Sign in to follow this  

British car pack

Loore said:

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/07/best-of-british-car-pack-grid-autosport/

It still did not address what class/discipline these cars are in except for the Mclaren (Endurance). And will we be able to use them in "Online Playlists" if other people did not buy them.

Yes, they can be used online.

Classes:

McLaren F1 GTR // Endurance // Endurance GT Group 1

Aston Martin Zagato V12 // Street // Grand Tourer

McLaren Mercedes SLR 722 // Street // Grand Tourer

Thank you Sir @Loore for your answer's. I don't know how y'all become a "Sir" but, it sounds cool. 

Once the patch comes out, I may consider buying it, but only if, 1, we can put our own livery on it, and, 2, it can competently compete with the Nissan, because the HSV sucks in my opinion. 

@Loore , this is one of the packs that isn't in carreer mode, right? BTW, it isn't available on Steam yet :/ 

@Loore , this is one of the packs that isn't in carreer mode, right? BTW, it isn't available on Steam yet :/ 

Yeah, this sort of info *needs* to be easily available. If these cars are not in career mode, I'm not interested. Some people won't be interested if the cars are not on online mode, etc. Anyway, I'd like a confirmation about whether these cars will show up in career mode before buying the DLC once it shows up on Steam.

The only DLC that are going to show up in the career mode are the mini-expansions. This one isn't.

Oscar97 said:

The only DLC that are going to show up in the career mode are the mini-expansions. This one isn't.

Very disappointing to know, but thanks. At least now I can skip the Season Pass without regret.

Loore said:

Yes, they can be used online.

Just now bought (Xbox 360), error downloading ...

Intrigues Microsoft ? Or wait Title Update ?

any chance of fixing the tt mode on ps3 please before another DLC drops. yeh we are still waiting ya know

Three seems so little.....others I would like to have seen:

BTCC Championship Winner 2001-2004 : Vauxhall Astra Coupe

Lotus Elise or Exige (Plenty of Models to Choose) 

Metro 6R4 -- Rally maybe, but imagine it around Chicago or Washington.  Dirt 3 vehicle -- easy port?

I'm wondering why CM chose for these cars, and call this pack the 'Best of British Car Pack'. 

The McLaren F1 (one of the best hypercar in the world, no doubt) has a V12 BMW engine (which is German), the Aston V12 Zagato was designed by Zagato, which are Italians, and the SLR is partially German (even sports the Mercedes badge...).

Aren't there any Jags or Astons or Bentleys or such that are actually 'British'?

P.S.: The 3 cars are beautiful and amazing, without a doubt, but still...

have to be honest here, these cars dont excite me in the slightest. just feels like more of what we already have. dont we have enough mercs in the game already and an F1 and a Zagato somewhere. 

Why these cars? Very simple, they were the easiest to copy/paste from their previous title Grid 2. Least amount of work to maximize profit.

I am going to make educated guess that Coupe Style DLC is going to include Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Nissan GT-R and Zenvo ST1. Just wait and see.

@TheKazzyMac the fix is already live on PC, as for the cheaters IF you report them they get BANNED, if you don't report it then they won't will they????

Haven't actually come across a cheat online yet so I think you're stretching it a bit with the "the prevalence of cheaters on PC". On the other hand I HAVE seen cheat times on the racenet challenges, I reported them and they were removed, I've yet to see any of those names back online.....

Do we have to pay for the cars using in game credits or do we get them when we have available garage slots? 

You had to pay (credits) for the pre-order car, why would this be any different?  Autosport dlcs give 'access' not 'ownership' but am open to be corrected. :smile: 

I got nothing.  No extra garage slots.  I assume I have access to 3 cars that were most likely already on my disk and merely unlocked with the pass, but still not 5 extra garage slots.

Almost each and every day I feel as though codemasters is working their way deeper into my anal region.  Give me the fucking time trial that was supposed to be there a month ago and quit giving me shit I have to pay for and then later within the game have to pay for again and then later have to continue paying for.  Your company is setting a new standard for not delivering what it promised and then later delivering shit that we, the customer must pay for.  I am honestly seeing a low that is lower than EA.

Do you really want to be known as being a company that is lower than EA?  What happened to codemasters?  You used to be able to put out quality racers at a fraction of the standard price and time trials worked great and showed up on leaderboards and also online leaderboards.  Lets look at the real tracks you put out now compared to the toca days.  Not close in anyway.  Are all the best programmers gone?  Are licenses that much more expensive?  Something happened, that much is clear, but what, what is it that is making your company slide?  How hard is it to copy the same formula each and every time?  We only want good graphics and different tracks and cars.  The f'n phisics is always the same.  How hard is it to just give us what we want?  We dont want limitations on garage slots so you can milk us like we are cows.  We want to be able to get all of our cars that we payed for to level 99 without need to pay more on damage percentage than we receive in winnings each race.  This game could be great.....................I dont know, it could be decent to be sure, but you, the programmers of codemasters are going to screw yourselves by milking us.  I want what I payed for.  A decent codemasters racer with a decent time trial and I dont want all your other shit that you seem intent on giving us.  Fix your game.

Were we supposed to get the garage slot pack today? Thought i read that somewhere. I do NOT have the slots and i bought the season pass. The next available garage slot is locked until i  reach next level. Doesn't make any sense?