Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When to change difficulty levels

I'm currently on medium for the race and change on difficult for qualifying. I'm running only in cockpit view with no assist and no info display (I totally rely on Jeff). Very pleased so far except for traction control on start. Impossible for me to start without it set on medium (for the first lap).
I think it's very fair to set the difficulty a little bit higher for qualifying.

Isn't qualifying AI harder than the race AI as is without changing it? A lot of people have complained that the practise and quali AI are harder than the race AI. Personally I haven't noticed much difference.

I'm still in expert AI and no assists except medium TC. With a Renault I've upgraded the car almost fully. Took 5 wins in season 1 and finished 3rd in the points. Now in season 2 my car is at the top even with Ferrari and Mercedes on performance and in Australia I finished 3rd. Bahrain to Canada I won six races in a row. Russia win was super easy and Spain I had to really fight to stay ahead. Monaco was terrible until Q3 where I got a good lap and took pole and in the race I just formed a train behind me. Rosberg in P2 pitted 2 laps earlier than me and would've probably overtaken me during my stop but just as I cruised into the pitlane the safety car came out and I took an easy win since AI don't even attempt to overtake in Monaco. Baku I just crashed out in Q1 and on the first lap of the race. Magnussen took pole but finished 3rd. It was raining and I hate the track. Austria I won again quite easily.

I should really change to legend but I'm afraid it's too big of a gap in most circuits (2sec). I wouldn't enjoy fighting for P10-15 in a top car. I actually enjoy winning most races when I need to fight a bit to keep ahead. Wins like Russia and Canada I don't enjoy because it's really boring to be miles ahead for the whole race.

I don't want to keep changing the difficulty between every race I just need a "semi-legend" AI difficulty or something to have the AI be exactly 1sec quicker than expert. That would make me struggle in circuits like Australia and Spain but it would be perfect.

I started with hard (with a Manor) in career mode. Ended too high in the ranking so that not very challenging and realistic. Therefor I  "upgraded" the difficulty level to Expert. For me more challenging and more sweat ;) 
Most of the times in quali and races around P12-15. After an upgrade gain some positions but the competition also move forward with their developement. 

TL77 said:
Isn't qualifying AI harder than the race AI as is without changing it? A lot of people have complained that the practise and quali AI are harder than the race AI. Personally I haven't noticed much difference.

I'm still in expert AI and no assists except medium TC. With a Renault I've upgraded the car almost fully. Took 5 wins in season 1 and finished 3rd in the points. Now in season 2 my car is at the top even with Ferrari and Mercedes on performance and in Australia I finished 3rd. Bahrain to Canada I won six races in a row. Russia win was super easy and Spain I had to really fight to stay ahead. Monaco was terrible until Q3 where I got a good lap and took pole and in the race I just formed a train behind me. Rosberg in P2 pitted 2 laps earlier than me and would've probably overtaken me during my stop but just as I cruised into the pitlane the safety car came out and I took an easy win since AI don't even attempt to overtake in Monaco. Baku I just crashed out in Q1 and on the first lap of the race. Magnussen took pole but finished 3rd. It was raining and I hate the track. Austria I won again quite easily.

I should really change to legend but I'm afraid it's too big of a gap in most circuits (2sec). I wouldn't enjoy fighting for P10-15 in a top car. I actually enjoy winning most races when I need to fight a bit to keep ahead. Wins like Russia and Canada I don't enjoy because it's really boring to be miles ahead for the whole race.

I don't want to keep changing the difficulty between every race I just need a "semi-legend" AI difficulty or something to have the AI be exactly 1sec quicker than expert. That would make me struggle in circuits like Australia and Spain but it would be perfect.
Play without TC......                        

I might have to try that but last time I did I couldn't enjoy it one bit but then again that was when I had just got the game and wasn't used to the handling at all.