Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport Video Review

Dear Codemasters,

Here is my video review of GRID Autosport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFoUIWswsis&feature=youtu.be

Regards,

Guy

If someone coming faster rate during a corner, do not try to block the inside. You get spin out.

You tried to cut up/block the AI driver who was going much faster than you. If it was the other way round you would be complaining about the slower AI car being too aggressive and trying to block you!!

National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Club Codes & Regulations

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

"...Section 25.4 Rules for Overtaking

25.4.1 Passing General

The responsibility for the decision to pass another car, and to do it safely, rests with the overtaking driver... The act of passing is initiated when the trailing car's (Car A) front bumper overlaps with the lead car's (Car B ) rear bumper. The act of passing is complete when Car A's rear bumper is ahead of Car B's front bumper...

...25.4.2 Punting

The term 'punting' is defined as nose to tail (or side-of-the-nose to side-of-the-tail) contact, where the leading car is significantly knocked off of the racing line. Once the trailing car has its front wheel next to the driver of the other vehicle, it is considered that the trailing car has a right to be there. And, that the leading driver must leave the trailing driver enough 'racing room.' ...

...25.4.3 Right to the Line

The driver in front has the right to choose any line, as long as they are not considered to be blocking. The driver attempting to make a pass shall have the right to the line when their front wheel is next to the driver of the other vehicle...

...25.4.4 Blocking

A driver may choose to protect his or her line so long as it is not considered blocking. Blocking is defined as two (2) consecutive line changes to 'protect his/her line,' and in doing so, impedes the vehicle that is trying to pass with each of the two (2) consecutive movements..."

MrDeap said:

If someone coming faster rate during a corner, do not try to block the inside. You get spin out.

You tried to cut up/block the AI driver who was going much faster than you. If it was the other way round you would be complaining about the slower AI car being too aggressive and trying to block you!!

Are you two for real?

You moved all the way from the right of the road to the left of the road without a care in the world about what was going on behind you and then you make a video to show how reckless your driving is and try to blame the AI. Am I missing something here?

GJ77 said:

MrDeap said:

Are you two for real?

The Answer is below

Operator1 said:

National Auto Sport Association (NASA) Club Codes & Regulations

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

"...Section 25.4 Rules for Overtaking

...25.4.3 Right to the Line

The driver in front has the right to choose any line, as long as they are not considered to be blocking. The driver attempting to make a pass shall have the right to the line when their front wheel is next to the driver of the other vehicle...

It is alright to block, but it if you deliberately cut the other driver like it is done in the video it is considered wrong.

25.4.4 Blocking
A driver may choose to protect his or her line so long as it is not considered blocking. Blocking is defined as two (2) consecutive line changes to 'protect his/her line,' and in doing so, impedes the vehicle that is trying to pass with each of the two (2) consecutive movements

You basically chose your racing line while entering, but went more inside changing again another racing line which are 2 consecutive line changes.

Oh god.

Sorry but I really don't have the time or patience to explain simple things to morons. I know at least some people from CM read these boards, and I know they know what's happening in that video. Hopefully they'll fix it.

@Operator1 thanks for the support but your effort was wasted I fear.

You know, you can't just call a person moron because they disagreed with you.

Many people have varying opinions, and you are welcome to prove their opinion is wrong through discussion, but you can't just throw some 240p video, call everyone a moron and dismiss yourself just because you "don't have time or patience." That is just disrespectful.

IMO obvious AI driver's fault. OP was on the racing line, there was no AI car next to him but behind and it just came too fast.

I also didn't see any blocking or multiple line changing. There even was a room on the left of OP's car, and the AI car could go there, but it didn't unfortunately.

IMO obvious AI driver's fault. OP was on the racing line, there was no AI car next to him but behind and it just came too fast.

I also didn't see any blocking or multiple line changing. There even was a room on the left of OP's car, and the AI car could go there, but it didn't unfortunately.

You need to concentrate on watching the first 6 seconds and ignore the OP's video editing after the incident. If you watch the first 6 seconds you can clearly see the OP's car moving across multiple racing lines before he got hit. If you just watch the OP's edit after this it looks like it was the AI's fault. 

MrDeap said:
...You basically chose your racing line while entering, but went more inside changing again another racing line which are 2 consecutive line changes.

I don't know what video you're watching, but I see & interpret this quite differently.

You need to concentrate on watching the first 6 seconds and ignore the OP's video editing after the incident. If you watch the first 6 seconds you can clearly see the OP's car moving across multiple racing lines before he got hit. If you just watch the OP's edit after this it looks like it was the AI's fault. 

Not sure if we are talking about the same movie? I saw that OP didnt change his line when on the straight. But when he was turning (normal line) he was hit from behind.

I'm really surprised how can anybody put the blame on OP here.

TBH I've had the AI steam into me like that tons without ever crossing racing lines or anything close to reckless driving. They just come steaming through especially if you've had contact with them previously (whether caused or received by you).

In this case it's pretty clear cut he had the line through the corner heading to apex it and the AI steams through like normal without proper braking. You look at the speed of that AI car, it wasn't going to make the corner without hitting another car...