Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Mid November Release?

Its July now and we havent heard anything about F1 2014. I believe that the game wont be released until after the Russian GP because Codemasters will want to make the track fairly realistic. Oct 12 is the Russian GP, so its likely the game wont come out till November. I guess we will here something soon.

CM will have all the data needed to create the Russian GP track already. It may not be 1200 % realistic but they don't aim for 100% realism out the box anyway They'll just look to get it in and the features they know about and  sort out the rest later in future versions of the game if not in patches. That's what they did wioth other new tracks and that's what they'll do with this one.

My guess is it will be ready when they say it's ready and not a day earlier. 

Don't be so god damn stupid. Stop posting these things, you have no clue and you won't have a clue until Codies decide to release information.

Last year, information came at 15th of July, and it's only 4 days later now, 19th of July, and you already assume a November release rather than an October release? Stop assuming, stop posting, if you have no clue, just shut up and wait. So freakin tired of seeing these posts on this forum.

Regarding the Russian circuit, have you ever heard about patches? ... Sigh...

Don't be so god damn stupid. Stop posting these things, you have no clue and you won't have a clue until Codies decide to release information.

Last year, information came at 15th of July, and it's only 4 days later now, 19th of July, and you already assume a November release rather than an October release? Stop assuming, stop posting, if you have no clue, just shut up and wait. So freakin tired of seeing these posts on this forum.

Regarding the Russian circuit, have you ever heard about patches? ... Sigh...

Its a forum. You don't have to read or respond to the OP. Im not sure why you would waste time crying about it. Weird

^^^^^^

one of the best posts ive read. codemasters do seems to act like a law unto themselves. its just a bloody game, and if they want to play silly buggers, theres plenty of other racing out/coming out. they had my attention a while back, now im just bored. yes i know, why bother coming on here if i am bored!!. my chioce ;-)

bigfatmee said:

... adding gimmicks like vote to kick, safety cars, stupid ideas like ydt. there is no immersion into the sport with this game

Safety cars and the YDT aren't immersion?!!?!? YDT is perfect for those who have never played a F1 game before, it isn't a stupid idea.

If you want information on the sport, then use the internet, it's far better and easier, rather than adding it into a game. The senna foundation gave 1 formula 1 car to GT6. 1. I don't think codies are crying over a single car. Infact, F1 2013 had almost the exact same car anyway.... (98T as opposed to the 97T)

Normally we get info late May to early July, if it goes to August I can see the release window being very late. Not sure I like how long they've gone before announcing anything, it's concerning. 

I guess its all based on getting approval, but its just discouraging as a huge fan of the franchise and the sport alike.  At some point it starts to put you off.  

(Granted I know I'll be the first one to download it straight away on Steam as early as I can... unfortunately hooked and obsessed haha.)

Normally we get info late May to early July, if it goes to August I can see the release window being very late. Not sure I like how long they've gone before announcing anything, it's concerning. 

yeah was expecting something thi9s week myself. I hope we hear something by the F1 summer break which comes after the next GP in Hungary otherwise it will be worrying.

F1 2012 was released before the inaugural U.S. GP, remember? Although the paint off the track wasn't included, CM still did a great job with the circuit in general and they will be just fine with the Russian circuit. They could always release a patch later on if they feel the circuit isn't good enough with next gen capabilities, right?

I say just skip 2014 and release 2015 earlier next year. If they release 2014 it will probably be late Nov or Dec by the time the game is ready with all the patches it will be 2015 anyway.  I say give us an awesome 2015 game.  I haven't played the career anyway. 

exactley my sentiment jpm72   codemasters need to start treating us customers with respect there is no need for secrecy and there is other games that will grab our attention.  yet steve hood on his twitter account has a picture of all past versions of f1 and says when the next one will be.  stop winding us up codemasters and just give us information even if you dont know when its released you can tell us what features will be in.  

mb1973 said:

exactley my sentiment jpm72   codemasters need to start treating us customers with respect there is no need for secrecy and there is other games that will grab our attention.  yet steve hood on his twitter account has a picture of all past versions of f1 and says when the next one will be.  stop winding us up codemasters and just give us information even if you dont know when its released you can tell us what features will be in.  

Yes but they can't give out any information until FOM has approved everything so they are to blame at the moment.

There is some need for secrecy because they probably try out lots of ideas that may not make into the final game, and as others have said, they need to get approval. If they announce something and then it is not approved then there are issues...

That said, F1 is not like other games, in the respect that we pretty much know there will be 1 F1 game per year, and (roughly) know what time it will happen.

So I think more speculation occurs because of this. CM could probably help a bit more by releasing a few crumbs of information now and again (in fact they do, but probably not quite enough). That way people would spend more time thinking about the crumbs and less time coming up with fantastical theories.

This is to do with the picture leaked on steam. There has been no confirmation that everything has been approved yet so my argument stands.

Hatta said:
cooldude7 said:
Ntay4 said:
Hatta said:
afrodude41 said:
Is this real @Hatta‌? http://i60.tinypic.com/67qlx5.jpg
Yeah that's real. Although the avatar has been removed now. :)
Why was it removed?
Probably because the game hasn't been officially announced yet and codemasters don't want anything leaked yet and maybe because as Hatta said not everything is approved yet which I think means they cannot announce anything until everything is approved.
What he said. ^^^ :)

mmpaw37 said:

Everything had been approved but someone at Codemasters leaked the avatar without authorisation, therefore it is my belief as Steve said that there's 'Internal Issues' to be resolved first, once this has been cleared, i would say by the time the Hungarian GP arrives we will have some information.

So, in theory, you could say that if it wasn't for the leak, we would've had the information by now. Putting everything in place for a big reveal then an employee breaks the confidentiality...My guess he/she has been fired.

The avatar showed up due to a Steam error. It should have been hidden by default, but it wasn't.

The avatar has had zero effect on our announcement. We're just not ready to talk about everything right now and I appreciate that's incredibly frustrating. If I could be more specific, I would. I'm sorry, once I can reveal more, I will.

mmpaw37 said:
Hatta said:
mmpaw37 said:

Everything had been approved but someone at Codemasters leaked the avatar without authorisation, therefore it is my belief as Steve said that there's 'Internal Issues' to be resolved first, once this has been cleared, i would say by the time the Hungarian GP arrives we will have some information.

So, in theory, you could say that if it wasn't for the leak, we would've had the information by now. Putting everything in place for a big reveal then an employee breaks the confidentiality...My guess he/she has been fired.

The avatar showed up due to a Steam error. It should have been hidden by default, but it wasn't.

The avatar has had zero effect on our announcement. We're just not ready to talk about everything right now and I appreciate that's incredibly frustrating. If I could be more specific, I would. I'm sorry, once I can reveal more, I will.

Right, ok, now that the avatar business is cleared up, let's get to the nitty gritty as it were...

Let me see if I have the facts which have been presented to us, either by yourself or by Steve on Twitter/Forum. Is it fact that FOM has approved the game...?  Steve has mentioned this and has said categorically that FOM didn't object.

Secondly, according to Steve, if FOM has approved the game then the hold up is obviously not them. Steve said on Twitter that there were 'Internal issues to first be resolved'.

Now, I am not going to ask directly what these 'issues' are as I know that we are not going to be told, and that's fine. However, it is irrelevant whether Codemasters produce an 'official' Formula 1 product. What is relevant is that, there are simulators/games that are out and some that are on their way, which once established in the community, can produce something on par, if not better in simulation terms of what the 'official' product would produce, Does this in any form worry Codemasters...?    Because it should!.

The problem is, it's the lack of explanation that isn't forthcoming that's frustrating, not just the game information being withheld.

You only have to look on Twitter at the questions and replies to see how ridiculous this all sounds, and it kinda borders on just being childish!.

The fact is, however you wish to look at it, F1 2014 is a game...nothing more.

You only have to look at simulators such as Assetto Corsa (Which I am considering purchasing), and rfactor 2. These 'real' simulators are really something special and will only get better with time.

So, in essence, all we ask(the community), is a little more transparency. Sure, it doesn't have to be the full truth, but just something to go on and give us at least some confidence that what we can expect will be worth all of this nonsense!.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I will ask this again as I've given up on Steve Hood. Will we be forewarned of forthcoming reveal information or will the announcement be just 'put out there'???

If possible, I'll always try and give a heads up to when the announcement is coming. It'll most likely be the day before (like I did last year). I'd love to do it now, but things can change last minute, and I don't want to give a time frame that could turn out to be false later down the line.

When I said "we're waiting on FOM" I was primarily referring to the screenshots, not the game content. I cannot go into specifics into why we haven' announced yet, as Steve's mentioned, some things have to remain internal.

Seriously mmpaw37? After all that you STILL have to get in that one question about August you know they can't answer. I truly wonder if people around here know how to read and comprehend such information.

the way things are going the game is either going to be released after the f1 seaon has finished which is pointless or next year which is even more pointless.