Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 acclimatisation

What constitutes a valid target hit? There are a lot of times during which I go through a target at speed, but the game says that I missed it. 

Are you 100% sure that all wheels were on track? Even a smidgen off track limits and the gate will be deemed to have been missed.

I'm pretty sure I'm on track. I've been hyper-mindful of keeping all 4 wheels on the track. I've even slowed down enough to make sure I go straight through the middle of the rectangles. 

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I just haven't figured out the common denominator(s) that trigger the failure. 

I also noticed that sometimes I go straight through the middle of one, but it brings up green, and it's not like I'm coasting or anything.

I have noticed that if you hit the gates fully, it will only show up green. I think that the gates are there as a marker, however if you want to get purple, you need to take the actual racing line - about half of the car touching the gate, half riding the kerb (only 2 wheels). I am not sure whether anyone else has noticed this, however it is what I have noticed, and I think it is to test whether you actually know the racing line or are just aiming for the gates. I might be wrong though :)