Sign in to follow this  

The AI of GRID AUTOSPORT

I made this poll for some feed back for Codemasters. I give the AI a 95/100 because I think they are fun to race against and put up a good fight.

I'm all for aggressive driving and it's awesome fun when you're one on one with a well matched AI. When you're in mid pack though it can get quite frustrating, otherwise the AI are awesome :)

F1 2012'13 copy/paste AI.

There's a difference between aggressive driving and absolute retardation due to the AI not being able to detect your current location most of the times, specially when braking before a corner, or while taking It., like It happened with the latest F1 games. RIGHT EXACTLY the same

I love that this game's AI are actually capable of giving me a run for my money, as I am (err, was) a big Gran Turismo fan I'd gotten used to slow, dreary AI who were hopeless. If Codies tuned down Ravenwest's WIN ALL THE RACES mentality & gave the backmarkers more pace, my rating could be the full 100.

I have the AI on the hardest difficulty and they're really fun to race against. They go for overtakes and they're flippin quick which is great. The reason I didn't give them a 95 or 100 is because sometimes they can be really dirty and push you off for no reason, which is just annoying as I race also with no flashbacks

Whereas in general AI seems to have a tendency of flowing with their best line, I found AI in open wheel events behaving really excellent and competitive. And I can't blame them for hitting me a few times when I am also making a few bumps passing them through my racing lines :#  

I am playing on Hard settings and sometimes on Very hard. 

cause the ai do not understand if someone has the racing line thay will move into the line if your there or not 

I say 95.

I enjoy the aggression they have, as generally it's more involving and more action than the sterile on-rails racing lines of Forza and Gran Turismo. Perhaps the AI could have more awareness around sharp corners but eh, they're not really much better in Race '07 so I don't mind it. :p

I'd give 100 if Codemasters didn't make them cheat on straights though. There's really no need for the rubberband in a game that's been marketed as being more realism-based than the last games. I'd rather lose to an AI car that's simply driving the track better, as opposed to an AI car that's beating me because it has unrealistic acceleration/downforce..

Votes re the AI look very polarised ! Either you love it or hate it.

I have had some good battles with the AI. But, for me the enjoyment of a game is about using your skill to beat the challenge. What makes a game frustrating is when you end up losing through no fault of your own, just luck.

With the AI bashing into people, it feels a lot like this, especially at the start. You are not in control, and it is down to a lottery whether you will escape the carnage/get bumped off. This isn't very satisfying.

Of course, many people would argue that this is the way things are in real life racing ...

What's with the percentage obsession on these forums? A percentage is utterly meaningless. 80% of what?

I think the AI in GAS is absolutely fantastic bar one massive, massive, MASSIVE problem, which is their homicidal aggression. IRL even high-contact disciplines have rules about avoidable collisions. A bit of argy-bargy is great but when the AI piles full throttle down the inside and rams you clean off the track something is very wrong and needs fixing. And in GAS this happens ALL THE TIME.

I really enjoy the AI, they can be a bit aggressive but then so can I!! I really like the way that you're never allowed to relax and every mistake sees the AI behind you getting closer to catching you up. Nothing more tedious than breaking away from the AI and driving the rest of the race out on your own with barely any pressure. Thanks to the AI in career this is the first CM game since they introduced online play that I'm perfectly happy playing offline and am not missing playing online against real players at all. 

AI is aware, they block well, and are competitive at different levels and tracks. But their over aggressiveness at times makes it frustrating. Other times I've raced against them with no issues. I like to see the AI make mistakes at times instead of driving like robots. I wish we could see more human mistakes from Ravenwest, or an occasional team or two step up and challenge Ravenwest.

AI is aware, they block well, and are competitive at different levels and tracks. But their over aggressiveness at times makes it frustrating. Other times I've raced against them with no issues. I like to see the AI make mistakes at times instead of driving like robots. I wish we could see more human mistakes from Ravenwest, or an occasional team or two step up and challenge Ravenwest.

Yeah, there is too much of a gap between Ravenwest and everyone else. It ends up being a three car race (with a huge gap to fourth) way too often.

On the positive side, Ravenwest do actually make (small) mistakes now. In GRID they didn't even do that.