Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Formula E Thread

Recommended Posts

Mexicola said:
This is the face I'm pulling at you right now... How was it a joke if it wasn't funny? 


I don't know, but watching both of you throw your toys at each other is pretty funny.
If there was a button that said 'dick', you'd have a number 1 next to it right now ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ok                                                                                               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well lets all calm down shall we.

I haven't watched the full race but caught some 4 minute long highlights, and I'd say the race was alright, not great, just alright.

However, still far better than most Formula 1 races these days, wahey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mexicola said:
I'm not entirely sure how anybody could see what you said as a joke? 
To be fair, I did. :|

plz dont fite guis xox
This is the face I'm pulling at you right now... How was it a joke if it wasn't funny? 



Hughesy said:
At least someone did lol.

I still enjoy the racing to some extent, I'm just not a fan of the series overall and don't follow it closely. Really not sure what I've done to piss you off, last week we were close friends, now you just jump down my throat at every opportunity, nice one...
Maybe it's from last week where you posted bullshit articles about The Division and in the same post said I was forcing my opinion on others? After clearly stating the game didn't interest you, you still had to get a shot off at it right? I don't understand why you were hating on it, if it doesn't interest you then it doesn't make sense. As for saying that I was forcing my opinion on others, I hadn't even posted in The Game Thread about the bloody game until you posted links with misleading information in them. Yes I'd PM'd with you about it, but the last time I mentioned it was 2 weeks before. How does that count as forcing my opinion on others?
Did you do any of the missions? Honestly dude, the first hour or so I spent on it I was just confused by the whole thing, but after putting 9 hours into it there's so many cool things, so many awesome little details  It is essentially Destiny but with a lot of added little things heh. There was moments every now and then where we were playing, and both of us would just be like "This game is **** awesome" lol. 

Just give it more time dude, doesn't seem great to start with, but it does get better and better. And it's a lot more fun when you aren't playing alone!

Lame dude p I really think you shoulda given it more of a chance and played with us, it's a much better game than I was expecting it to be.


I'm gutted you don't like it man lol, been playing it again with Martin tonight, we're both massively looking forward to the main game release  We've been playing mostly in a part called the Dark Zone with other players, last night sucked because so many people were dicks and shot us for no reason. Tonight's been awesome, we hooked up with a group of about 7 other players and just went up against AI, no one backstabbed anyone else and we were all healing and reviving each other  When we did run up against rogue players (it marks them red for killing other players) we had a shootout, then their rogue status timed out and made them normal players again, but made us rogue because we were still shooting lol. So we bailed, they chased, after a short while our rogue status timed out and they stopped shooting, did the salute emote at us and ran off lol. It was cool!

And I still think you're missing out p The beta was excellent, I'm massively looking forward to getting home and loading it up p 

No need to keep attacking the game just because you thought it was boring dude, to me it's awesome.

Thing is though, I consider add on packs with in-game skins and clothing as DLC, not microtransactions. A microtransaction to me is something you can pay for so you don't have to wait for something in game and can progress quicker, The Division doesn't have that. 

Also, the server issues, GTA Online had much much bigger server problems when it was launched, yet you love GTA Online just as much as I do p 

Another thing about the map and DLC, Destiny did the exact same thing but you enjoyed that game  

And you barely scratched the surface when you played the beta, you never even tried out the Dark Zone which is easily one of the most fun things about The Division! If you'd stayed on it, played some with Martin and I and still didn't like it then fair enough. But I just don't think you gave it enough of a chance, and you were already calling it boring before trying it so you were pretty much predisposed to not like it unfortunately bud.

But just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others will feel the same way, I loved the beta, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna feel the same way about the full game.
----------------------
Nowhere did I said others won't enjoy the game, I said "I" found it boring.


So all of this, none of it said I should get the game and that I'm missing out no? Even though I made my opinion clear on the subject? The only thing that's lame is you going Donald Trump bat **** crazy on me just because I don't like a game. Won't say no more on the subject or ruin this thread anymore, just has me all confused as to how you've reacted towards me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MBKF1 said:
Well lets all calm down shall we.

I haven't watched the full race but caught some 4 minute long highlights, and I'd say the race was alright, not great, just alright.

However, still far better than most Formula 1 races these days, wahey!
FE is better in general anyway. More cocaine > more fun #thanksfranck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MBKF1 said:
Well lets all calm down shall we.

I haven't watched the full race but caught some 4 minute long highlights, and I'd say the race was alright, not great, just alright.

However, still far better than most Formula 1 races these days, wahey!
The stewards were ridiculous though, D'Ambrosio cut the chicane, overtook 3 cars by doing so and didn't get any penalty at all! (go to 3:30)

https://youtu.be/AUZlZAjt5CQ?t=210s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hughesy said:
Mexicola said:
I'm not entirely sure how anybody could see what you said as a joke? 
To be fair, I did. :|

plz dont fite guis xox
This is the face I'm pulling at you right now... How was it a joke if it wasn't funny? 



Hughesy said:
At least someone did lol.

I still enjoy the racing to some extent, I'm just not a fan of the series overall and don't follow it closely. Really not sure what I've done to piss you off, last week we were close friends, now you just jump down my throat at every opportunity, nice one...
Maybe it's from last week where you posted bullshit articles about The Division and in the same post said I was forcing my opinion on others? After clearly stating the game didn't interest you, you still had to get a shot off at it right? I don't understand why you were hating on it, if it doesn't interest you then it doesn't make sense. As for saying that I was forcing my opinion on others, I hadn't even posted in The Game Thread about the bloody game until you posted links with misleading information in them. Yes I'd PM'd with you about it, but the last time I mentioned it was 2 weeks before. How does that count as forcing my opinion on others?
Did you do any of the missions? Honestly dude, the first hour or so I spent on it I was just confused by the whole thing, but after putting 9 hours into it there's so many cool things, so many awesome little details  It is essentially Destiny but with a lot of added little things heh. There was moments every now and then where we were playing, and both of us would just be like "This game is **** awesome" lol. 

Just give it more time dude, doesn't seem great to start with, but it does get better and better. And it's a lot more fun when you aren't playing alone!

Lame dude p I really think you shoulda given it more of a chance and played with us, it's a much better game than I was expecting it to be.


I'm gutted you don't like it man lol, been playing it again with Martin tonight, we're both massively looking forward to the main game release  We've been playing mostly in a part called the Dark Zone with other players, last night sucked because so many people were dicks and shot us for no reason. Tonight's been awesome, we hooked up with a group of about 7 other players and just went up against AI, no one backstabbed anyone else and we were all healing and reviving each other  When we did run up against rogue players (it marks them red for killing other players) we had a shootout, then their rogue status timed out and made them normal players again, but made us rogue because we were still shooting lol. So we bailed, they chased, after a short while our rogue status timed out and they stopped shooting, did the salute emote at us and ran off lol. It was cool!

And I still think you're missing out p The beta was excellent, I'm massively looking forward to getting home and loading it up p 

No need to keep attacking the game just because you thought it was boring dude, to me it's awesome.

Thing is though, I consider add on packs with in-game skins and clothing as DLC, not microtransactions. A microtransaction to me is something you can pay for so you don't have to wait for something in game and can progress quicker, The Division doesn't have that. 

Also, the server issues, GTA Online had much much bigger server problems when it was launched, yet you love GTA Online just as much as I do p 

Another thing about the map and DLC, Destiny did the exact same thing but you enjoyed that game  

And you barely scratched the surface when you played the beta, you never even tried out the Dark Zone which is easily one of the most fun things about The Division! If you'd stayed on it, played some with Martin and I and still didn't like it then fair enough. But I just don't think you gave it enough of a chance, and you were already calling it boring before trying it so you were pretty much predisposed to not like it unfortunately bud.

But just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others will feel the same way, I loved the beta, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna feel the same way about the full game.
----------------------
Nowhere did I said others won't enjoy the game, I said "I" found it boring.


So all of this, none of it said I should get the game and that I'm missing out no? Even though I made my opinion clear on the subject? The only thing that's lame is you going Donald Trump bat **** crazy on me just because I don't like a game. Won't say no more on the subject or ruin this thread anymore, just has me all confused as to how you've reacted towards me.

Everything you just posted is FROM WEEKS AGO you complete and utter idiot. And the stuff that isn't is replying TO YOU after YOU POSTED STUFF ABOUT THE BLOODY GAME. And I don't see how any of that isn't just stuff someone excited about a game and talking to their friend about it? 

I find it absolutely hilarious that you're getting shitty because I was talking about a game you don't like, when you did THE EXACT SAME THING with Ark. I told you I was done with it, yet had to suffer through weeks of you still blabbering on about it telling me all the shit you got up to with your brother on the game, yet I wasn't fucking interested. Did I call you Donald Trump for going on about it and not just cutting it the fuck out? No I did not. You're being a complete hypocrite.

The funny thing is, this isn't even about a fucking game and you can't see that. It's about the fact you've s aid I'm forcing my opinion on others, but to do that I'd have actually had to go on to others about how great the game is. I didn't. Stop badmouthing me in public posts and we can leave this. Real classy too btw, posting PM's, just the kind of thing you expect a friend to do right? 

You know it's funny right, you're quoting all that stuff from PM's yet you neglected to include the date on any of that. It was a conversation that took place from Feb 20th, to Feb 21st. I never mentioned the game to you again in PM's. If I was forcing my opinion on you I'd have carried on talking about it BUT I DID NOT. 

So maybe stop bullshitting about me yea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hate to lay down the law, but please guys, final warning. If you must continue to discuss this then please keep it to PMs, not the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mike96 said:
The stewards were ridiculous though, D'Ambrosio cut the chicane, overtook 3 cars by doing so and didn't get any penalty at all! (go to 3:30)


To be fair, he only lost the positions because Buemi was being an **** slowing down and blocking him instead of just letting him back passed. I'm with JD on this one, he would never have dropped those places if Buemi didn't cut the chicane to pass him in the first place. The only thing I don't understand from that is why he kept the fastest lap while doing that. Could agree with him losing that but not penalised for regaining the position that was rightfully his.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As Jack Nicholls is in Bahrain this weekend, Bob Varsha (ex Speed F1 commentator) is taking over the Formula E microphone. I've watched a few videos with him commentating and I'm not impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
As Jack Nicholls is in Bahrain this weekend, Bob Varsha (ex Speed F1 commentator) is taking over the Formula E microphone. I've watched a few videos with him commentating and I'm not impressed.
Bob Varsha has one of those full on 'full on' American sports commentator accents right? I'm familiar with his name, I'm certain that while watching either Nascar or IndyCar races on YT I've heard 'Hello, I'm Bob Varsha, with me today is...". I don't remember bad things, I just remember very very American accent lol.

I'm sure Jack Nicholls wouldn't want to miss the race, but it's a good thing for him in a way, he's being rewarded for his excellent work by getting to commentate on what's supposed to be the number 1 motorsport :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
I've watched a few videos with him commentating and I'm not impressed.
I'm not impressed with you either. Leave Bob Varsha alone, damn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
As Jack Nicholls is in Bahrain this weekend, Bob Varsha (ex Speed F1 commentator) is taking over the Formula E microphone. I've watched a few videos with him commentating and I'm not impressed.
Bob Varsha has one of those full on 'full on' American sports commentator accents right? I'm familiar with his name, I'm certain that while watching either Nascar or IndyCar races on YT I've heard 'Hello, I'm Bob Varsha, with me today is...". I don't remember bad things, I just remember very very American accent lol.

I'm sure Jack Nicholls wouldn't want to miss the race, but it's a good thing for him in a way, he's being rewarded for his excellent work by getting to commentate on what's supposed to be the number 1 motorsport :) 
Yeah he has a strong American accent.

I just don't like American commentators in general, they just don't seem to be able to hold suspense or tension as well as British commentators do. Compare the last three minutes of this (2000 Michigan 500 with American commentators):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25bHlzCbLuA

With this by Ben Edwards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQZ6MjtGPQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Di Grassi what the hell was that? He deserves disqualifying from the championship for that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
Di Grassi what the hell was that? He deserves disqualifying from the championship for that!
I think DQ is a must, but maybe just from this race. As long as Buemi gets out and does fastest lap then a DQ from this race for Di Grassi would be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That was disgraceful, if he then gets fastest lap it should be taken away. I don't care what the commentary team say it looks like he did it on purpose as he lifted off the brakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think Buemi might be doing something pretty smart here, probably waiting for it to get towards the end where the track will be most rubbered in. Di Grassi will have run out of charge by then and won't be on circuit.

If it doesn't go that way though then I really don't think Di Grassi deserves to be champ after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So pleased Buemi won the championship, I always supported him more than Di Grassi throughout the season, no idea why, I just prefer the dude.

I think it was pretty dirty from Lucas. Yes, it did seem the Renault's braked a tad early, but even so, Di Grassi was aiming to get onto the main road outside Battersea Park judging by his braking!

What a weird way to win a championship though, by setting fastest laps and finishing about 8 or 9 laps behind! Mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×