Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

Lukedfrt said:
Anyone else watch the race? 

I thought it was decent, plenty of action.
I watched it :) Really happy to see Heidfeld on the podium after what happened there last season. And Buemi just smoked everybody :)

Yep, a good race, as it usually is in Formula E! Buemi absolutely dominated them, no one could come close to him! Shame about the two Virgin DS cars, they were looking strong but just completely ran out of energy near the end of the first stint.

The new round has been confirmed and it's the first ever race on a permanent circuit! They'll go to Mexico and use the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez oval, with a chicane as the 1st corner and the baseball section at the end.

Yeah very good choice, I just hope they can fill out the huge grandstand full of fans.

What a brilliant race!                                                                                                                                 

I was thinking that too, he seems to be no match for Buemi at all. Buemi was absolutely fantastic in the race, all his overtakes were clean as you like, textbook stuff as Dario likes to say.

And again, generally, yet another superb Formula E race! I've said it before, but if this sort of racing happened in Formula 1 then it would be fantastic. Every Formula E race has been ridiculously entertaining,

For those of us in the UK, Mexico is going to be live on BT Sport Europe as ITV have other programmes on.

fIsince08 said:
For those of us in the UK, Mexico is going to be live on BT Sport Europe as ITV have other programmes on.
So they're showing snooker instead of Formula E... God I hope they get less viewers on the snooker than they do for a typical Formula E race.

Well why would you watch an exciting, adrenaline filled race when you could instead watch a needlesly smart dressed man staring intently at a table working out angles and the velocity in which a ball should hit another ball and how many granules of chalk his cue will require accompanied by the ambience of a deafening silence interupted by that one guy that always needs to clear his throat? :neutral: 

Real shame they aren't showing it live, and it's in Mexico based around the Hermanos Rodriguez circuit so if the crowd in the baseball stadium is full then it should have a sweet atmosphere. I doubt it is, but fingers crossed it's full.

Mexico this weekend and it's weird seeing the cars run on a proper track! The stadium has a few fans already for practice alone, but the Peraltada is being used as well (albeit with a chicane in it) and looks odd with the shade of the stadium.

Racing on a proper circuit makes you realise how slow these cars actually are. Their acceleration is no where compared to Formula 1.

It's a shame they've had to butcher the circuit with about 3 chicanes but I understand they have to for the breaking re-gen. It's cool how the cars go into the stadium and do a loop though, and of course the Peraltada.

Does that not show how poor the viewing figures are for Formula E if even Snooker is more important.  :#

Wanna stop being a troll and bashing things you don't like because you prejudged them?

Some viewing figures for you.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2015/june/formula-e-finale-draws-12m-on-itv.aspx

http://cleantechnica.com/2015/11/14/formula-e-surpasses-formula-1-in-viewership-say-what/

http://thejudge13.com/2015/06/30/formula-e-decider-draws-more-live-viewers-in-uk-than-f1/

Dude what the fuck is wrong with you?      

I watched the race on BT and enjoyed it, just found ITV showing snooker over Formula E a strange one so made a joke, but as usual you can't see that. Really not sure what's got into you over this past week, everything I say you jump down my throat for no reason at all....

Hughesy said:
Dude what the fuck is wrong with you?      

I watched the race on BT and enjoyed it, just found ITV showing snooker over Formula E a strange one so made a joke, but as usual you can't see that. Really not sure what's got into you over this past week, everything I say you jump down my throat for no reason at all....
I'm not entirely sure how anybody could see what you said as a joke? You've told me in the past you have no interest in Formula E, that electric cars have nothing to do with the future of the auto industry, and that you'd never drive one. How else would I see it when you say Formula E must have poor viewing figures?

At least someone did lol.

I still enjoy the racing to some extent, I'm just not a fan of the series overall and don't follow it closely. Really not sure what I've done to piss you off, last week we were close friends, now you just jump down my throat at every opportunity, nice one...

Mexicola said:
I'm not entirely sure how anybody could see what you said as a joke? 
To be fair, I did. :|

plz dont fite guis xox
This is the face I'm pulling at you right now... How was it a joke if it wasn't funny? 

Hughesy said:
At least someone did lol.

I still enjoy the racing to some extent, I'm just not a fan of the series overall and don't follow it closely. Really not sure what I've done to piss you off, last week we were close friends, now you just jump down my throat at every opportunity, nice one...
Maybe it's from last week where you posted bullshit articles about The Division and in the same post said I was forcing my opinion on others? After clearly stating the game didn't interest you, you still had to get a shot off at it right? I don't understand why you were hating on it, if it doesn't interest you then it doesn't make sense. As for saying that I was forcing my opinion on others, I hadn't even posted in The Game Thread about the bloody game until you posted links with misleading information in them. Yes I'd PM'd with you about it, but the last time I mentioned it was 2 weeks before. How does that count as forcing my opinion on others?

This is the face I'm pulling at you right now... How was it a joke if it wasn't funny? 

I don't know, but watching both of you throw your toys at each other is pretty funny.