Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safety car issue

So this one is good.Ok so the safety car comes out I take the opportunity to pit,I obviously have a large gap to catch back up to the safety car so I put my foot down it tells me I'm going too fast to keep to the delta so I do that and fall further behind the safety car and start to get messages that I'm too far behind the car in front and will get a drive through if I don't get to within 10 car lengths so I speed up and guess what I get a drive through for speeding behind the safety car so I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't! Surely this is not right? Also the front car gets slowed down to like 30 mph when the safety car is coming in it's too slow.

Yes, I'm not impressed with SC so far, of which my woes have been mentioned in another thread. Thought it would be third time lucky at Spain, but I did likewise and pitted when SC came out and raced to rejoin but I also had to obey the Delta time so slowed, and did some spurts to keep within the limit. Once I caught up we poodled around for another 3 laps and then I got a Stop and Go penalty for blocking??? When the SC took off back to the pits on the back straight, the lead car became even slower than the SC had been and we all ridiculously bunched up even tighter for the next minute. I have since switched this feature off.  :s

Hey guys. An upcoming patch will drastically improve your Safety Car experience; a lot of these issues are taken care of.

Britpoint said:
Hey guys. An upcoming patch will drastically improve your Safety Car experience; a lot of these issues are taken care of.
Will we be able to pass the queue if we are a lap down. At moment we can only pass the safety car if no AI is following. Thanks