Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audio Troubleshooting - Official

Help! When I go into the tutorials and watch them, after a second all the audio gets cracked up and I almost can't hear the whole tutorial.
Do you have a video of this happening?
What platform are you playing on?
What is your setup?
What are the steps to reproduce this?

I have a wheel (Madcatz) with no audio output and have to use the Xbox1 controller and Microsoft headphones thru the controller audio jack. Unfortunately, the controller shuts off after a few minutes because it doesn't sense any usage, which also shuts down the headphones (usually in the middle of a race). Has anyone found a work-around for this problem? I have tried tapping the controller buttons occasionally, but that's distracting and can mess with the game if I hit a wrong button. 

I have a wheel (Madcatz) with no audio output and have to use the Xbox1 controller and Microsoft headphones thru the controller audio jack. Unfortunately, the controller shuts off after a few minutes because it doesn't sense any usage, which also shuts down the headphones (usually in the middle of a race). Has anyone found a work-around for this problem? I have tried tapping the controller buttons occasionally, but that's distracting and can mess with the game if I hit a wrong button. 
I don't think there's an official way to prevent the controller shutting down after 15 minutes of inactivity when in Wireless mode. That's something decided upon by Microsoft.

However, if you can reach, then you should try plugging it in so it's in Wired mode. I don't believe the controller will turn off in this mode.

Still getting audio studder that you state was fixed, 25/08/16. I am running game version 1.08 of the game. I have a sound blaster Z, but the problem is the same no matter what output device i use. Tried switching to the mainboard audio (Realteck) output device and also tried the NVIDIA HD audio output via HDMI port on my video card. All three outputs give me the same problem. Tried switching the sample rate on all three devices through all the options, including 48KHz you recommend. No effect. Please help, the game is unplayable with this bug.

Audio "slowmo" and stutters on Xbox One F1 2016 
I am running the most recent version of  F1 2016 as of April 13 2017 on Xbox One and mid race Career mode the audio went to stutters and seemed almost slow similar to the PC problem I have read about.  I found that the audio problem starts as soon as you start up the game from the red light sounds.  When it happened I was using headphones, but I changed to the stereo, restarted Xbox, reinstalled F1 without deleting my gama data and still nothing.  All other games work as normal, COD, Forza, for example.  This is not good news mid season trying to keep up with the 2017 calendar, please assist as soon as you can.   As I said, it was mid race so there wasn't anything I think I could have done.  If there are any questions please let me know.  Thanks.

RunNhyde said:

I am running the most recent version of  F1 2016 as of April 13 2017 on Xbox One and mid race Career mode the audio went to stutters and seemed almost slow similar to the PC problem I have read about.  I found that the audio problem starts as soon as you start up the game from the red light sounds.  When it happened I was using headphones, but I changed to the stereo, restarted Xbox, reinstalled F1 without deleting my gama data and still nothing.  All other games work as normal, COD, Forza, for example.  This is not good news mid season trying to keep up with the 2017 calendar, please assist as soon as you can.   As I said, it was mid race so there wasn't anything I think I could have done.  If there are any questions please let me know.  Thanks.

I tried again this morning and all is back to normal.  Was there a reason for this?  I was racing for a few hours, perhaps something to do with that?

In the final season of the career mode on ps4, and for some reason the team radio wont allow me to talk to the engineer and the engineer doesn't talk to me. Any ideas?

RunNhyde said:

RunNhyde said:

I tried again this morning and all is back to normal.  Was there a reason for this?  I was racing for a few hours, perhaps something to do with that?

Nothing that I am aware of, there hasn't been an update so I'm unsure why this problem arose and then fixed itself.
Have you had any issues since?

hi there,
unfortunately, I have got a major sound problem:
until yesterday, everything with my sound worked perfectly fine, but suddenly (and i dont know why, because i didnt change any sound settings) the sounds of the engineer talking (i dont know if other peoples voices  like the managers is there, could check yet)

and this is a big problem, because you just cannot read subtitles while driving

found several people with equal problems and different solutions but neither of them worked for me
tried every sound setting ingame, tried to set the language in steam, even scanned the data for errors

my setup: windows 10, headset: logitech g933 with surround sound on.

EDIT: when i select my screen (which has loudspeakers), i can hear the engineer, it just doesnt work with my headphones

I'm playing F1 2016 on PC v1.8.0 and I still experience the AI cars stuttering/cracking. The game works completely fine in time trial but the audio issue makes it unplayable in a race. I've tried setting the frequency to 48k and 44k both doesnt work. I'm using an Acer Aspire F15 laptop 

Hi all. I'm still getting the same sound stuttering and occasional video stutter as others have mentioned when in a race making the game unplayable. I've tried all the solutions posted but nothing works. Has anything been done to resolve it? The last update from CM was that it was fixed and a patch will be released but that was almost a year ago.