Jump to content Jump to content

Are you also finding Koenigsegg Agera R braking poorly

I was wondering if it is only me or do you also find that some hypercar ( specially Koenigsegg Agera R) are poor in braking even when compared to SLS GT3? I know it can be upgraded but even then in races I have to brake quite early even at usual speed corners from what AI cars are doing resulting in bland and boring competition. Practice is one thing but here it seems to be an issue. Zonda on the other hand feels much better. 

I do not know if you played Grid 2 or not but the Agera was very, very fast. If you could run it you were fast as all get out. If you could not use it you were a weapon of mass destruction. I do not really know what this has to do with this, but I thought I would pass this along. :D But maybe it will factor in somewhere. No lie my max speed for that car was in the 275 mph range on Grid 2. That car did not need brakes it needed a parachute!

It is too bad that in online playlists you can only race the Hyper Cars on the street circuits. I do not really race that much in Street because well I do nit really care for Street Circuits. 

Oh and also I dunno if you race with manual or Auto but, the Agera in Grid2 was somehat better with manual because once I started the race usually I would not drop below 3rd gear because of the wheel spin.

I tried Agera on same track (Algrave Club) track in Grid 2 and braking seems fine there. Finished alongside 1st place on very hard. A thing to notice is that the lap times covered on grid 2 (by AI and me)  are nearly 5 seconds less than what is normally achieved in GAS (1.29.xxx). It may be due to the simulation bend of GAS but it makes power sliding less evident. Direct comparsion is not possible here due to physics variation and that I play Grid2 on xbox controller whereas GAS on G27 in cockpit. GAS on xbox controller has similar +/- time to that on steering depending on track. 

Thank you guys. I really appreciate you all for sharing your views but question the still remains. I'll put it another way and I agree that Agera accelerates great and is fastest on straights.

While racing in a group of cars in a track ( say barcelona, paris) where power sliding is impossible, do you feel that all AI cars are braking normally at say 100m markers whereas I have to brake earlier, maybe even more than 150m resulting in lagging on every corner? 

I use only ABS too.

I also find that while I mostly play street in the playlists which have the tight corners and little straights so the top speed cars have little advantage, the zonda is the best as time is gained on the corners and the grip and acceleration of the car makes it so much better.  

I've driven all four cars in the class, and I've driven against the Zonda with the Agera. It's slow in a straight line. I never look at stats, just what I see when I play, and the Zonda is underpowered no matter how you look at it.

I guess its a difference of driving styles then, as I've drove them all and bought the zonda as a result and currently got a lot of wins on it now so i guess it works for me. But like I was saying, its only my opinion and was was offering a different perspective on the matter, not offering a argument. 

Well - what good is high top speed if you can't take advantage of it?

The Agera is obviously the fastest-accelerating car, yes, but it's also a butt to drive and it's terrible around corners compared to some other cars. The Bugatti from what I've been told handles like a dream but doesn't have the grunt either. The Zonda is the slowest car and I don't doubt that, but it makes up for it by maintaining speed through low and medium-speed corners on circuits that are impossible to get to high speed on.

On a circuit track? Yeah, the Agera will probably thrash the lot, and I personally hope the occasional circuit starts to pop up in street playlists to spice things up. But, from my own experience, the Zonda is just far more consistent in speed through corners, and is a lot easier to drive to boot. I haven't managed to crash it once, whereas the McLaren P1 was sliding all o'er the place. Apparently the Agera's brakes are crap too.

Note - the Agera was only the best car on Grid 2 because of the handling mechanics favouring powersliding over actual driving. The Agera was horrible around corners and because of that fact alone in Grid 2 it was an advantage. However, under more realistic physics the car is all straight lines and no corners and that's a good thing, it means that there's more metagame than just 'one car' for once. ;-)