Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

Another really good race. They have no right having such close races around these really tight street circuits, but so far so good!

I like that they dropped the formation lap as well. It was a bit of a joke in the first race and it meant they all had a bit more energy to use this time.

I watched the hour highlights programme which I way preferred to last time when I watched the full live coverage. It was a good race! The circuit was decent and provided a good overtaking opportunity, and completely dominant by Sam Bird. I'm really enjoying this new championship so far.

Apparently the viewing figures were very low though, kind of unsurprisingly given the early start time and this race wasn't as well publicised as the last one in Beijing.

I watched the hour highlights programme which I way preferred to last time when I watched the full live coverage. It was a good race! The circuit was decent and provided a good overtaking opportunity, and completely dominant by Sam Bird. I'm really enjoying this new championship so far.

Apparently the viewing figures were very low though, kind of unsurprisingly given the early start time and this race wasn't as well publicised as the last one in Beijing.
Yeah the novelty factor had worn off quite a lot. And the early start time, as you say. And it's being somewhat overshadowed this weekend by another motorsport event...

A perfect storm really. I'm grateful the wait to the next race isn't so long.

Britpoint said:

Yeah the novelty factor had worn off quite a lot. And the early start time, as you say. And it's being somewhat overshadowed this weekend by another motorsport event...

A perfect storm really. I'm grateful the wait to the next race isn't so long.
So am I. Plus the January race is less than a month later, so it's something to look forward to whilst there's no F1 :)

I would actually watch this if bloody knew when it was darn on..... the advertising of this series is shocking. :(

We were wondering if Vergne would, but how did we miss this? https://twitter.com/AndrettiFE/status/543449218661490688

But they announced it in the middle of the week? And then it was posted here shortly after... :p 
In which thread because it isn't in anyone of the ones I'm reading (and I've read them all!)?

If yoh aren't watching this Formula E race, then put it on cos so far it's been awesome!

I would be very mad if I was Vergne. 

What you need to save the most? 2013 Formula 1 tires or Formula E batteries? 

Formula E batteries!

Gutted for Vergne, but great stuff for his first race. And those god damn sausage kerbs, they have to go. Ridiculous how many incidents those things cause, so just remove them and add a rule that a driver may get a 5 second penalty for corner cutting more than twice. 

I actually quite like the sausage kerbs. or at least very high ones. Not everywhere, but in certain places. They made the last chicane in Montreal a real challenge, it was thrilling to get through there even just in time trial on the game. Now they're just a little more friendly...

Although maybe that's a one off. On the Formula E circuit they were probably somewhat unnecessary!

For me though, the fact that twice this race drivers had suspension failure from bumping over the damn sausages says they need to be shaved down at least. And for Sam Bird, soon as he bumped the sausage he had no chance of saving the car, seems pretty unfair in my book.

For me though, the fact that twice this race drivers had suspension failure from bumping over the damn sausages says they need to be shaved down at least. And for Sam Bird, soon as he bumped the sausage he had no chance of saving the car, seems pretty unfair in my book.
I think they should just be be romoved seeing drivers retite after running just 2-3 meters of line is bad although its easy to criticise.

fIsince08 said:
Why is the finish line in a different place from the start line?
Its usually to avoid really close finishes if the start/finish straight is really long

I'm really getting into Formula E! This could be a really fantastic championship in a few years should the manufacturers come in and make their own cars.

I'm really getting into Formula E! This could be a really fantastic championship in a few years should the manufacturers come in and make their own cars.
I read in an issue of autosport that BMW is interested