Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

Juice29 said:
I'm really getting into Formula E! This could be a really fantastic championship in a few years should the manufacturers come in and make their own cars.
I read in an issue of autosport that BMW is interested
Yeah I can see them taking part, as they supply the safety car. Also Renault as they're already involved with the cars.

Formula E have been really good so far at fixing the issues that pop up race to race.

I think for next time we can add Safety Car restart procedure to that list!

Juice29 said:
I'm really getting into Formula E! This could be a really fantastic championship in a few years should the manufacturers come in and make their own cars.
I read in an issue of autosport that BMW is interested
Yeah I can see them taking part, as they supply the safety car. Also Renault as they're already involved with the cars.
Renault would probably take over e.dams

Disappointed that most of the drivers I like either had issues or got buggered over. Hate one of the drivers on the podium, dislike one, only know the others name. Quite happy for Senna though, may have had more contact than he should again but 5th ain't bad! Another great race for Formula E. Started off a little quiet, but after Chandock took the corner normally and had his suspension ruined by a curb it was crazy till the end. Really looking forward to seeing how FE developes over the next few years :)

Congratulations to Antonio Felix Da Costa must be nice to win something after a difficult year in DTM

Well what a race! I said it on Twitter but if that was a Formula 1 race then that would have been classed as a classic I reckon! Incredible excitement in the final few laps.

Real bad luck for Buemi, di Grassi and Heidfeld all to go out from the lead! And yet again, problems for Vergne in the final couple of laps!

This championship is fab, can't wait for the next few races.

There's been an extra race added to the calendar, Battersea Park will now hold the final race of the season on the Sunday after the London ePrix.

fIsince08 said:
There's been an extra race added to the calendar, Battersea Park will now hold the final race of the season on the Sunday after the London ePrix.
Anyone planning on going?

I'm certainly hoping to! A 2 race weekend means I need to think about staying in London overnight though

Anyone else watch the race?

Was probably a mistake having it on the same weekend that F1 returns. 

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone else watch the race?

Was probably a mistake having it on the same weekend that F1 returns. 
I did bud. It was ok, the 4 races before this were better I thought but I was glad to see a lack of sausage curbs.

There's a few things that niggled me though. The studio to circuit format just doesn't work, it's really really boring and I tune out most of the studio parts and end up browsing the net during those parts, they need to get into the paddock and wander just as Sky and BBC do with F1. 
And they need a different director, 5 laps into the race they cut to too many replays of the start, then a shot of a garage, and missed something like 3/4 laps while Bird and Vergne were battling for the lead. Plus whenever they switch to the helicam they really must mute the audio from it and use trackside mics instead, the high pitched hum was annoying enough to make me eye up the volume button on my remote more than a few times. 
It's just a bunch of niggly things really, but it's also things that make the presentation seem really amateurish and silly. Though I guess it'll improve over time.

So, racing wise it was ok, not as dramatic as the first 4 races though, and the presentation needs some real polishing minus Jack Nicholls and Dario Franchitti who seem like a good team in the comm box, and an honourable mention for Nicki Shields too. 

Yeah, pretty much agree with all of that. The replays of the start were annoying while Senna was using Fan boost.

And i really like Dario Franchitti in the commentary box.  :# 

Jack Nicholls is turning into a really great commentator. Considering he just made his mark last year he hasn't done bad at all!

How good was Scott Speed? The second half of the race in particular he came alive, absolutely great to watch.

Britpoint said:
How good was Scott Speed? The second half of the race in particular he came alive, absolutely great to watch.
Yea I was actually pretty impressed with him! I went from "Meh, he seemed kinda weird in F1" at the start of the race, to cheering him on for the win by the end :p Though the fact that I dislike Nico Prost a bit after his first round move on Heidfeld might have played a small part in that ;)

Yeah it should be a good one, yet again!

I don't know whether to stay up and watch it or whether to go to sleep and watch it in the morning. I usually stay awake until midnight and then get ridiculously tired and that's when it starts.