Jump to content Jump to content

Audio Troubleshooting - Official

issueskid

• Codemasters Staff
Ho3n3r said:
issueskid said:
Ho3n3r said:
Thanks for the options, but I disagree with the part of him only speaking to you on the straights. He's told me multiple times "It's dry for now, but we'll let you know if the situation changes" on entries, apexes and exits of corners. I would not even have mentioned it if this wasn't the case.

Unfortunately all sound is done through headset only, being considerate to the rest of the house.

I will just set him to "Responses only". At least the voice recognition seems to be working well on PC, so I can speak to him if need be. It's not that important to know that the weather is clear every 5 minutes anyway.
Does this happen on particular tracks?
Each track has its own rules for speech exclusion zones.
We can look into this issue if he's talking to you on particular corners. That'd be great. One I can distinctly remember is China's hairpin.

Ok great, I've got an audio designer investigating this as we speak :)
  • Codemasters Staff
issueskid said:
Ducking is a feature we need to have in place in order for elements to cut through the mix. Here's some options to help you if you don't like it:
  • The engineer will only talk to you on straights, he will only ever talk to you on corners in emergencies or if you specifically ask him something. This is in place by default.
  • You can turn the engineer off or reduce the amount of information he gives to you in the audio options under "verbosity".
  • You can ensure speech is turned down and engines are turned up in the audio levels options.
  • If playing on console you can send the engineer to the headset or pad speaker (PS4), this will disable ducking through your default output e.g. speakers / TV.
If playing on console ....
And what about playing on PC? How can I disable this ducking "Feature" on the good ol' Personal Computer?
All of this applies to PC as well, the only exception being pad speaker.
Just to check, has anyone reported an issue which sporadically happens during a collision in a race?

It's only happened once or twice to me so far, but I've been driving round a corner and I'll hear a MASSIVE crash sound which goes much louder than my car engine volume (which is on 10). If I use the replay cam, it seems to be when the AI behind me have collided.

As I wear headphones, it actually scares the **beep** out of me and I end up off the circuit due to the shock! I'll try to remember to record it next time it happens.

Not a massive issue (thanks to flashbacks), but it just me jump out my skin!
  • Codemasters Staff
Just to check, has anyone reported an issue which sporadically happens during a collision in a race?

It's only happened once or twice to me so far, but I've been driving round a corner and I'll hear a MASSIVE crash sound which goes much louder than my car engine volume (which is on 10). If I use the replay cam, it seems to be when the AI behind me have collided.

As I wear headphones, it actually scares the **beep** out of me and I end up off the circuit due to the shock! I'll try to remember to record it next time it happens.

Is this the common problem people have reported when near the pitlane? If so we are aware of this and have fixed if for a future patch.
  • Codemasters Staff
Ho3n3r said:
issueskid said:
Ho3n3r said:
Thanks for the options, but I disagree with the part of him only speaking to you on the straights. He's told me multiple times "It's dry for now, but we'll let you know if the situation changes" on entries, apexes and exits of corners. I would not even have mentioned it if this wasn't the case.

Unfortunately all sound is done through headset only, being considerate to the rest of the house.

I will just set him to "Responses only". At least the voice recognition seems to be working well on PC, so I can speak to him if need be. It's not that important to know that the weather is clear every 5 minutes anyway.
We can look into this issue if he's talking to you on particular corners.

That'd be great. One I can distinctly remember is China's hairpin.
We've checked the mark-up for the hairpin on China and I can confirm it is working correctly.
Just a few things to check:
  • Were you requesting information from the engineer while in this section?
  • Did the engineer start talking to you before the hairpin but was still delivering you information while on the hairpin?
Are you able to provide a link to a video showing this issue so we can investigate it further?
Ps4, online mode, all assist off, 100% race, Monza, Spanish version. 
If you request info about the car in front of you, the engineer always say the car in front has to do two stops more even if you are in lap 52.

For more information, please request me. 
issueskid said:
Ho3n3r said:
issueskid said:
Ho3n3r said:

We can look into this issue if he's talking to you on particular corners.

That'd be great. One I can distinctly remember is China's hairpin.
We've checked the mark-up for the hairpin on China and I can confirm it is working correctly.
Just a few things to check:
  • Were you requesting information from the engineer while in this section?
  • Did the engineer start talking to you before the hairpin but was still delivering you information while on the hairpin?
Are you able to provide a link to a video showing this issue so we can investigate it further?
Hey, thanks for the reply. :) Only saw it now for some reason.

1. I was definitely not requesting any info from him - I make sure I do that only on the longest straights. May it be possible that I requested something at the start of the straight when he already had something queued up to say to me, and he gave me my info first and then continued with his own?
2. Yes pretty much.

Regarding the replay, I am not recording anything at the moment as the freezes I am experiencing even without it is already enough of a deterrent - in fact, I am waiting for that to get fixed before I play the game again.

I believe, after playing the game a little more, that the above issue very much fits into the lower priority category. I will provide feedback hopefully after the next patch, I will play the game and record it if the performance allows it.
issueskid said:
issueskid said:
Ducking is a feature we need to have in place in order for elements to cut through the mix. Here's some options to help you if you don't like it:
  • The engineer will only talk to you on straights, he will only ever talk to you on corners in emergencies or if you specifically ask him something. This is in place by default.
  • You can turn the engineer off or reduce the amount of information he gives to you in the audio options under "verbosity".
  • You can ensure speech is turned down and engines are turned up in the audio levels options.
  • If playing on console you can send the engineer to the headset or pad speaker (PS4), this will disable ducking through your default output e.g. speakers / TV.
If playing on console ....
And what about playing on PC? How can I disable this ducking "Feature" on the good ol' Personal Computer?
All of this applies to PC as well, the only exception being pad speaker.
Is there anyway of sending engineer speech to a secondary audio device (such as USB headphones) on the PC?
issueskid said:

Is this the common problem people have reported when near the pitlane? If so we are aware of this and have fixed if for a future patch.
No, this happens at random points in the circuit. Last time it happened I was approaching turn 7 in Austrailia. I'll try to get a recording tonight.
issueskid said:

No, this happens at random points in the circuit. Last time it happened I was approaching turn 7 in Austrailia. I'll try to get a recording tonight.
I heard something kinda like this, only it was an actually massive crash that I was involved in. It's hard to explain, but the sound definitely glitched out. Loud bang, then mostly quiet. 
  • Codemasters Staff
Brune74 said:

I use the original Ps4 wireless headset, but i don't receive the radio informations.

In F1 2015 I get in the headphones , both the main audio and radio communications , in F1 2016 is not possible?

To adjust the level of the Race Engineer, you need to locate the Sound/Chat buttons/slider on the side of the headset.
To hear more of the Race Engineer you press towards ‘Chat’, to hear more of the F1 game sound, you press towards ‘Sound’.
@issueskid Big audio improvements with the latest patch. Especially other cars sound much better nearby and not too loud in the distance and the pit lane anymore. Only thing I noticed, in the beta there was this nice dynamic echoing effect when driving close to the walls, this doesn't seem to be there anymore in the full game, is this an issue or design choice? Playing on PS4.
  • Codemasters Staff
@issueskid Only thing I noticed, in the beta there was this nice dynamic echoing effect when driving close to the walls, this doesn't seem to be there anymore in the full game, is this an issue or design choice? Playing on PS4.
I'm not aware of any changes to that system since release, It should still be in and working.
I'll have a listen. It might be that we tweaked this to avoid some of the issues we were having with loud AI cars as they used the same systems.
Update on my sound....strangely enough after installing new graphics card my sound is absalutly fine i can even run it in 5.1 and sounds bloody good when u hear them cars behinde you gets the old blood pumping lol...

May I ask you what soundcard you have in your PC?
Maybe it is a ASUS Strix Soar? This soundcard is well known for humming and interferences espacially while gaming and the graphics Card is hard at work. I remembered some articels I've read about this soundcard and this particular issue (sorry, first one is german):
http://www.golem.de/news/asus-strix-soar-im-test-wenn-die-soundkarte-vom-pixelbeschleuniger-bespielt-wird-1602-118693-2.htmlhttp:// http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asus_strix_raid_dlx_review,7.html

Update on my sound....strangely enough after installing new graphics card my sound is absalutly fine i can even run it in 5.1 and sounds bloody good when u hear them cars behinde you gets the old blood pumping lol...

May I ask you what soundcard you have in your PC?
Maybe it is a ASUS Strix Soar? This soundcard is well known for humming and interferences espacially while gaming and the graphics Card is hard at work. I remembered some articels I've read about this soundcard and this particular issue (sorry, first one is german):
http://www.golem.de/news/asus-strix-soar-im-test-wenn-die-soundkarte-vom-pixelbeschleuniger-bespielt-wird-1602-118693-2.htmlhttp:// http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asus_strix_raid_dlx_review,7.html

Sorry i should of mentioned i dont have a sound card it goes through my hdmi in to a surround sound system
I guess I should mention this, even though it really isn't a big deal. But perhaps it is a symptom of something else. When I start F1 2016 on my PC, I get the starting light "countdown." The next segment is some artsy stuff that ends with the Codemasters logo. The sound for this segment starts normally and then just stutters and balks and is nothing but choppy noise. Once it's finished, it goes onto the rest of the intro without any problems. I7 4770, 24GB ram, Sapphire RX 480 with 8GB ram, Dell Audio software on Realtek audio. The stuttering sound I get is the same as what I hear when the game suddenly bogs down and FPS drops for a few seconds mid-race. As I said, it's not a big deal...it's just the Codemasters splash screen...and I generally hit the button to continue before the five lights ever finish anyway. But I thought you might want to know.
There is a kind of lag when using flashbacks or restarting race (or restart lap in TT) with the way the sound comes in, always with the background noises first (for example certain tracks I can hear ambient and helicopter sounds first, like it's built up layer upon layer) with the engine sounds appearing to come in last. This causes issues on race restarts mainly, as the sound isn't always complete by the time I've loaded to the grid again. So I am trying to get the revs in the right place before releasing the clutch, but with no sound of the engine. It's only really an issue when the lights go out quickly, but has led to a lot of bad starts.
@issueskid can we have the engine sounds come in first before the ambient?
I have an issue with the game audio in that when I first start a session on career mode (not tried TT mode yet) the engine sound of the car does not match the shift lights on the steering wheel. The lights tell me to shift but the engine sound is nowhere near full rev. Then all of a sudden at some point during the session I'll leave the pits and I can instantly hear a difference in the engine note and the problem is gone and shift lights match the engine revs perfectly.
Only been in the Ferrari so tonight I'm going to try another car to see if the issue is there still.
Anyone else had this??
  • 2 weeks later...
I've started experiencing some kind of stuttering audio. Latest patch didn't help. It appears after a few hours of playing. Like I could do three 25% races with no issue and then on the fourth race it begins. It's really annoying, distracting and gives me a headache. Forces me to turn off the game after it appears. Restarting has helped but it always comes back.
Still having issues with the huge crash sound when cars connect with each other, most recently had it in a replay. There was an incident I didn't see, and safety car gets deployed just as I pass pits. I used the flashback to try and make the pit entrance and whilst forwarding to the point I want I get a huge bang and loose about half of the total audio. Everything is much quieter. Eventually once you finish that session it seems to clear up. 
Xbox, Wireless X420 TB's
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm having a sound issue that I haven't seen listed yet. My sound has been working perfectly until today. Majority of the game's sounds are still fine and there's nothing wrong with the menus or in the garage, but as soon as I go to track, either drive out or flying, I get a pop in my headset or speakers and all of the sudden no engine sounds, no effects including rain, nothing. Engineer will respond normally when I ask after him, but any messages of his own accord like damage and weather notifications are heavily stuttered and patchy. In game menu sounds are also gone. Sound doesn't come back until I go back to the main menu at which point there's another pop and everything goes back to normal. 
Have tried fiddling with the audio settings on the PC to no avail, which should not have been the source of the issue seeing as they were working before. I have restored them back to how they were.
Help?

Archived