Jump to content Jump to content

[F1 2016] XB1 - Lap Deltas broken?

Rymo16

It seems that Lap Deltas are broken in some scenarios in the game. For instance, on a flying lap on a track, the delta will tell me that I'm -0.800 on my best time, but I come to the end of a sector and suddenly it'll jump to +0.500, and then it'll jump back down to the negative delta, usually ending in a slower laptime. Now either the delta system is broken, or the delta is relating to my previous lap, rather than my best lap, which to me in practice and qualifying is irrelevant, and I'd like a setting to change that. For now, delta information is useless to me.

Adolfus58 said:
It is from the best lap. But it changes to what you are doing in that lap. So u can see if you need to quicker on that lap at that paticular point on the lap or if you are loosing time on that lap when you reach that point. 
Well, therein lies the problem. See when I'm driving around the track looking at the real time delta, it'll show green delta, but then when I get to the end of the sector where the delta freezes for a few seconds, it jumps to red and the difference in jump can be up to a second as far as I've seen. Then when the sector update goes away it returns to green for S2, then at end of S2 goes red, then it goes green right up until the end of the lap, where it goes red and I'm several tenths off my best lap despite the delta telling me that for most of the lap I was a few tenths up.

It makes it really difficult to know where I need to improve when I know I can't actually trust what it's telling me.

Rymo16 said:
Adolfus58 said:
It is from the best lap. But it changes to what you are doing in that lap. So u can see if you need to quicker on that lap at that paticular point on the lap or if you are loosing time on that lap when you reach that point. 
Well, therein lies the problem. See when I'm driving around the track looking at the real time delta, it'll show green delta, but then when I get to the end of the sector where the delta freezes for a few seconds, it jumps to red and the difference in jump can be up to a second as far as I've seen. Then when the sector update goes away it returns to green for S2, then at end of S2 goes red, then it goes green right up until the end of the lap, where it goes red and I'm several tenths off my best lap despite the delta telling me that for most of the lap I was a few tenths up.

It makes it really difficult to know where I need to improve when I know I can't actually trust what it's telling me.
I now am seeing what you are talking about. Not sure if it is a bug but I don't know what information it is trying to tell me.

Archived