Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audio Troubleshooting - Official

Recommended Posts

Thank you for your replies:

issueskid said:
@StEmilio, can you send us a video of this happening? Its quite difficult to figure out what your problem might be without seeing / hearing it. We don't know of any associated performance issues that would cause this.
Yes, I can.  I will try to capture the problem tonight.

@face2468 Thanks for the suggestion but I doubt this will be the problem. The pc is brand new and it has a descent cooler (be Quit Shadowrock Slim)
It runs other new games without a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
issueskid said:
Hi @SammyVEsq, yes unfortunately Kinect is the only way to use voice commands. This is not our decision, this is a Microsoft decision.
Can you link to that? I know we can talk to Cortana over the headset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@issueskid I uninstalled and installed again and just heard first time "Welcome to Formula one" (in German language). Cloud backup also worked. Thanks a lot! 
No idea why first installation failed. As I remember, there was no error displayed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
face2468 said:
@issueskid I uninstalled and installed again and just heard first time "Welcome to Formula one" (in German language). Cloud backup also worked. Thanks a lot! 
No idea why first installation failed. As I remember, there was no error displayed.
Great, glad this worked out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
issueskid said:
Hi @SammyVEsq, yes unfortunately Kinect is the only way to use voice commands. This is not our decision, this is a Microsoft decision.
Can you link to that? I know we can talk to Cortana over the headset.
There is no link, I'm confirming here that we aren't able to use anything at the present time other than Kinect for voice commands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StEmilio said:
https://youtu.be/BlFai5AUrWE

I got a video (Mostly audio) of the soundproblem I am having. The strange thing is that it sounds perfect during the replays but during gameplay it stutters all over the place.


I can't see a reason for this issue, is your machine overclocked?
As an experiment can you try running the game using lower quality graphics settings and let us know if the same thing happens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
issueskid said:
FRACTURED said:
issueskid said:
Hi @SammyVEsq, yes unfortunately Kinect is the only way to use voice commands. This is not our decision, this is a Microsoft decision.
Can you link to that? I know we can talk to Cortana over the headset.
There is no link, I'm confirming here that we aren't able to use anything at the present time other than Kinect for voice commands.


Oh right, with your saying it was a Microsoft decision it would have been nice to see exactly where they had said that. I couldn't find anything concrete. Seems a bit counter-intuitive to allow us to use voice commands via the headsets now but not allow developers to use it for in game features, despite still allowing Kinect to accept in game voice commands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@FRACTURED, Don't worry, our audio coder is pretty into speech work so whenever he is able to implement something like this I'm sure he's going to jump at the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just purchased F1 2016, and attempted to play it last night for the first time.  I'm still having an issue with the game recognizing my steering wheel (I'll post that in the appropriate forum), but I'm also having a problem with audio.  All sounds seem to work fine up to the point I'm actually in the car...at that point, I don't hear anything (no engine, nothing).  Occasionally I'll hear a couple "pops," but that's about it.  I've tried the various in-game audio settings, and confirmed my audio driver is up-to-date (it's on-board sound...IDT High Definition Audio CODEC).  To date, this is the only game I've ever had an audio problem with.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Stinger0926, can you send me a link to a video of this please?
What do you mean by "pops"? Is this a sfx you think you are hearing (like an exhaust detonation/pop) or does this sound like a pop caused by a spike in audio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's definitely not an "intentional" sound (i.e exhaust, etc.).  If I pause the game in-car, I hear the same pop / crackle type sound as I navigate the menus.  There's basically complete silence, just the occasional pop.  It's a little like the sound you get when you plug-in speakers or headphones...just a little audio "noise."  I'm traveling at the moment, so unfortunately can't provide an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@issueskid When playing multiplayer and spectating another car, if someone crashes while spectating all other cars audio after that sounds extremely low pitched like the DNF slowmo effect you get during a terminal crash in single player.

You can hear it in this video from @ 16:18 , it happens for all players who were spectating that car during the DNF and I've seen it a bunch of times, I think every time when someone crashes and you're spectating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF210h5VgHc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@issueskid When playing multiplayer and spectating another car, if someone crashes while spectating all other cars audio after that sounds extremely low pitched like the DNF slowmo effect you get during a terminal crash in single player.

You can hear it in this video from @ 16:18 , it happens for all players who were spectating that car during the DNF and I've seen it a bunch of times, I think every time when someone crashes and you're spectating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF210h5VgHc
Has he actually not fixed that one yet? Annoying. Don't even need to be spectating, I remember it occuring in race, another car crashes and somehow I lose audio lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
@issueskid When playing multiplayer and spectating another car, if someone crashes while spectating all other cars audio after that sounds extremely low pitched like the DNF slowmo effect you get during a terminal crash in single player.

You can hear it in this video from @ 16:18 , it happens for all players who were spectating that car during the DNF and I've seen it a bunch of times, I think every time when someone crashes and you're spectating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF210h5VgHc
Has he actually not fixed that one yet? Annoying. Don't even need to be spectating, I remember it occuring in race, another car crashes and somehow I lose audio lmao
Yes that's another audio issue I've seen a couple of times. On track when another car crashes you hear a loud ''bang'' and the volume drops for a while after that before slowly returning to normal levels.. I found this issue in another players video @issueskid ; you can see it here @ 3:55 when the cars in front crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AV0IExD8IA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@issueskid When playing multiplayer and spectating another car, if someone crashes while spectating all other cars audio after that sounds extremely low pitched like the DNF slowmo effect you get during a terminal crash in single player.

You can hear it in this video from @ 16:18 , it happens for all players who were spectating that car during the DNF and I've seen it a bunch of times, I think every time when someone crashes and you're spectating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF210h5VgHc
As a Commentator for Apex Online Racing, I have repeatedly seen this issue crop up if the car I am focused on crashes, my sound disappears into a gold fish bowl until the end of the session.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@issueskid I just sent you the requested DxDiag output in a private message.
Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Ever get that sorted? Noticed when watching a stream too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
@issueskid I just sent you the requested DxDiag output in a private message.
Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Ever get that sorted? Noticed when watching a stream too.
Unfortunately not, we had difficulty trying to reproduce this issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is there any bass in this game? I've just installed a sound bar and sub to my tv/ps4 setup. Every game I've played except for this one showed drastic improvement in sound quality except for this game. It actually sounds worst and there seems to be a lack of bass in engine sound and even for crashes.  I know it can't be the sound bar and sub setup because other games and movies are sounding phenomenal.  Anyone got any tips to up the bass in the game and up the tire squeal noise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
coolieboy said:
Is there any bass in this game? I've just installed a sound bar and sub to my tv/ps4 setup. Every game I've played except for this one showed drastic improvement in sound quality except for this game. It actually sounds worst and there seems to be a lack of bass in engine sound and even for crashes.  I know it can't be the sound bar and sub setup because other games and movies are sounding phenomenal.  Anyone got any tips to up the bass in the game and up the tire squeal noise? 
Thanks for the feedback, we do indeed send to the LFE but very sparingly. 
We're always listening to your feedback though and I will certainly look into this during our next project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
issueskid said:
coolieboy said:
Is there any bass in this game? I've just installed a sound bar and sub to my tv/ps4 setup. Every game I've played except for this one showed drastic improvement in sound quality except for this game. It actually sounds worst and there seems to be a lack of bass in engine sound and even for crashes.  I know it can't be the sound bar and sub setup because other games and movies are sounding phenomenal.  Anyone got any tips to up the bass in the game and up the tire squeal noise? 
Thanks for the feedback, we do indeed send to the LFE but very sparingly. 
We're always listening to your feedback though and I will certainly look into this during our next project.
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to putting the sub to use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×