Sign in to follow this  

Who checks & subsequently removes the cheaters for the Racenet Challenge leader boards?

As per the title, each time I check the leader boards there are some seriously dodgy people always in the top 5.

Who checks and removes these? and why hasn't an anti-cheat system been implemented in the game yet?

you know they're cheating when the gap between 1st and 2nd place is over 2-3 seconds. Look for yourself on Racenet.

some people just have more pace than others . in touring car cat c i ran a 1.24.950 and the last time i tried i was running nearly 2 seconds faster till a ai wrecked me so it can be done

Well, unfortunately cheaters got smart and sadder... I am pretty resonably sure (PC) most of the Top 10 times, if not all, are probably cheating... But most only have small diferences to what is really possible... :S Its very hard to spot, unless they can check game files for changes.

Well the current number 1 in party certainly has a sting in his tail.  131,706ft,  Take some beating that....

But those, like the one in 1st now, are the ones without consequence... The problem are the others... The ones that cheat just to edge the 1st or just be top tem...

Well, unfortunately cheaters got smart and sadder... I am pretty resonably sure (PC) most of the Top 10 times, if not all, are probably cheating... But most only have small diferences to what is really possible... :S Its very hard to spot, unless they can check game files for changes.

Thanks for that! I've been in the top 10 several times and resent the blatant labelling of good racers as Automatic cheaters!

Instead of whining on the forums follow the advice CM gave in the "How to report cheaters" thread, and stop accusing in the forums, CM previously had a strict and enforced "no naming and shaming" policy on the forums as not all players are members of the forums, therefore they would be unable to defend their reputation against such accusations.

They DO investigate, IF proven guilty the time is removed and the offender recieves a ban from online via Steam for breaching the EULA agreement (which we all agree to when installing the game and also Steam itself).

Not all good racers are cheaters please bear that in mind before making crass statements.....

Thanks for that! I've been in the top 10 several times and resent the blatant labelling of good racers as Automatic cheaters!

Instead of whining on the forums follow the advice CM gave in the "How to report cheaters" thread, and stop accusing in the forums, CM previously had a strict and enforced "no naming and shaming" policy on the forums as not all players are members of the forums, therefore they would be unable to defend their reputation against such accusations.

They DO investigate, IF proven guilty the time is removed and the offender recieves a ban from online via Steam for breaching the EULA agreement (which we all agree to when installing the game and also Steam itself).

Not all good racers are cheaters please bear that in mind before making crass statements.....

thats what i said at the start of the thread some guys are just faster seems like you are one of them lucky people 

@SRS13Rastus1701

Dont really know what is your problem... I say "probably", "maybe", dont say its a fact. I dont remember seeing you in Top 10 to be honest (in the last week challenges), so dont understand your reaction. Yesterday did 2 Challenges and for the time being I am Top10 in both, one of them would be 1st if not for that clear cheater, and not even had to invest a lot of time... But I am pretty sure that when the end is near, incredible times will be posted by people with 40 race experience! ;)

The biggest problem seems to be a grip cheat... Even today I played Psychic from AG team and as soon as I saw he had average 1st with over 400 races, immediately caught my eye... That is extremely hard to achieve in this game, knowing how the grids are sorted, unless you retire each time you see you are not getting 1st or 2nd. Anyway, we were in a custom room and we both went with loaner Viper GTS in Bathurst. I was following this guy until we got to the fast left corners before the famous S's. Basically, he disappeared... While I had to lift and even brake a little to avoid leaving the track, he just went full trottle like the car was on rails.

The other day I spectaded another one that sometimes is in Top10... Unless there was a lag phenomenon (which didnt seem the case), he would lift several times, especially before changing gears, making the car loose rotation, but then he would be 2s faster then all others per lap.

This is the problem... There seem to be some guys that probably think: everybody cheats, so its ok or something. Or when they enter a room and there is a faster guy then they are, it can only be because he cheats, and so cheat.

Bottom line, its pretty hard to know for sure who is cheating because they only "cheat enough". Only a tool then would check files in real time could make a definative difference, I think.

I happen to Know Psychic and again you are accusing without knowing, Psychic is NO cheat, neither am I (I also have an average finish of 1st place btw). As for the left handers leading to the esses, You CAN take them flat out in almost all cars IF you take the right line.

Once again you make blanket statements based on lack of knowledge, in this case it's a direct accusation. THAT'S what annoys those of us who are fast and honest!

You never maentioned what contrl method you used, (just out of interest) I use a wheel myself as does Psychic, a wheel is typically worth 2-3 seconds a lap because you CAN make miniscule changes unlike with a controller or keyboard, you can lift and power coast, feel what levels of grip are, giving you a huge advantage.

My only problem is that when someone such as yourself publicly states someone "maybe" or "probably" cheats the vast majority will beleive it even with NO actual evidence whatasoever!

I posted above how to report cheats, did you report Psychic? No you PUBLICLY accuse them of cheating due to your own lack of ability to race at the same pace...

That is offensive in the extreme dude, Like I said stop accusing and report it, that way IF you no longer see that name around then yes they have been proven to be a cheat, cheats are being banned so follow CM's guidelines instead of bad mouthing people with no factual basis!

I already played with you, and have nothing to say about you, even more because you left very quickly.

About experience, I am not going to put here what I have done or not, but suffice to say that I have experience enough to spot when things are not trustworthy. The fact is that after that race I described, your friend Psychic, everytime he entered a room where I was, and other AG drivers were with me there, he would left. But I am guessing that is a coincidence, and I am just saying things I dont know.

Ask him how he, using his wheel, was able to keep accelerating thru the very fast left corners in Bathurst, before the SS's, without lifting or breaking with a loaner Viper GTS. Just the level changes in that part of the track are enough to loose the back of the car, like the much less powerfull Holden can show. Better yet, try to do it yourself! ;) I can be wrong and you guys have unimaginable skill.

Actually VGSpeedPro with the right line those corners are taken flat out in V8 Supercars IRL. Ingame it's possible too but you need every inch of the track and balls of titanium. I've done it many times in GRID now as well as Shift 2 Unleashed. Tough track to master though.

@Kaerar
I do that flat out in my Holden... I just meant that if that ones is a bitch, imagine the Viper GTS going a lot faster, being a lot more tail happy and weighing more.

I already played with you, and have nothing to say about you, even more because you left very quickly.

Ask him how he, using his wheel, was able to keep accelerating thru the very fast left corners in Bathurst, before the SS's, without lifting or breaking with a loaner Viper GTS. Just the level changes in that part of the track are enough to loose the back of the car, like the much less powerfull Holden can show. Better yet, try to do it yourself! ;) I can be wrong and you guys have unimaginable skill.

I leave when I find a bunch of Ramming numptiues who try and use me instead of their brakes.

Probably the same way I was able to do this and as I said already BY TAKING THE RIGHT LINE!

http://youtu.be/7eRABii0aOE?list=UUfodQroh1MfPmXtSWtBjvcg

Honestly, I dont know what car is this, since I dont use cockpit view... I dont even think this is Grid Autosport (or else I dont understand why people are saying cockpits suck). Anyway doesnt really seems a Viper GTS. So, really, dont get what you are trying to proof here... But maybe its just me...

Honestly, I dont know what car is this, since I dont use cockpit view... I dont even think this is Grid Autosport (or else I dont understand why people are saying cockpits suck). Anyway doesnt really seems a Viper GTS. So, really, dont get what you are trying to proof here... But maybe its just me...

It's Grid 1, although I'm confused as to how a Honda is in a touring car race.

I find that 'double left' before the downhill-S section to be doable at or close to full-throttle though, even in the V8 supercars (which people said is doable but difficult). Although yes, this argument of how much difference a confident driver's skill makes is exactly why I don't play PC online because it ends up blurring the line between who's just very good and who's using a grip/acceleration hack...

Kazzy you get that same problem on Console, please stop misrepresenting it as PC only. Looking at the Racenet leaderboards for the current challenges there's one obvious cheater. The rest are all in legitimate timeframes. Whether some are cheating or not is almost irrelevant there. Hell in GAS I can't match the times of what I did in Shift 2 because I feel the car better in Shift 2. I lack that feel in GAS so I'll be slower. I also use a pad which means I'm 1-2s down on the good wheel users anyway due to lack of precise steering input.

Though I will do a run in a Viper on Bathurst right now to see what's what.

EDIT: Just ran the Viper for my first run on Bathurst. Could easily do the double left without braking, but did use throttle feathering to balance the car as I'm not used to it yet. With more running in the Viper and tuning it to suit my style more the feathering wouldn't be needed.

I know Rastus since the beginning of Grid2, and as a verry honest and not  at least verry helpfull man. He`s just an extremly good driver and puts alot of effort in his (pc) racing. Useless to say that i would put my hands in to the fire that he doesnt cheat bcz its just internet.

Its more that some players just envy him(and other good racer`s) and inmidlately  pull the cheat card.

And ofc there are alot cheaters out there, and ofc i hate that to but  acusing good clean racer`s , in this case Rastus bcz he`s alot in the top10, is anoying to, u just have to accept that there are better racer`s out there, use it as a challenge to *train* harder

It's the Volvo C30 from Grid 1, these cars were only int the 8 Ball and Prestige car packs which the console owners got whereas PC owners got shafted with nothing. Makes a change for the PC to get priority for once! In the Volvo C30 it's topping out at around 165mph so it's the fastest touring car in Grid 1. Not as fast as a viper gratnted but fast enough the any error is punished massively.

At this time I don't have vid of the Viper round Bathurst, The reason I included the vid was to show the corner CAN be taken at FULL power if you take the right line.

Sadly you failed epically to understand that even though I explained that in  the comment, the point I was actually trying to make is don't make baseless accusations in public forums, you ruin innocent peoples reputation and end up looking silly.

As i said before follow CM's guide "How to report cheaters", if you had and still saw the person you "fingered" so publicly online then THAT is proof of innocence, if not then it's proof of guilt. Noooo instead you trash reputations and attack those who try to point you in the right direction..... Way to go dude.

Oh and btw I was the one "Gamer" with early access to the game, why? For being a nice guy and helping people out with advice and also giving away my old PC parts for nothing to friends who were out of work and could no longer play games due to being unable to afford to upgrade.

If you want, keep the chip on your shoulder, I don't care and it's no skin off my nose if you do! Just pass the accusations on to CM instead of blasting people on the forums who may not be members and so are unable to respond.

053 said:

I know Rastus since the beginning of Grid2, and as a verry honest and not  at least verry helpfull man. He`s just an extremly good driver and puts alot of effort in his (pc) racing. Useless to say that i would put my hands in to the fire that he doesnt cheat bcz its just internet.

Its more that some players just envy him(and other good racer`s) and inmidlately  pull the cheat card.

And ofc there are alot cheaters out there, and ofc i hate that to but  acusing good clean racer`s , in this case Rastus bcz he`s alot in the top10, is anoying to, u just have to accept that there are better racer`s out there, use it as a challenge to *train* harder

Thanks for that dude :) I accepted years ago the old addage "There's always someone better than you and there's always someone worse"

As for cheaters? This week I only saw the one possible so far AND I REPORTED IT rather than plaster accusations in here!

Sadly you didnt read when I say I do it full throttle in the Holden, so I know its possible on some cars... Sandly people tought I was calling you a cheater, when I was not even talking about you... Sadly there wasnt any point where I blasted anyone, just said something I saw that was not possible with another sadly thing people try to forget which was the LOANER Viper GTS and not the Viper GTS (and btw, no aids, which might be relevant I guess)... Sadly you dont know me from anywhere, so you just assume things about me, so let me tell you something: I dont accuse people without being resonably certain, and again I say, I said "probably". Also sadly, still nobody proofed it was possible to replicate.
There is one thing I did wrong and I accept it: I "probably" shouldnt have refered his nick, but then again the previous race with the Holden, also in Bathurst, he semi-crashed with 2 guys and then caught up to me like I was on a Sunday walk. I didnt do a very fast lap ("only" 2m 02s), but then again if he had have a clean run, and knowing how fast he was approaching, I guess he would be on 1m 58s or less. Ok, that might be possible with a tuned max leveled Holden, dont know, because mine is only level 25 and on default setup. But then again, it was strange and if it had been only that, I wouldnt have said a thing.

I have enough years of SimRacing and Semi-Arcade Racing to know I am decent driver. And although I dont have the time anymore to really dedicate myself to a game, I know that when I am following a guy that gains seconds towards me in a matter of a few hundred meters using the exact same car as me, well, something is not right.

But I may be mistaken and if that will proof to be the case and since I refered his nick, I will be man enough to say I was wrong and say I am sorry.

VGSpeedPro

What do u want? If u have a nickname "PRO" this does not mean that all cheaters around, k?

A blanket accusation that ALL in the top ten MUST be cheating as YOU can't beat them?

As for not seeing me in the top 10 last week No 4 in drift, just behind Aeternox Stanley Ipkiss and MizuJPN AKA Psychic.

I also have an average finish of 1st with over 340 races so, according to you I'm most likely a cheat as well, again a blanket statement labelling good players as cheats because WE have managed something YOU haven't?

I'm currently sat at No 4 for endurance, just over a second and 2 places behind you yet, you don't hear me making such statements like you did above, by your OWN comments You're just as likely to be a cheat as well.

Doesn't feel so good when you KNOW you don't cheat and some opinionated idiot makes stupid, crass, defamatory, remarks like the above without engaging whatever they use for a brain.

So you trash peoples reputation and never take into account WHERE they are based and never even bithered to ask "could this be lag?" no you FLAT OUT ACCUSE!

Now you're trying to backtrack like mad when you SHOULD have filed a report of your accusations to CM as per the sticky thread specifically advising HOW TO DO SO.

You wonder why we're offended by s**t like the tripe you posted? Well when some idiot labels you as a cheat with no proof it can make getting a race online impossible, so thanks for fucking up the game for all good racers you near as damn it accuse of cheating with the uninformed drivvel you posted......

This thread has degenerated from a question to outright accusations and could get locked/deleted because of 1 idiot who instead of asking them directly "How do you do that?"  Great innit?