Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

MBKF1 said:

I've never supported him either, the past 2 years I've always supported Buemi for the championship. I still think he deliberately hit Buemi last year in London too.

Now he's lost his Audi WEC drive, Formula E is now his full focus, he's probably still frustrated at the whole Audi situation I expect!

Buemi from the start of FE for me :) It was devastating to watch Piquet Jr win it in the first season. Definitely agreed on last season though, it was so glaringly obvious.

He's frustrated at many things it seems! His comments after as well blaming Da Costa and saying that he clearly forgot how to race are just ridiculous. The guy is the Maldonado of FE but with far more ego. I'm very disappointed that the stewards have decided to do nothing over this incident as well. They seem far too relaxed on what seem to be deliberate acts.

Yeah me too, I remember when it changed to the on board of Buemi as he was fighting Senna through the last couple of corners. I was shouting, desperate for him to pass, but didn't quite manage it unfortunately.

I know it's hard to judge properly because a lot of drivers in Formula E are those that had mild success in F1, but Buemi has been a class act the last couple of seasons, and has obviously done very well in sports cars too. Real shame it didn't work out right for him in F1.

So it's just me who doesn't like Buemi then?                         

Nah, I'm not fond of him either to be honest. Didn't like his reaction to Senna at the end of season one and his driving at Mexico last year was dirty I thought. Not been popular with me since those two races. That being said, I do love how he's embarassing Prost. He wins a lot of respect points from me for that. **** Prost.

Bird, Vergne and Heidfeld have my support.

Watched my first race since last season, I see they have added more gimmicks not less. If they added pyrotechnics to the Monaco tunnel in F1 they'd get laughed back to main land France....

That smoke machine in the tunnel... I saw it go off on the first lap and thought, ok, that's alright, they'll probably do it again at the end. But no, EVERY SINGLE LAP.

Funnily enough Hughesy, my Dad came in and watched some of it with me. He's big into F1 but never taken an interest in Formula E. He couldn't believe some of the rules. It took me a good 3 or 4 minutes to convince him that FanBoost is actually a thing, a sports rule generated by Twitter...

Haha your dad and I are very similar then. The racing can be fun, but stuff like that puts me right off, as it's a popularity contest.

I want Buemi to win this championship, I've always preferred him over Di Grassi, but bloody hell, he really threw his toys out the pram yesterday. He was messy all day and lost it all at the end. I'm glad the drivers he was arguing with all took it well though and resorted to posting GIFs on Twitter, good job!

And now to compound the pressure on him, he got DSQ yesterday, so now he's 18 points behind!

Such a shame he was forced to miss New York last time, otherwise he'd probably be champion by now. I'm sure he would've preferred to have done that instead of WEC but Toyota make the calls.

Who is leading the championship? Think Buemi is quite the prick, so I'm happy it's not him I guess.

Buemi has painted a big target on his back after ranting at every driver he could find.

https://twitter.com/mark_whitelegge/status/891413650514358272

Di Grassi is leading by 18 points. There's 29 points available today (25 for the win, 3 for pole, 1 for fastest lap).

Gonna be very tough for Buemi to get that gap back.

It almost makes it pointless to watch now, it would take something crazy to happen for him to have a chance. I see it's only on Spike today, so the last race won't even be broadcast in HD.

I'm gonna be sour and say I hope that Di Grassi's gets taken out in turn 1 by Prost. The cheating bumhole is only gonna win this because Buemi had to skip 2 races. The second best driver will be champion without Prost's intervention!

And yea Buemi completely lost it yesterday, but it was fucking hilarious to watch :p

Hughesy said:
It almost makes it pointless to watch now, it would take something crazy to happen for him to have a chance. I see it's only on Spike today, so the last race won't even be broadcast in HD.
I'm hoping they'll be streaming the race again on YouTube, that's where I watched it on yesterday (I'm in Spain at the mo, and the Channel 5 stream I found was terrible yesterday).

Tell you what was disappointing though, there were only like 3,000 viewers yesterday on that stream. For a global championship, that is pants.

I'm gonna be sour and say I hope that Di Grassi's gets taken out in turn 1 by Prost. The cheating bumhole is only gonna win this because Buemi had to skip 2 races. The second best driver will be champion without Prost's intervention!

And yea Buemi completely lost it yesterday, but it was **** hilarious to watch :p
I do hope something happens to Di Grassi. Buemi has been the best driver all year, he deserves to win it (despite his terrible show yesterday).

Would be a nice payback for his antics in London last year as well! :p 

MBKF1 said:
Di Grassi is leading by 18 points. There's 29 points available today (25 for the win, 3 for pole, 1 for fastest lap).

Oh. Well, De Grassi is not exactly a nice fellow either. So one is a shithead on the track, the other one is a shithead off the track. Wish someone likeable would challenge for that title for a change.

Jiggy said:
MBKF1 said:

Oh. Well, De Grassi is not exactly a nice fellow either. So one is a shithead on the track, the other one is a shithead off the track. Wish someone likeable would challenge for that title for a change.
We need Sam Bird to up his game! And Vergne too.

Jiggy said:
MBKF1 said:

We need Sam Bird to up his game! And Vergne too.
I like Bird. Bird is nice.

Too bad all of it is dominated by Renault and Audi already.

Prost and Abt need replacing though. 3 years and both of them are just no match for their team mates. But they'll never be replaced because they've both got their daddies managing the teams!

So Formula E isn't streaming online live for U.K. viewers, so forced to watch it in SD, and they want me to take them seriously. Last race and forced to watch at a low resolution...  :|

So out of three seasons of Formula E, two of the champions are cheating assholes.

Pretty rubbish end to the season. At least JEV won I guess.

What a disaster weekend for Buemi, just no luck whatsoever.

I'm happy for Di Grassi, he's always been right up there and it's nice to see him win a championship, but he was incredibly lucky that Buemi had to miss 2 races. Without that he would've had no chance. Buemi was the fastest driver all year, he won 6 races (to Di Grassi's 2), so he deserved it totally.
Hughesy said:
So Formula E isn't streaming online live for U.K. viewers, so forced to watch it in SD, and they want me to take them seriously. Last race and forced to watch at a low resolution...  :|
Yeah that sucks man. I obviously chose the right weekend to go on holiday, I was able to watch the race live stream on YouTube!

But as I said yesterday, such terrible viewing figures for the stream. I never saw the number go over 3,000.

Where the championship struggles enormously at the moment is advertising and promotion. I never see adverts for Formula E anywhere. If you don't already know about the championship, I don't know how you'd find out about it!

I hope with the new manufacturers joining it'll gain momentum, because it's got the potential to be a properly good championship. The racing is fantastic, it just needs to mature a bit.

Di Grassi's welcome music to the podium for winning the championship was 'Get Lucky'.

Appropriate.