Jump to content Jump to content

Chevrolet Cruze...glitch?

Hello to all. I just bought the Chevrolet Cruze and raced  online with one friend and full field of AI on Medium. I have no car upgrades on it yet. I have NO assists on and noticed the car drives like it is on rails. I raced it on five different tracks, and I could drive full throttle weaving around corners that normally would instantly put me in a spin with any other car I have tried, and that has been a lot.

It was so crazy, I thought for sure I somehow had put ALL assists ON. Not the case, I checked. Has anyone else noticed this? It acts exactly like ALL assists are ON when they are not.

There was a similar car glitch in F1 2011. Cant remember the details, but it was patched after a couple of weeks. I think it was either a car setup when using Suspension set at 1-1-11-11 or it was with the McLaren car. All that does not really matter, it just came to mind.

Thanks in advance for any input.  CORRECTION.....I did not buy it. It was a loaner, if it makes any difference.

I don't know if it's possible b/c of some online quirk? I did not notice anything different. I will test in Custom Cup today. I am not that good of a driver ,and I spinout a lot with no assists. I have to be very careful feathering the throttle and not downshifting too quick. With this car, I can just go wide open care-free for the most part. 

I ran this weeks challenge with a Loaner Cruze and set a time faster than I could match with my Own Ford Focus that had been upgraded. So maybe you are onto something. 

Loan Cruze is fast car, obviously a fast car if you get used to it. But while I tried hard with optimizated tuning settings I be able to pass my time nearly 0.8 seconds with BMW 320 brake and flywheel upgraded. But my friend with PS4 controller still faster than me by 0.2 seconds with his BMW 320 (don't know how much upgraded) because I am using keyboard.

888197 said:

The Cruze is all a bit floor-me-everywhere. Maybe it'll get recalled ;)

So you find this car to be like I said?.....that with all assists off it drives like other cars with assists on? I am not talking about speed as much as the fact IMO,the car simply drives as if it had Full TC, Stability...ON, when they are definitely OFF and for ABS, I don't remember. Also when using sequential gears, no problems with traction loss if I downshift too fast or down one gear too many.

I really would like to hear from others. Thanks for all your input. Keep it coming. :)

Zebrawire said:
888197 said:

The Cruze is all a bit floor-me-everywhere. Maybe it'll get recalled ;)

So you find this car to be like I said?.....that with all assists off it drives like other cars with assists on? I am not talking about speed as much as the fact IMO,the car simply drives as if it had Full TC, Stability...ON, when they are definitely OFF and for ABS, I don't remember. Also when using sequential gears, no problems with traction loss if I downshift too fast or down one gear too many.

I really would like to hear from others. Thanks for all your input. Keep it coming. :)

I haven't driven other BTCC cars in Autosport but the I have noticed the Cruze being like that I with all assists off. I can just completely floor it out of corners, and some decent corners I don't even have to lift.

I ran this weeks challenge with a Loaner Cruze and set a time faster than I could match with my Own Ford Focus that had been upgraded. So maybe you are onto something. 

Loan Cruze is fast car, obviously a fast car if you get used to it. But while I tried hard with optimizated tuning settings I be able to pass my time nearly 0.8 seconds with BMW 320 brake and flywheel upgraded. But my friend with PS4 controller still faster than me by 0.2 seconds with his BMW 320 (don't know how much upgraded) because I am using keyboard.

PS4 controller with PS3 or with PC?

TUSMBOX said:
The Cruze is front wheel drive, so hitting the gas out of corners isn't going to throw the car out of balance. If anything, you may get understeer.

This is true...good point, but I never noticed it that much on others. Just done some laps in Custom Cup with no upgrades no tuning and no assists at C.O.A. and it handled the same as last night online. I ran through those S turns flored and no brake hardly, just downshifting and upshifting, just for the fun of it. It was like a Drift fest...lol but not once did it ever snap all the way around. I was able to catch it every single time, which was not hard at all, and I am not a Drift guy.

Bottom line it is a lot of fun to drive, but not nearly as "realistic" as I would like it, but it is what it is. Overall I have a lot of fun with his game. I try not to take any of  it that serious.

andaya said:

With PC...

Well if you look at the Performance Chart, the Cruze is lighter and less powerfull of all the cars. Plus the fact its front wheel drive makes it more drivable in most applications. I used to race my 2001 Ford Focus in SCCA Autocross with some modifications. I unhooked my front sway bar and the car was pretty awesome, you can pull yourself out of most slides and corners by simply flooring it. It always comes down to balance in the end. I think the other cars might be a little heavier but have more power. Technically they are supposed to be balanced power/weight ratio and then it comes down to driving style. 

andaya said:

With PC...

Ok, thanks. I said because i tried a PS4 controller into the PS3 with AS and althoght it works L2 & R2 triggers doesn´t work as progressive or sensitive, so is the same as using buttons. I hope Sony updates the compatibility because triggers are better suited in PS4 controller for my taste.

Salute.

P.s. I couldn´t use the Cruze and compared with the BMW except in "loan mode" in the weekly challenge and i managed better with the BMW but i cannot buy and really compare better any of them because the save game becames corrupted, go figure...XD.

The Cruze doesn't really drive like it's on 'rails' for me. It's pretty slippery. It's just because it's front-wheel drive; spinning FWD cars out is pretty much impossible unless you're six years old.

I find the BMW 320i to be as much a match though; better acceleration out of corners and better high-speed grip at the cost of a lower top speed and being a little harder to drive. I can't drive FWD cars worth squat so I'll stick with the beemer.