Jump to content Jump to content

Time Trial Leaderboards

jennyannem

• Social Media & Community Team

Hey guys,

Firstly, just to let you all know that we’ve got a new patch coming on all platforms - we’ll be posting the patch notes for you shortly.  Some of you have noticed an issue on Time Trial where invalidated laps have been logged on the leaderboards. This has meant that some people have been able to cut corners and have their laps count. This issue has been fixed in the coming patches, but because we know you guys want to be able to set times and compete against each other as fairly as possible, we’re going to be wiping the leaderboards as each of the patches go live.

If there’s any questions you have about this, just let me know.

nice to see em wiped but hopefully you deal with the cheaters also.no 2nd chance policy ban them.no return.as this game uses same engine as dirt rally you could also ask steam to add VAC BANS.that would keep them out dirt rally.

the more products the worse the punishment.might deter them more.

hopefully it doesnt end up a wipe every month because of the cheat/glitch times.
Good to know this issue is being addressed and I look forward to the patch as Time Trials is where I spend most of my time in this game and I'd appreciate the accuracy, especially in my attempts to get a close as possible to Lewis' and Nico's lap times. Thanks for the update information Jenny!
Good to know this issue is being addressed and I look forward to the patch as Time Trials is where is spend most of my time in this game and I'd appreciate the accuracy, especially in my attempts to get a close as possible to Lewis' and Nico's lap times. Thanks for the update information Jenny!

I spend a lot of time in Time Trial mode too - don't often have the time for the races (particularly as I'm a stickler for wanting to do 100%) and I find that it's a mode that offers decent competition between a couple of friends and I.

One thing that I've mentioned before is that it'd be great if you could filter the leaderboards by car.  I set what I thought was a cracking lap in a Force India that a friend of mine took an absolute age to beat in a Ferrari - I'd have loved to have seen where that stacked up against other Force India times/similar cars.  It seems like such emphasis has been put into the different cars having pronounced characteristics, that it's a shame that this is undermined by a Time Trial mode that, aside from exceptional circumstances, necessitates driving only the Mercedes.

In addition to the above:
  • it'd be great if there were some sort of notification system linked to the users' friends leaderboard - SSX had this very nicely...an alert when a friend beats your time by -XX.XXX;
  • a cumulative lap indicator would be good (total per circuit, rather than in-session) - in my limited playing thus far, I've probably done about 60 laps of Albert Park but less than 6 in most of the circuits...it'd be good to be able to check in on this;
  • Whilst the rankings are good, it doesn't necessarily indicate at what level the user really is - 1500th in Melbourne might be equal to 250th in Austria, simply because of the amount of people gravitating towards particular circuits.  A "You are ranked within the top XX%" of users would be a nice touch.
jackharte said:
Good to know this issue is being addressed and I look forward to the patch as Time Trials is where is spend most of my time in this game and I'd appreciate the accuracy, especially in my attempts to get a close as possible to Lewis' and Nico's lap times. Thanks for the update information Jenny!

I spend a lot of time in Time Trial mode too - don't often have the time for the races (particularly as I'm a stickler for wanting to do 100%) and I find that it's a mode that offers decent competition between a couple of friends and I.

One thing that I've mentioned before is that it'd be great if you could filter the leaderboards by car.  I set what I thought was a cracking lap in a Force India that a friend of mine took an absolute age to beat in a Ferrari - I'd have loved to have seen where that stacked up against other Force India times/similar cars.  It seems like such emphasis has been put into the different cars having pronounced characteristics, that it's a shame that this is undermined by a Time Trial mode that, aside from exceptional circumstances, necessitates driving only the Mercedes.

In addition to the above:
  • it'd be great if there were some sort of notification system linked to the users' friends leaderboard - SSX had this very nicely...an alert when a friend beats your time by -XX.XXX;
  • a cumulative lap indicator would be good (total per circuit, rather than in-session) - in my limited playing thus far, I've probably done about 60 laps of Albert Park but less than 6 in most of the circuits...it'd be good to be able to check in on this;
  • Whilst the rankings are good, it doesn't necessarily indicate at what level the user really is - 1500th in Melbourne might be equal to 250th in Austria, simply because of the amount of people gravitating towards particular circuits.  A "You are ranked within the top XX%" of users would be a nice touch.
Liking all of these suggestions - particularly the notification one!

In addition to what you've said about ranking by car, I'd be very interested to see rankings filtered by assists too. So if you're 2000th in the world overall but you aren't using any assists, you might be 1000th out of those who did not use traction control and 500th out of those who also didnot use automatic gears.
How about separate leader boards for those who don't use assists. It's ridiculous to compare unassisted times with those who use assists.
Yep, that's what I was thinking, specifically:

1. Overall (all players)
2. No traction control players
3. No traction control or auto gears players
4. No assists players

It's unbelievable! Why did you delete all times.
You have could only delete the times that are impossible to drive like the 1.06 in Canada. Why deleting the 1.12 or 1.13 Times, these are normal Times.

We are in the final weeks of league preparations and team selection and this was not helpful or necessary.
You have could only delete the times that are impossible to drive like the 1.06 in Canada. Why deleting the 1.12 or 1.13 Times, these are normal Times.
Because there was no way of knowing whether they had been achieved fairly or not. Maybe that's irrelevant to your league preparations, but it's quite important to the rest of us.

We are in the final weeks of league preparations and team selection and this was not helpful or necessary.
Where would the cut off be? You'd have to pick one specific time to the 'top' time to delete anyone above that time's lap. You'd end up deleting someone's time that was genuine. Best to delete the whole lot. 
KreeZiE said:
What will be done about cheaters? There is 1 person on top of the time trail lists in multiple circuits. When you see the ghost you can see there are speedhacks being used on the straights.
Was just about to post this. Leaderboards are really senseless, as long as it seems to be impossible to keep them clean. Codies, I  appreciate the game a lot, I give you my biggest  respect and credit for your big effort regarding listening to the community, bringing out great patches whatever. But is it really THAT hard to prevent cheating in there leaderboards? Thanks for reading / listening! 

Archived