Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racing Wheel Issue (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia)

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with my Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia racing wheel. I preordered F1 2016 and when I was finally released, the game did not recognized my wheel correctly. That means that all buttons and so on work, but the steering is strange. The game does  not recognize steering until about 45 degrees. I already uninstalled Geforce Experience and updated Codemasters Firmware. It is also worth mentioning that the game recognizes the wheel only as an Xbox 360 controller and not as an racing wheel. I am grateful for every answer and support. For the one fixing the issue I got a 2 Euros PaySafeCard left :P 

I tried a custom profile. And I know it is not supported, but it was neither in F1 2015 and it still worked out fine.

Your wheel most definately is supported but it is also known as the Thrustmaster TX i know because I have it and currently using it with F1 2016.

The only difference is Ive changed the rim to the Thrustmaster F1 wheel

Open the Thrustmaster Profiler and set the options below:

INGAME set the options and choose the Thrustmaster TX which should work perfectly with your wheel. You can either leave all mappings default or create a custom set as i have done to use with Fanatec CSP Pedals

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please come back to me for help

Hey, thanks for your detailed answer. Unfortunatly, I dont even have the Thrustmaster Control Panel, although I installed the driver. I also checked in my device manager, but the racing wheel is only recognized as HID game controller like here http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00144.pdf

*EDIT* I went to Windows Gamecontroller. When I click on properties only a windows  properties thing opens, which is useless.

*EDIT RELOADED* Screen added http://imgur.com/a/OCs0c  

It sounds like you dont have the software installed even if you have the drivers. All thrustmaster wheel come with the profiler software for you to configure the wheel. Check the thrustmaster support page, you need the file  2016-TTRS_2.exe..

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/

Remove any old drivers, reboot then Install the newer file and try the game controllers again

To install the software I had to run the firmware updater. But this updater does not recognized my racing wheel, so the software cannot be installed... How can I fix this?

SOLVED!!!

The wheel IS an xbox one controller !!! It just has a different "coat". I found no way to recognize it as a wheel.

1.: Make a backup of the actionmap file
2.: Open it with notepad
3.: Find & Replace
4.: Replace all 0.2 values to 0.0