Sign in to follow this  

Mercedes Whitewash ?

Do you think Mercedes can go one better than Mclaren in 88 and win every race. Also if not who do you think will be the first team beat a Mercedes in a race ?

I think they could win every race easily, but I am sure there will be a race where something goes wrong, out of their control

they could do it but I don't think they will though as I get the feeling that once they iron out their problems Red Bull will be after them also while fighting in Bahrain they did come close to taking each other out they'll have to be moer careful when it comes to tracks like Monaco as there's not a lot of room there to be making moves like they did in Bahrain.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they did win every race, I just have a feeling that they won't. And if I had to guess who'd be the first non-Merc driver to win this year, I'd go for Ricciardo :)

The only track i think they could be beaten on is Monaco, but i think they will be fine everywhere else

I got confused when I saw the title as I thought it was about a Witmarsh move to Mercedes. 

But yeah, I can see them actually pulling it off, they can do it as long as Nico/Lewis don't run into each other which I don't see happening to a retire-esc degree. The only thing that can stop them is reliability issues which I don't see occurring on both cars at the same race either. Redbull may catch them up in quali but their race pace looks un-beatable. 

I very much doubt it, I think the non power circuits like Monaco will see Red Bull win a race or two - remember - the only thing wrong with the Red Bull is the engine.

fIsince08 said:
I very much doubt it, I think the non power circuits like Monaco will see Red Bull win a race or two - remember - the only thing wrong with the Red Bull is the engine.
that's why I said no too it's only their powerplant that's holding them back once they've sorted that out they'll come flying out of the blocks after Mercedes not suer they'll solve all the issues but it's quite possible they'll still be under threat in places like Monaco or Budapest whee top speed isn't quite as necessary

While on paper I'm sure they have the pace and will have the development to be able to pull it off. But this year has so many unpredictable variables that makes it very unlikely to happen. Although it would be awesome if they could

I don't think it will happen. The non Mercedes engine teams will most likely catch up, something out of their control will happen, etc. I don't think it's likely they win every race on the calendar. Most of them? Quite possibly. All of them? Most likely not.

It won't happen. At some point another team will win a race this season. Whether it's based on performance or possibly both Mercedes having issues during the race.

3 races into the season and people are already predicting a Merc whitewash!!?!?!?! O.o

3 races into the season and people are already predicting a Merc whitewash!!?!?!?! O.o
I know It might sound far fetched now and its a long season, but when they where pushed the pace in which they pulled away in the laps after the safety car is scary quick. Bare in mind they where fighting each other so they still had pace in hand. I did vote no however but their pace does make me think twice.  

The season is long, we've had 3 races, plenty of ups and downs to come for for all teams, especially Mercedes.

I said no because the season just began. The cars are brand new and the teams are just now getting to see how they perform during the race. By the middle or end of the year, many of the teams I think will be equal with Mercedes. RedBull especially. 

Liam12d said:
I got confused when I saw the title as I thought it was about a Witmarsh move to Mercedes. 

But yeah, I can see them actually pulling it off, they can do it as long as Nico/Lewis don't run into each other which I don't see happening to a retire-esc degree. The only thing that can stop them is reliability issues which I don't see occurring on both cars at the same race either. Redbull may catch them up in quali but their race pace looks un-beatable. 
I thought the same thing, haha :p

Six votes for yes? Wow...I mean...we're only three races into the season. Even when RB was dominating, other teams were able to win.

I haven't looked at the stats, but are the Mercedes more dominant in terms of race and qualifying pace than the 1988 McLaren's were? 

They'll lose it on the last corner on the last lap of Abu Dhabi having won the previous 18 GPs and Max Chilton will come through the carnage and take the win, Bradbury style. This is ridiculous.

Found an article. http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/04/09/its-2009-all-over-again-in-the-2014-formula-one-season/

They'll lose it on the last corner on the last lap of Abu Dhabi having won the previous 18 GPs and Max Chilton will come through the carnage and take the win, Bradbury style. This is ridiculous.

Found an article. http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/04/09/its-2009-all-over-again-in-the-2014-formula-one-season/
Oh I hope so! That would be mega.

That would be a certainty if Taki Inoue was driving lol