..

Last night it was even worse. When I started the game I was able to get through the intro movies to the main menu with the blinking ‘press menu to start’ in the bottom center of the screen. Everything I do after that will crash the game. If I press the menu button a ‘loading’ indicator shows up in the top left of the screen and a few seconds later ‘boom’, screen goes black and drops back to xbox menu. After restarting the game this happens all over again. Even when I press other buttons like ‘B’ instead of the menu button the game will crash.

I restarted the xbox, no difference. Tried another game, which worked fine. Tried not to skip the intro movies, no difference. Checked the disc for scratches, shining brand new.

Currently I am unable to play the game at all which is very annoying >_<’ I hope Codemasters is working on a fix for this because I was waiting for F12016 all year and the game is really awesome to play! 

I am still having the same issues on 1.3.0 as in my previous comment. :( Even removed the game from my xbox and reinstalled it. 

Well, I finally can play the game again. Turns out that something must be wrong with my profile... 

After update 1.3.0, 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 the game was still unplayable for me. After three updates still nog fix for my issue was a bit suspicious to me. Possibly it’s not the game but my profile/Save game? :'(

I removed the game again and played the 1.0.0 version while Xbox set to Offline mode. I also was able to play with a guest account. I checked my F12016 saved game file but did not see a yellow exclamation point, so it was not indicated as ‘corrupt’.

However, I removed my game profile locally, but every time my profile was synced with the servers the game crashed again after pressing the menu button on the title screen. So I removed my save game file locally and online and started all over. Now everything is up and running again!  B)

I really, really hope this was an incident and will not happen while I am mid-season in career mode. ::worried:

I wonder what happened to my profile/save game causing it to be unplayable. But that is probably not for this topic. I would advise other people who can’t play the game anymore to try it with a guest account.