Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

I actually forgot about this until I stumbled upon a video on Youtube. The first race is in China around September and they still have that stupid fan boost thing. I like the idea of an overtake button with limited usage , but fans voting to give a driver an extra one ? Complete BS. Anyway ,  I'll be supporting Trulli and da Costa and I'm looking forward to it.

Very much looking forward to it, the entice of street circuits is too much to resist.

Virgin Racing all the way, Algi and Bird is a solid line up. Pretty decent field overall too, with drivers yet to be announced.

Should be good.

I guess if I watch it then I'd support Virgin and Da Costa. If I watch it that is, I'll watch the first few and see if they're good. 

AMS97KRR said:

I guess if I watch it then I'd support Virgin and Da Costa. If I watch it that is, I'll watch the first few and see if they're good. 

Agreed. The Virgin livery looks amazing too. It will be interesting. It'll either be a massive failure or a massive success.

I can actually see this championship being quite successful. I'm going to be watching every race I'm sure, and they've got some great locations, such as Monaco, London and Rio. I can't wait for it to start. It's odd seeing on boards though with no engine sounds, just wind. I hope they have some decent broadcasting too. I guess they'll have something similar to F1 with the world feed which the channels then show. Hopefully there'll be cool graphics, rotating on board cameras, etc

What channel is broadcasting it?

I don't like their calendar system. 10 races from September - June

EDIT: Also, Senna and Prost both in Formula E :p

AMS97KRR said:

What channel is broadcasting it?

I don't like their calendar system. 10 races from September - June

ITV have rights in the UK.

That's pretty good then.

So Jerome Custard has signed up to the series now. It's just gonna be full of ex-F1 drivers...

I'm looking forward to this series a lot. Electric cars really need a motorsport series that people can be interested in and can serve as a test bed for new technology. The lineup of teams and drivers is really good. I'll be going to the London ePrix next year.

...although I wish they weren't calling them 'ePrix'.

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone else watch the race? 

Full of action again  :D
It was really good! Gutted for Senna though, he drove really well only for it to go all wrong with 2/3 corners left :( And I'm annoyed with Montagny for the move he pulled on Heidfeld, he really deserved a penalty for that.

Why, do we have two FE threads, one with many more posts than the other from the last race, but we use the smaller one? One of the two needs locking/merging.

Not a bad race, I love this series, utter chaos!

Well this thread was made for first then someone created another one for no apparent reason. That one was used for the first race. Then someone obviously missed the other one when they wanted to post something. I don't think the mods have the ability to merge threads on this forum but they probably should delete one of them.