Sign in to follow this  

Best of British Car Pack // GRID Autosport

The ‘Best of British’ car pack features three stunning vehicles; each engineered and produced in the UK and it arrives today on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

We caught up with Lead Handling Designer Gehan Pathiraja to talk about each of the cars:

1995 McLaren F1 GTR

“We all know the McLaren F1 is an awesome road car – this is the GTR designed for Endurance Racing. It’s got a huge wing that will give you massive downforce in the corners, it’s all about being brave and attacking those corners at speeds you never thought possible.”

2011 Aston Martin Zagato V12

“The Zagato model has bodywork styled by Italian designers, but has a typical Aston Martin V12 engine, very powerful, very torquey. If you can manage the weight and the grip and fire it out the corners, you’ll benefit from all that power from the V12.”

2007 McLaren Mercedes SLR 722

“It’s got a huge supercharged V8 engine that sounds like an old World War Two Spitfire. There’s clearly a lot of power being put out from the V8, and you can really feel that in the car in our game.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3K0PbkTLuA

I can't believe the audacity of releasing paid add-on content for Grid AutoSport before deploying a console patch for the game's corrupt save defect. Customers can't even play the game without the major risk of losing all of the progress & unlocks they've accumulated, and instead of fast-tracking a fix, CodeMasters pushes DLC out the door? This is a crooked & dirty way to do business, and CodeMasters' reputation will suffer for it.

The DLC will have been planned way way way in advanced, just waiting for the button to push it out. I highly doubt the release of this DLC has affected the progress of the patching, Codies know their priorities.

The DLC will have been planned way way way in advanced, just waiting for the button to push it out. I highly doubt the release of this DLC has affected the progress of the patching, Codies know their priorities.

Exactly. DLC was planned "way way way in advance," but support for critical functionality like game saves was not? Please tell me more about their priorities.

Operator1 said:

Exactly. DLC was planned "way way way in advance," but support for critical functionality like game saves was not? Please tell me more about their priorities.

Because they can totally foresee an unexpected issue with corrupt save files. Oh wait.

Operator1 said:

Because they can totally foresee an unexpected issue with corrupt save files. Oh wait.

Because they've totally been making numerous racing games on the same platforms for years & should well know by now how to handle something as fundamental as saving & loading game profile data. Oh wait.

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

Because they've totally been making numerous racing games on the same platforms for years & should well know by now how to handle something as fundamental as saving & loading game profile data. Oh wait.

As I said, you cannot foresee unexpected issues. It can happen to anyone.

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

Cannot foresee unexpected issues?

1. It's
not "unexpected" when customers have reported this same problem in prior CodeMasters games.

2. There's no need to "foresee" anything with proper pre-release testing to address issues 
before launch.

3. The proper professional post-launch response for a critical game-breaking defect like this would have been to move heaven & earth to get a corrective patch deployed to
all affected platforms immediately - not waiting to bundle it with other small adjustments & releasing paid DLC in the meantime.

Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

1. It's
not "unexpected" when customers have reported this same problem in prior CodeMasters games.

2. There's no need to "foresee" anything with proper pre-release testing to address issues 
before launch.

3. The proper professional post-launch response for a critical game-breaking defect like this would have been to move heaven & earth to get a corrective patch deployed to
all affected platforms immediately - not waiting to bundle it with other small adjustments & releasing paid DLC in the meantime.

1.I recall Loore saying this issue had nothing to do with the GRID 2 save corruptions. i.e. this was something totally new, and unpredictable. They would of quite fairly expected that they fixed the issue.

2. The corruption has not happened to everyone. Nobody I know personally has had the issue. Somethings you cannot find during testing because you don't have: 1. the time to accidentally cause the corruption, 2. the amount of people. Like I said, nobody I know personally has had the issue, so its totally plausible that it won't of cropped up during testing.

3. They are working at it as fast as they can. PC has received everything asap, and as ever, the patches on consoles take time, due to Sony and Microsoft being pains - so it makes sense to release 1 single mega patch, with all the extras coming along (Playlist changes etc.), rather than faffing about trying to get multiple patches through Sony/Microsoft.

Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

1. It's

before launch.

1.I recall Loore saying this issue had nothing to do with the GRID 2 save corruptions. i.e. this was something totally new, and unpredictable. They would of quite fairly expected that they fixed the issue.

2. The corruption has not happened to everyone. Nobody I know personally has had the issue. Somethings you cannot find during testing because you don't have: 1. the time to accidentally cause the corruption, 2. the amount of people. Like I said, nobody I know personally has had the issue, so its totally plausible that it won't of cropped up during testing.

3. They are working at it as fast as they can. PC has received everything asap, and as ever, the patches on consoles take time, due to Sony and Microsoft being pains - so it makes sense to release 1 single mega patch, with all the extras coming along (Playlist changes etc.), rather than faffing about trying to get multiple patches through Sony/Microsoft.

Who do you think you're helping by defending such speculative & questionable nonsense? Would you actually prefer to have more defective games in the future?

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

1. It's

before launch.

Who do you think you're helping by defending such speculative & questionable nonsense? Would you actually prefer to have more defective games in the future?

I'd prefer people to stop repeating themselves, begging for codies to work faster, 'cause that's totally going to make a difference. They've heard y'all voices once. They're working on it. Shouting louder and louder ain't gonna do anything. They'll finish when they finish.

And a lack of a real response suggests that this ''nonsense'' actually makes sense ;)

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

1. It's

before launch.

I'd prefer people to stop repeating themselves, begging for codies to work faster, 'cause that's totally going to make a difference. They've heard y'all voices once. They're working on it. Shouting louder and louder ain't gonna do anything. They'll finish when they finish.

And a lack of a real response suggests that this ''nonsense'' actually makes sense ;)

"Lack of a real response" because you've stated nothing "real" to respond to - only the defensiveness of blind devotion that hurts the general state of gaming for us all.

Operator1 said:

"Lack of a real response" because you've stated nothing "real" to respond to - only the defensiveness of blind devotion that hurts the general state of gaming for us all.

Nothing real? Perhaps you cannot accept the truth...Especially when you don't even prove me otherwise.

And blind devotion? 

The game runs fine for me, not a single issue. Y'all just ain't patient.

Operator1 said:

Nothing real? Perhaps you cannot accept the truth...Especially when you don't even prove me otherwise.

And blind devotion? 

Prove you otherwise? You can't "prove" any of your delusions, and you have no idea what "the truth" is. You're just blindly defending business practices that hurt gamers. You're part of the problem, not the solution. I'm done biting on your troll bait.

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

And blind devotion? 

Prove you otherwise? You can't "prove" any of your delusions, and you have no idea what "the truth" is. You're just blindly defending business practices that hurt gamers. You're part of the problem, not the solution. I'm done biting on your troll bait.

Hurt gamers? Dude, you dont have to buy the DLC. You ain't missing anything. If it hurts you, you are a fool for failing for that bait.

And troll bait? Right. Okay. If defending a company because I'm not so blind is trolling, I think we all know who is delusional here....

Oopsie. How do I delete comments? D:

Sorry.

As a standard member you aren't able to delete your own comments. Only an administrator can do that.

I cannot download the (3) DLC packages that I purchased on July 23, or repeated downloading today July 24,..Soon?  or Maybe a comment about when we might be able to receive our charged products. Thank You.

THIS IS A JOKE! Codemasters why is it taking so long and why are you not talking to us? I for 1 will not be getting one of your games on the release date anymore

I have contacted their customer service 3different  times and told them about the car pack dlc, and i get no response from them what so ever , so I'm taking it like  piss on me, we got your money so it's my problem. that's not very good business codemasters ,your going to loose a lot of customers that way.

Yea, I have that Turd on my forehead feeling as well. The DLC is not the real problem here, it's the lack of response from Codemasters for 3+ days about their own faulty product purchased by their fans and loyal customers...Not Good.

I received a reply from Codemasters via email to explain further what the problem is and my reply went out 30mins ago..So we wait..