Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Felipe Massa Memorial Italian Grand Prix

Sucks that the whole race hinges on the start. Lewis consistently faster but lost the race after 3 seconds. I really hope next season is more competitive between many teams, as of now every race is between 2 drivers. At least if they both start well theres normally some action, but if not Ferrari or RedBull cannot challenge anyway. 

Haha Rosberg just got called Nicola on the radio, maybe that explains his lack of spatial awareness  :joy:

That race sucked. Very generous of Hamilton to cock up his start and gift Nicola the win. Can't decide on a DotD, nobody really stood out. Maybe Button, maybe Ricciardo, but even then...

Thank God the MotoGP is on soon.

Dull race (no surprise, it is Monza after all). Rosberg drove well, Hamilton wasn't great, neither was this grand prix. Next please.

Best bit of the race, Nicola getting bood, someone chuck a flair at him and give us something to talk about. 

I can't help but wonder if there's people underneath the bigger of the Ferrari flags held by the fans. I've wondered that every year since watching F1, and I've always thought I'd be annoyed to be under it and not see the podium.

Hughesy said:
Hmm Alonso getting beaten by the ambassador. 
Got to admit the bit near the end when Alonso's engineer came on and said let's get going we're about to be caught by Guttierez who's on 18 lap old tyres and Alonso just laughed was a classic. Not the most exciting race this year but it was certainly strategic

fIsince08 said:
Holly Samos is a terrible interviewer...
Terrible interviewer, but a brilliant voice over for when she does VTs.

But what a race! Best of the year! So good in fact I can't remember a single interesting thing that happened, awesome!

Imagine being an engineer at McLaren and everytime you do a board radio, you get either Alonso or Button either laugh in your face over what you've just said or come up with the next passive-aggressive remark towards you and the team. Seriously, I hope they have a good sense of humor or someone is going to get got.

Never heard Button act like that, Alonso does it all the time and always has, it's part of his charm... 

He said laughing or passive aggressive, nothing about being sarcastic.... 

Italy has a real problem with thieves, disgusting. From the press room as well

https://twitter.com/andyhone/status/772400371583115264?s=09

https://twitter.com/marksutton65/status/772359343928905729?s=09

Hughesy said:
Never heard Button act like that, Alonso does it all the time and always has, it's part of his charm... 
Button literally does it every race.

Jiggy said:
Hughesy said:
Button literally does it every race.
He's just being pedantic about it. I knew what you meant.

https://soundcloud.com/user-960205577/nicola-rosberg-seven-nation-army