F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what buttons do you guys shift with (pad users)

im curious about this, i could never get used to square and X to shift, i use R1 and L1 which imo feels more like paddle shifters in a way and it just feels better some top drivers use square and X to shift which baffles me a little but to me this leaves some extra buttons available for me to use and it also allows me to shift up and open DRS at the same time easily

I use a Xbox one controller on PC and I shift with LB and RB, so it's the same like you with L1 and R1.

I have the same feeling and I like it because it's the best to shift on a Xbox one controller. ;)

I played lots of Driveclub when it came out. I got so used to using triangle for gear up and square for gear down, that I always use these buttons now for any racing game. Not sure if that was the default Driveclub set up or not, but was how I played it. Had to swap DRS to the X button. Feels natural to me, as to change up you're pressing the upper button on the controller face, and then move the thumb down to change down. 

A for up, X for down on Xbox (x up box down ps4?)

If using rb/lb or r1/l1 what fingers you holding triggers with? 

I use default controls, tried lots of other different combinations but at the end i think this is the best way to drive. 
I would love to try it with a xone elite controller though, using the back paddles

Xbox one pad I use B to shift up and X to shift down. I've always played a lot of Forza and that's the controls for the gears on those games.

I use a Logitech F710 and I use the default settings i.e, button A for upshifting and button X for downshifting.

FRACTURED said:

My middle fingers
I find using middle fingers for throttle and brake very cumbersome. Since the days of Gran Turismo, I've always been using right stick for throttle and left stick for steering which in turn allows me to use L1 and R1 for shifting. L2 for mfd and R2 for pit communication.

Before I got a wheel at the start of last year, all racing games I used the analog sticks (PS3/4) as the accelerator and brake and L1 and R1 as the gear changes, I also used L3 and R3 for KERS and DRS, I found this easier as you could have a more progressive throttle and brake, and having DRS and KERS the same button as your steering and throttle/brake I found it easy to be quick and not have your hands fiddling all over the controller.

FRACTURED said:

My middle fingers
I keep those for flipping the bird lol

My index fingers give me better control than my middles would, as it's what I've used since first Xbox, hands are used to it. I can click LB/RB with a little movement of the knuckle of the index fingers whilst still on the triggers  (I have big old hands). The middles have been neglected.

I use the default but inverted: square for up, x for down. I can't understand how people can do it any other way.

FRACTURED said:

My middle fingers
R1/L1 for shifting up/down
R2/L2 for accelerate/ break
 Index/middlefinger

I tend to mirror my Forza Motorsport setup in any game I play:

A = Clutch (MFD in F1 2016)
X = Gear Down
B = Gear Up
Y = Look Back (DRS in F1 2016)

RB = Change View
LB = Handbrake (Radio in F1 2016)

Triggers = Throttle/Brake