Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to set fast laps on Time Trial?

I am using Dualshock controller on PS4 played both F1 2015 and 2016. But i am unable to set fast laps on time trails. I always come at 2000 ranks.

As an F1 fanatic i knew pretty much well about the tracks, take the perfect racing lines extra.

My question is how to set fast laps?

It's not just about taking the racing line. It's about entry and exit speed. Not bragging, but in F1 2015, I was the 17th fastest on the leaderboard around Russia, because I timed the pressure on the brake and accelerate to almost complete perfection.

andmcq said:
Get a G29 or T300 racing wheel. Nine characters.
Agree with that.  I have a T300 and is the first time i've had a wheel with an F1 game.  Could never go back to a controller on a game like this as it's so immersive. So much easier to get consistency and drive the car smoothly.  Controller is so jerky and harder judge the cornering with.  Really is a worthwhile investment.  I've not used it, but heard the T150 is great too for those on a budget.

Set your rival ghost to in and follow other people, you'll see straight away where you are losing time.  Like one of the above posts it is about exit speed, slow in, fast out is the way

Vack said:
I am using Dualshock controller on PS4 played both F1 2015 and 2016. But i am unable to set fast laps on time trails. I always come at 2000 ranks.

As an F1 fanatic i knew pretty much well about the tracks, take the perfect racing lines extra.

My question is how to set fast laps?

It's easy.Today I did 1:46:6(in spa) with a ps4 controller.Practice makes perfect.Find the perfect setup.Slow in,fast out

I review the F1 time trial laps and follow exact shifting pattern either Lewis or Nico (LOL) use. Now mind you that not all team cars have the same power, and not even the Ferrari in the new game is as fast as the W07. But using the Ferrari shifting patterns your time should improve.

add friends use them as ghosts.gradually you will improve.

smooth in and out of corners is key.so is racing line and braking.