F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

This game needs Valve Anti Cheat - VAC or some sort.

First of all i really like this game. It has a great gameplay not too sim and not to arcady combined with some good graphics.

One thing that ruins this great and fun experience is the amount of cheaters online.
I would really like to hear something from the developers in regards to this HUGE problem the online community has now.
I mean, no other bugfix or DLC or whatever should have a bigger priority than banning cheaters online. As long as there are cheaters around the fixes/patches are practicly useless.

If you support this, please leave a message so this problem gets some attention!

To sum it up, Codemasters have to implement some sort of Anti-Cheat system like the very succesfull VAC for example. Some manual banning they do is like a raindrop in the sea! 

Thanks for reading.

Totally agree with you mate - I've come across a few recently - some obvious, some not so.  As always, Codemasters wants proof of cheaters so they can take action.  I submitted a cheat not so long ago and heard nothing back, so I'll post videos here and see if that grabs some attention.  As it happens, the one that's just uploading now is of the guy you mentioned the other day, and I caught him with a friend, so an extra bonus :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblhNJkODlI&feature=youtu.be

gaski said:

Totally agree with you mate - I've come across a few recently - some obvious, some not so.  As always, Codemasters wants proof of cheaters so they can take action.  I submitted a cheat not so long ago and heard nothing back, so I'll post videos here and see if that grabs some attention.  As it happens, the one that's just uploading now is of the guy you mentioned the other day, and I caught him with a friend, so an extra bonus :)

So freakin awesome you caught him... He was so sneaky changing his name and steamprofile link all the time.. Hope your video gets rid of him... I've been looking around if I could find him again but no luck.

Here is his steamprofile if you may have lost track of it. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968705079

TetPr said:

I mean, no other bugfix or DLC or whatever should have a bigger priority than banning cheaters online.

Really?? there´s a ton of people wich cannot play the game because of corrupted files, cars and many more, bugfix are ALWAYS a priority in any game, and in this case are more than important.

I agree with you but online part is divided in two, the part directly from CM, RaceNet, and the classic online; a game developer can´t do too much when cheaters are in the way, the rigths adquired with the purchase of the game includes online game and this part is "half-shared" with the plattform (Steam, PSN, MS...).

Online not can only ruin this game, it ruins evrygame that becames a hard purpose for cheaters; that´s the reason for private lobbies, clubs etc..., i usually run in both but only when i dare and have enough "humor sense" i resist a playlist with....for example a couple of well-know french users; and don´t blame me please for say french, it happens with other countries and is not a question of countries really, but in this case i almost find them everyday, but they are not registered in RaceNet, they disable the account.

Maybe CM could do something but because the nature of online can´t do much more than kick vote and some more improvement, but again there´s no a total solution, is very difficult that a company forces or have great reasons to ban anybody from a videogame plattform.

Salute.

andaya said:
TetPr said:

I mean, no other bugfix or DLC or whatever should have a bigger priority than banning cheaters online.

Maybe CM could do something but because the nature of online can´t do much more than kick vote and some more improvement, but again there´s no a total solution, is very difficult that a company forces or have great reasons to ban anybody from a videogame plattform.

Salute.

This is not the nature of online. The nature of online is having an anti-cheat system. All the big developers have them why not Codemasters? I am sure Codemasters is one of the big players in the game industry and they have never released a game with an active AntiCheat system. Thats just unbelievable for a big company like CM.

About the bugfixes, i think we have to agree to disagree then.  Ofcourse bugfixes are important but to me personally fighting cheaters is even more important because a game which is 100% bugfree but has cheaters in it,  is stil a terrible game.

TetPr said:
gaski said:

So freakin awesome you caught him... He was so sneaky changing his name and steamprofile link all the time.. Hope your video gets rid of him... I've been looking around if I could find him again but no luck.

Here is his steamprofile if you may have lost track of it. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968705079

I already reported him through steam, along with his friend.  The video is posted in my original post above. 

TetPr said:
andaya said:
TetPr said:

Salute.

This is not the nature of online. The nature of online is having an anti-cheat system. All the big developers have them why not Codemasters? I am sure Codemasters is one of the big players in the game industry and they have never released a game with an active AntiCheat system. Thats just unbelievable for a big company like CM.

About the bugfixes, i think we have to agree to disagree then.  Ofcourse bugfixes are important but to me personally fighting cheaters is even more important because a game which is 100% bugfree but has cheaters in it,  is stil a terrible game.

Yes, is not the nature, all rigth, i meant that "the nature" these days, i agree with you that it could be use something more but i haven´t high hopes in it, really. But all in all maybe this point shoud be conssider in the future, at least this is how many developers "speak to us"...in the future...XD.

About the bugs you must undestand that i´m talking about a great failure, not a bug, THE BUG, that bug that can´t allows somebody to play the game, and this is the most important and priority thing to do. If you would have it, i hope not, then you coud´t talk anything about figthing cheaters, online playing and so on...THE BUG is ruining the game BEFORE any other thing; and there´s thousands of people.

Salute.

While VAC may reduce number of cheaters temporarly, it cannot help to completely get rid of them, and in time they will find new way to avoid VAC (obviously not best anti-cheat in the world). Cheating in racing games is pretty easy from technical side. I wouldn't expect PC game without cheaters, its clos to impossible. I have many online games on PC but I cannot name single one where this poblem is not present, in some games it really gets out of hand. 

For fair online gaming I'd advice buying this game on console, it's the only way have fun, though I'm PC gamer myself. Sad but true.

ive got an idea for cheaters, basically divide a track into 400 checkpoints say, if a car passes one of these in a super fast way, auto kick.  how hard could it be to implement this?

CM already ARE doing something about cheaters, but WE need to report any instances we find, give CM the names involved as per the "How to report cheaters" thread (which no-one seems to read......)

If WE don't send in these reports to CM then WE have no grounds to complain as CM cannot take action with no information can they?

Confirmed cheaters ARE getting Steam bans, so report it as soon as you see it, send CM the name and preferrably the associated Steam account name and they WILL look into it and BAN them if guilty.

CM already ARE doing something about cheaters, but WE need to report any instances we find, give CM the names involved as per the "How to report cheaters" thread (which no-one seems to read......)

If WE don't send in these reports to CM then WE have no grounds to complain as CM cannot take action with no information can they?

Confirmed cheaters ARE getting Steam bans, so report it as soon as you see it, send CM the name and preferrably the associated Steam account name and they WILL look into it and BAN them if guilty.

Every other company using report system for catching cheaters, for exaple EA with their Battlefield. Too many times obvious aimbotter was kicked from the game and then reported by half of the server. I check his account in week - no ban. It's not due to they simply don't give a crap, but because it's hard to detect them from technical side. You have to provide very hard evidence (video with tags/names and obvious violation), it's not always you are ready with recording software to have best angles and stuff. Modern cheaters are smart lads. Only bold and obvious ones get banned but others will go unnoticed, that's for sure.

When you say codemasters ARE doing something, its not really codemasters, its us the users who have do do the hard work of tracking the cheaters recording and uploading (This job could take hours) and all CM have to do is review the material and apply a ban. But even this they dont do because they dont seem to reply to emails. Ive sent mine days ago and i heard nothing, same goes for some other people i talked to.

I dont want to sound harsh but CM are doing nothing! Those bans they do on the Racenet Challenges leaderboards are probably done in 10 minutes. In online races the cheaters have total freedom. Nobody will ban them. This is the real problem when you race the cheaters face to face. the Racenet challenge is nothing compared to this.

I say CM is doing something when they release an active anti cheat system. Until then, this smalltime bans they do based on proof delivered from gamers is like a needle in the hay. I dont say VAC will eliminate all cheaters but it will make a significant diffrence unlinke this nonsence about delivering proof via email.