Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

Ah I see lol. I dunno man, Vergne has had it once or twice now, but I'm just as perplexed as to who in their right mind would choose Piquet. Personally if they're gonna do a boost system then I think every driver should have one boost per car instead of just the drivers who people voted for. Makes it a lot fairer.

I think over the next few years they will end up going to more proper circuits, but as a starting point to get the profile of the series up its gotta be street tracks unfortunately. But over time I'm definitely interested to see what FE could turn into :)

Hopefully it will be an exciting race tomorrow, Buemi is probably favourite now? 

Lukedfrt said:
Hopefully it will be an exciting race tomorrow, Buemi is probably favourite now? 
I sure as hell hope so bud. Piquet winning the first driver championship would massively suck!

Been so busy the last few days so not had time to go on the forum much, but watched the race yesterday and qualifying, and what a decider it should be! 

Come on Buemi!

I don't see the negativity around Formula E, I can only see positives. For its first year, it has been a huge huge success. To visit 10 cities around the world, to attract the drivers it has, etc, it's been great.

The racing has been really good too, and doing it on street circuits in cities has been the best thing I think. Better than having it at purpose built ones miles away from the fans.

F1 could learn a lot from the way Formula E has gone about racing. It's been a completely new approach.

I don't watch it much, but if Piquet wins I'm going to be very angry :rage: 

The drama at the end... shame for Buemi. Thought Bird was going to win! 

Edit: Bird Wins! 

If Buemi managed to get past Senna at the end when he was side by side then that would have been the best finish! Would've beaten the 2008 Brazilian GP finale.

Formula E is so damn awesome.

I debated heading down on Sunday morning, but the laziness and a busy week got the better of me. I wish I'd gone. :(

If Buemi managed to get past Senna at the end when he was side by side then that would have been the best finish! Would've beaten the 2008 Brazilian GP finale.

Formula E is so damn awesome.
I wanted him to ram Senna into the wall to get past. Senna's crashed in pretty much every race so far so it wouldn't have been any different for him. 

I felt so sorry for Buemi, I wish he could've got past him.

The Mahindra drivers (Senna and Chandhok) kind of surprised me at how slow they were this year on the whole. They never really stood out and they were constantly in the midfield.

Venturi have been very unlucky this season too. Despite nearly winning something like 3 races, they never did, and they ended up way down the teams standings.

I'm going to make more of an effort to watch this next year, I only watched 2 of the races in the end :/ 

I never really know it is on until it has finished lol

Tesla would be a good brand to have in there if they ever fancied the challeng!

Looks like FE is starting to move to proper race tracks. This is the planned design for Imola next season:

Season two calendar: http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/10/formula-e-season-two-calendar-confirmed-paris-joins-miami-and-monaco-dropped/

Miami and Monaco dropped, Monaco joins and Mexico is probably going to join at the F1 track.

Algersuari has dropped out of this season after his faint at Moscow. Now I need someone else to support :(

Quadruple post FTW!!! Fanboost has been tweaked for this season. Voting now continues until six minutes into the race, when the drivers will be given it to use in their first car only. You can now vote over twitter, facebook and instagram as well as the Formula E website.