Jump to content Jump to content

An idea for kick votes

I think the way the kick voting system works on autosport playlist lobbies is good, but sometimes find getting kicked out of lobbies for having to many points or being quick is quite unfair. I've heard a lot of complaints about this happening from a a lot of racers.  You sort of earned the right to be that fast or start up the front.  One person will kick you and will influence other to Aswell... An idea for fixing that may be to take the kick vote off the lobby screen and just have it on the racers screen that's recieved the kick vote so  no one else can see it... This idea does have  benefits and downfalls I suppose.  And maybe in custom online lobbies, if you run for example a 5 race touring car session,  maybe an oppertunity to kick unsporting racers out during each race would be more effective than having to wait till the end of the 5 races. Any views?

I like your idea Charger & like you said good and bad points. I got tossed out in just 1 race today! First time with a white dot that has happened before & after a race. Of course it didn't help that I was in a room with 6 players & 4 of them were on same team. I didn't help that I beat them with a rented Commodore. And it didn't help I beat them by 10 seconds. I kind of wear it as a small badge of honor :#

I just go on a troll rampage whenever people started votekicks against me. It's pretty pathetic that people try to boot me out after a few races because I keep winning or coming 2nd but if they want me out the lobby I'm going to curse the crap out of them and go out fighting.

Fight fire with fire, pretty much. I don't give a damn about my white icon. I can win being a fair driver or a complete prat, it evidently doesn't matter which way I drive if people put votes on me regardless.

So pathetic though - the clean racers that will admit losing a place get booted, whilst the wall-kiddies who wreck their cars halfway through a race are the ones that stay racing.

@TheKazzyMac I usually try to just kill them with kindness. By not saying anything about getting votes. If I know they are going to try and block me or wreck me, I just follow behind them, & make extra sure to give them plenty of room. They will usually wreck and I just go on by them. With no contact what so ever. That will usually get me a vote too. I do not understand what some folks are thinking, why play a game if cannot stand to lose? 

I was kicked the other day in a one lap oval, 5 event Custom Cup race. I guess some folks have too much trouble with a American winning every Oval race in a loaner. 

@TheKazzyMac I usually try to just kill them with kindness. By not saying anything about getting votes. If I know they are going to try and block me or wreck me, I just follow behind them, & make extra sure to give them plenty of room. They will usually wreck and I just go on by them. With no contact what so ever. That will usually get me a vote too. I do not understand what some folks are thinking, why play a game if cannot stand to lose? 

I was kicked the other day in a one lap oval, 5 event Custom Cup race. I guess some folks have too much trouble with a American winning every Oval race in a loaner. 

Well yeah, it's the fact that I do race and pass clean that gets me the votekicks, usually by the ones that are trying to hit me, and then obviously I prove to them that I can beat them both driving fairly and unfairly. if I'm going to get booted out I make sure to give whoever instigated it hell. It's the same strategy I used on Grid 2 as well and it usually resulted in people rather literally giving up - to the point that when I'd catch them up they'd just pull over and get the hell out my way because they didn't want to get involved with me any more xD.

My age-old adage - "I can go around you, or through you. Either way I'm going past. It's your choice whether you want to come second or come last." :3

(I'm not a deliberate troll. I respect everyone that races fair and plenty races I've been cleanly and legitimately beaten so fair's fair.)

We cant be without the Kick vote and to be honest, I dont know what can be done to prevent it from being used unfairly... This week, although I play maybe once a day, I already was kicked 2 times for being faster, never due to crashes (has been quite some time since I am not white). In fact I have come second in many races, when I could have forced my way and win it without problems.

Then again, yesterday I was in a room for 3 hours or so... Won more then 20 races and although I was voted a few times, was never kicked! ;P Maybe there is hope, but if a party of friends is present and in sufficient numbers, they own who is allowed to stay in that room.
  • 3 weeks later...
Raylion said:

Votes should be restricted to one vote every 15 minutes or so.  People would then save their vote for when its actually needed.

I think the way the kick voting system works on autosport playlist lobbies is good, but sometimes find getting kicked out of lobbies for having to many points or being quick is quite unfair. I've heard a lot of complaints about this happening from a a lot of racers.  You sort of earned the right to be that fast or start up the front.  One person will kick you and will influence other to Aswell... An idea for fixing that may be to take the kick vote off the lobby screen and just have it on the racers screen that's recieved the kick vote so  no one else can see it... This idea does have  benefits and downfalls I suppose.  And maybe in custom online lobbies, if you run for example a 5 race touring car session,  maybe an oppertunity to kick unsporting racers out during each race would be more effective than having to wait till the end of the 5 races. Any views?

Something with both these points would be good. That way the guy will see he's getting votes and stop driving like a douche or he'll go on a rampage lol.

Schlecht said:

example:
4 players from the Club (BTC)
I could keep up with the Chevi Cruze, even sometimes had the best time.
Then they start to ram you, it does not happen, you'll be kicked by vote.
What a shit

How will Coedmasters to oppose this?

I had the exact same experience with that club today. Once I got a win they tried to vote kick me but it didn't pass. The next race I got slammed off the track by three of them on the first lap. Everyone had been racing clean up to that point. I decided it wasn't worth it and left after that race finished.