Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

So who here watched it? I watched this live instead of the GP2, I'll catch that this evening.

How much of a disappointment was Trulli though? No apparent problems with his cars, yet he finished last after starting on pole. That takes some skill, not gonna lie. Trulli train after three or four laps, overtaken about ten times in the space of three laps, used up more energy than the others. Awful.

Di Grassi did a great job, so controlled, and how lucky was he to break down after the line! Good job by d'Ambrosio too, and Piquet to recover to 5th.

The circuit seemed good for overtaking, but it lacked an atmosphere I felt. There was only about two grandstands located on the pit straight and at the end of the circuit, and nothing anywhere else. It was empty, the place looked drab.

Was funny that the autograph session took place in the airport though, with the drivers sitting on the old check in desks! :p

Moscow next and then London!

Yep watched it, Piquet jr was lucky he got the fan boost to get past about 3 cars.
 I was rooting for Heidfeld.

Now that's weird, too much energy?
https://twitter.com/FIAformulaE/status/602176988640481280

Wow! What a shame, as it was one of the most dominant performances of the year.

I've got exams on Monday and Wednesday so I'll just watch some 15 minute highlights I think.

Damn you Piquet :( 

Also I was quite happy to see Trulli having his rear wing taken off. Drove like a ****. Cutting the chicane every time somebody came down his inside, 1 time I could understand, but he did it 4 times on camera right? Maybe more when he wasn't being filmed.

Also I was quite happy to see Trulli having his rear wing taken off. Drove like a ****. Cutting the chicane every time somebody came down his inside, 1 time I could understand, but he did it 4 times on camera right? Maybe more when he wasn't being filmed.
Didn't notice him giving back any positions?

Didn't notice him giving back any positions?
He didn't dude. Not once. The only drivers who did were Buemi and Vergne when they were super polite to each other lol.

Can't believe Trulli didn't get any penalties in the race for the way he drove. He was driving a completely different circuit to everyone else.

Really good race, and Chandhok's crash just at the time when they had to change cars spiced it up a lot, and I was genuinely confused as to where the cars would end up, which never usually happens to me! Really good racing throughout, so a good race.

My god this track is awful, more humps than a Tesco car park..... And how can they even race? There's no room to overtake, one of the many reasons I don't like Formula E. I'm only watching it as there's nothing else to watch.

Seriously Piquet? Lol, **** move, seemed to me like he was maybe trying to take out his championship rival early. I mean hell why turn there when you were so far from the corner still? I suppose it isn't the first time he's cheated though.

@Hughesy This is the tightest circuit they've raced on yet bud. Some of the other circuits were a lot better for racing. The recent races haven't been the most exciting, but the first half of the season was constantly good races. 

@Hughesy This is the tightest circuit they've raced on yet bud. Some of the other circuits were a lot better for racing. The recent races haven't been the most exciting, but the first half of the season was constantly good races. 
Yes that was my point, what's the point having a track that you can't race on? F1 has Monaco but that's it. Street circuits are good, but not ones that are impossible to race on. Another thing I hate is fan boost, such a stupid idea, also wtf would people give it to Piquet when he's such a dick? And isn't he winning the championship? Surely if someone's got to have it, give it to Vergne...

Vergne joined like halfway through the season :p And it's racing, yoy can't just give it to him lol. Piquet hopefully won't win tomorrow though, can't stand the guy, and how he got fan boost I couldn't even tell you lol. My opinion of him is the same as yours. And yea, fan boost is pretty stupid really, I'm hoping they ditch it sooner rather than later.

Reason it's on tracks like this though is because by holding the races in the middle of a city it's a lot easier for people to go to and watch, plus it massively boosts the profile of the series. Even though some of the circuits have been dreadful it's a pretty smart way to get Formula E noticed.

Vergne joined like halfway through the season :p And it's racing, yoy can't just give it to him lol. Piquet hopefully won't win tomorrow though, can't stand the guy, and how he got fan boost I couldn't even tell you lol. My opinion of him is the same as yours. And yea, fan boost is pretty stupid really, I'm hoping they ditch it sooner rather than later.

Reason it's on tracks like this though is because by holding the races in the middle of a city it's a lot easier for people to go to and watch, plus it massively boosts the profile of the series. Even though some of the circuits have been dreadful it's a pretty smart way to get Formula E noticed.
Yea I didn't mean just give it to him, I meant why would people give it to that cheater? I wouldn't really call it racing if "fans" can just give someone a boost :p
If they got rid of that and raced on proper tracks, then I would probably watch it. Some of the street circuits are good, but some of them aren't good for racing.