Sign in to follow this  

Bugged Cars - Update

Hi all,

There's a few threads and posts on this scattered around the forum so thought it would be worth making just one thread to try and catch all as it were.

The issue where some of your cars were becoming bugged and causing the game to crash is due to be fixed in the next PC patch all going to plan, and will follow shortly after in the console patches.

The fix will turn your bugged cars into working ones again the next time the game saves (once the patch is applied). I'll have more news in the coming days once confirmation of the patch date is locked down.

Thanks to those who sent me their save file, this has helped a lot :)

I think there's an issue which causes your upgrades to disppear when you exit the game, so you have to buy them again everytime. I don't know if it does this with random cars or only a few ones, as it never happened to me.

Loore said:

Hi all,

There's a few threads and posts on this scattered around the forum so thought it would be worth making just one thread to try and catch all as it were.

The issue where some of your cars were becoming bugged and causing the game to crash is due to be fixed in the next PC patch all going to plan, and will follow shortly after in the console patches.

The fix will turn your bugged cars into working ones again the next time the game saves (once the patch is applied). I'll have more news in the coming days once confirmation of the patch date is locked down.

Thanks to those who sent me their save file, this has helped a lot :)

So this wasn't fixed with the corruption patch?   If not that's kinda bs as us consoles still haven't even gotten the 1st patch meaning we won't get this patch till mid august? Please respond @loore. 

We're hoping to get all the fixes going into the same console patch

This is good to know, thanks loore.

which will take longer, putting them all into one patch or have it them in separate patches? As i feel the corruption glitch is more important and getting that one out sooner would go a long way to calming this community down a bit.

:)

Console patch costs are inordinate hence they'll combine them into a single patch. PC patch costs are just getting a server big enough to cope with demand...

Kaerar said:

Console patch costs are inordinate hence they'll combine them into a single patch. PC patch costs are just getting a server big enough to cope with demand...

Oh i see  but still does not answer the question ( or maybe it does) but im not a expert on these matters lol hence why im asking.

i ´m waiting for this patch... i can´t use most of my cars, my slots are full with cars i can´t use or sell.....

when will this patch come??

Kaerar said:

@Karar according to some things I have read Microsoft no longet charges for patches. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-26-microsoft-no-longer-charges-developers-to-patch-their-xbox-360-games I do not know about Sony though I couldn't find anything.

@_Loore: Both M$ and $ony no longer charge for patching process. Why do console users have to wait for a single patch that contains 2 or 3 updates previously released on PC then?

hola said:

@_Loore: Both M$ and $ony no longer charge for patching process. Why do console users have to wait for a single patch that contains 2 or 3 updates previously released on PC then?

i dont think thay have got a fix yet i think thay am trying to buy some time

Is this issue the one where the game re-launches just before it goes to the sponsor page as I just bought a car for the racenet challenge and now it just re-launches the game every time I finish so the time saves but the levelling doesn't?

Yes, it is. Just look in the garage and try to sell that car that causes the crash and you'll see a value of 0 and an error message.

any news about the patch??

in racenet i can see 2 more dlc, but nobody knows anything about the patch and we need this....

Loore said:

==============================

Is Time Trial also going tol be included in this patch then? We were promised this shortly after release but it seems to have not been mentioned in regard to this patch.

I seriously hope this patch arrives soon, considering that 5 of my cars are corrupted with this $0 giltch, including one of the BoB DLC cars. What a joke. 

Loore said:

==============================

Is Time Trial also going tol be included in this patch then? We were promised this shortly after release but it seems to have not been mentioned in regard to this patch.

Yes, Time Trial should also be in the patch

there is a way to play with all cars...

make a new player, but dont delete the old one....
with the new one you can buy and drive all cars.
but dont delete the old player!!! when the patch comes you can play with the old one...

True, you can "play" with the cars, but you can't buy, tune,  upgrade, or paint them in multiplayer. I'd say that's a big chunk of the game that's missing. It makes the game defective (and refundable under U.S. law) unless they patch it. I sure hope they get that right because it's a good game otherwise.