Jump to content Jump to content

[F1 2016 - PC] Input lag with Xbox 360 controller

CookieCutter

What's up people of the internet. I've got a very annoying problem with my game. As you can guess by the title, there's a delay in my controller input and the game. In the menu's it's completely fine, but when I'm in a race it's very significant.  The problem is bearable on most tracks but I cannot complete Monaco without flying into the barriers every lap. Does anyone have the same problem and more importantly, do any of you have a solution? Below there are some specifications about the system I'm running.

GTX 970
16 gigs of RAM
Monitor with 144hz refresh rate
Using Xbox 360 controller
V-sync off

• Codemasters Staff
Hi @CookieCutter that's odd because I play on a 360 pad on PC all the time and I don't have any problems. Do you have a lot of other direct input devices connected to your PC? Headsets, keyboard, mouse etc? Maybe try unplugging those and see if that helps.

You could also try a lower refresh rate, perhaps the device is struggling to keep up at 144 hz but that's a complete guess on my part TBH but it's worth a try. I take it you don't have problems with other games using that pad?

Lozzy said:
Hi @CookieCutter that's odd because I play on a 360 pad on PC all the time and I don't have any problems. Do you have a lot of other direct input devices connected to your PC? Headsets, keyboard, mouse etc? Maybe try unplugging those and see if that helps.

You could also try a lower refresh rate, perhaps the device is struggling to keep up at 144 hz but that's a complete guess on my part TBH but it's worth a try. I take it you don't have problems with other games using that pad?
Thanks for the response. All that's plugged in are my keyboard, mouse, headset and the controller ofcourse. I tried playing on my second screen which is a 60hz monitor and there was no improvement. I've got no problems with any other games.

Archived