Jump to content Jump to content

• Codemasters Staff
Another really good race. They have no right having such close races around these really tight street circuits, but so far so good!

I like that they dropped the formation lap as well. It was a bit of a joke in the first race and it meant they all had a bit more energy to use this time.
I watched the hour highlights programme which I way preferred to last time when I watched the full live coverage. It was a good race! The circuit was decent and provided a good overtaking opportunity, and completely dominant by Sam Bird. I'm really enjoying this new championship so far.

Apparently the viewing figures were very low though, kind of unsurprisingly given the early start time and this race wasn't as well publicised as the last one in Beijing.
  • Codemasters Staff
I watched the hour highlights programme which I way preferred to last time when I watched the full live coverage. It was a good race! The circuit was decent and provided a good overtaking opportunity, and completely dominant by Sam Bird. I'm really enjoying this new championship so far.

Apparently the viewing figures were very low though, kind of unsurprisingly given the early start time and this race wasn't as well publicised as the last one in Beijing.
Yeah the novelty factor had worn off quite a lot. And the early start time, as you say. And it's being somewhat overshadowed this weekend by another motorsport event...

A perfect storm really. I'm grateful the wait to the next race isn't so long.
Britpoint said:

Yeah the novelty factor had worn off quite a lot. And the early start time, as you say. And it's being somewhat overshadowed this weekend by another motorsport event...

A perfect storm really. I'm grateful the wait to the next race isn't so long.
So am I. Plus the January race is less than a month later, so it's something to look forward to whilst there's no F1 :)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Codemasters Staff
I actually quite like the sausage kerbs. or at least very high ones. Not everywhere, but in certain places. They made the last chicane in Montreal a real challenge, it was thrilling to get through there even just in time trial on the game. Now they're just a little more friendly...

Although maybe that's a one off. On the Formula E circuit they were probably somewhat unnecessary!
For me though, the fact that twice this race drivers had suspension failure from bumping over the damn sausages says they need to be shaved down at least. And for Sam Bird, soon as he bumped the sausage he had no chance of saving the car, seems pretty unfair in my book.
I think they should just be be romoved seeing drivers retite after running just 2-3 meters of line is bad although its easy to criticise.
  • 3 weeks later...