Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PS4 BUG] R&D bug (only 25 upgrades!)

Hello, 

There is a massive bug in the career mode. I think its on all platforms. 

When you have bought every 25 upgrades the list does not reset. So after 25 upgrades you cant use the R&D anymore. 

Since you can have all the upgrades in like 3 seasons. The rest of the 7 seasons als useless cause you can't use the R&D anymore. 

The R&D only works for 3 seasons of the 10. So it only works in 33% of your career mode if you stay with the same team. 

Im sure Codemasters does not want it to be like this, so I think we can talk about a bug here. 

R&D should be an endless thing, like in reallife. 

Its easy to advertise with a massive 10 year career mode. If you only can use the full game for 3. seasons. 

I and a lot of other players expect this to be changed/fixed. I dont want to sound demanding, but this is really like unacceptable. Gamebreaking for a 10 year career mode what should have been the best feature. 

I also want to say that I really love the game, its the best, the R&D system is great fun but it has the be a 10 season thing... an endless procedure. 

I hope we can get some answers from codemasters, and an explanation. I am not the only one who thinks this should be fixed. 

Hello,
during the load time of the game i red that if you race with same team the R&D will be the same
that had in past season if you change team all upgrade on the car start from zero.
take a look when you load a game or beetween practise ect.

@Runalf   I think codemasters want to be like this, like there is no point of upgrading the car for 4 seasons. I think its time to change team and look for new challenges. Good luck!

Well until anyone actually gets all 25 upgrades and there is actual proof that there aren't more upgrades then I wouldn't make assumptions!

JBRacer77 said:
Well until anyone actually gets all 25 upgrades and there is actual proof that there aren't more upgrades then I wouldn't make assumptions!
Where are you talking about? Some people got the car upgraded to the max... 

Nothing stop you from switching onto another contract once your lower tier car is fully upgraded. You have to make your way to the top which means getting known as a driver so the idea behind it is to start with a slower car like a manor for example, then move onto an honda then a mclaren... just like a normal skilled driver would do in real life.

jayp666 said:
Nothing stop you from switching onto another contract once your lower tier car is fully upgraded. You have to make your way to the top which means getting known as a driver so the idea behind it is to start with a slower car like a manor for example, then move onto an honda then a mclaren... just like a normal skilled driver would do in real life.

You dont get it, im not only talking for the driver but also for the team. If i get manor fully upgraded and I switch teams. Manor is not going to R&D anymore. 

Or do you think that in real life they only do R&D for like 3 seasons and then they will do nothing for the rest of the 7 seasons? 

R&D should be for 10 seasons and I really dont get it why you like it if its just for 3 seasons.... 

jayp666 said:

Yes, because this is the way real F1 works, right...

People shouldn't be forced to change teams just to re-enable upgrades. I started with Manor and want to make them the best car in the game, but I can't since the upgrades will limit this, it won't be possible.

@Ho3n3r Yep, and since you can't and CM confirmed they don't plan to fix it you'll have to deal with it no matter what, and this is where my suggestion become relevant. Don't let a design choice screw your whole F1 2016 experience and become frustrated while you can apprehend the problem differently and still enjoy the game... my suggestion is not an ultimate solution, but rather a hint as to which direction you should take in order to enjoy the game. It's not like if it was a huge game breaker and since sadly we can't do nothing about it, it's better to see the irrefutable strengths the game have.

@Runalf I'm all for improvements, but when someone is being told directly by a dev it's a design choice not planned to be fixed, and he refuse to listen, open multiple threads for the same issue, deliberately lie about it saying it's a bug when he's being told the opposite, it becomes a little too much obsessive and on the verge of being harassing. Anybody with common sense know spaming the technical assistance subforum of their favorite game goes against optimized database where the devs can hunt bugs efficiently. If you want your game to be patched, respect the developers in the first place. Writing the same shit over again with the word BUG in bold, italian, capital letters to make your thread worthy of a second, same read doesn't help.

jayp666 said:
@Ho3n3r Yep, and since you can't and CM confirmed they don't plan to fix it you'll have to deal with it no matter what, and this is where my suggestion become relevant. Don't let a design choice screw your whole F1 2016 experience and become frustrated while you can apprehend the problem differently and still enjoy the game... my suggestion is not an ultimate solution, but rather a hint as to which direction you should take to enjoy the game. Free to you to stay in the hate train or enjoy what you have. And it's not like if it was a huge game breaker either like you make it sounds. A game will always stay a game no matter what, with it's flaws and great moments.

@Runalf I'm all for improvements, but when someone is being told directly by a dev it's a design choice not planned to be fixed, and he refuse to listen, open multiple threads to be heard, deliberately lie about it saying it's a bug when he's been told the opposite, he becomes a little too much obsessive and on the verge of being harassing.
I just want a reaction... they only react to little things like a T-cam or a helmet which is too big or too small. 

The R&D is a bigger issue imo. 

jayp666 said:
@Ho3n3r Yep, and since you can't and CM confirmed they don't plan to fix it you'll have to deal with it no matter what, and this is where my suggestion become relevant. Don't let a design choice screw your whole F1 2016 experience and become frustrated while you can apprehend the problem differently and still enjoy the game... my suggestion is not an ultimate solution, but rather a hint as to which direction you should take in order to enjoy the game. It's not like if it was a huge game breaker and since sadly we can't do nothing about it, it's better to see the irrefutable strengths the game have.

@Runalf I'm all for improvements, but when someone is being told directly by a dev it's a design choice not planned to be fixed, and he refuse to listen, open multiple threads for the same issue, deliberately lie about it saying it's a bug when he's being told the opposite, it becomes a little too much obsessive and on the verge of being harassing. Anybody with common sense know spaming the technical assistance subforum of their favorite game goes against optimized database where the devs can hunt bugs efficiently. If you want your game to be patched, respect the developers in the first place. Writing the same **** over again with the word BUG in bold, italian, capital letters to make your thread worthy of a second, same read doesn't help.
Or we can mention it a lot on here, and just maybe they feel forced to think of a better way to do it.

If we say nothing about it - well, we know what the result is gonna be then anyway.

We don't all need to be sheep and toe the line.

If you want a reaction, ask the devs using @their_name posting under your already opened thread. No need to open a new one.

@Ho3n3r they're aware of the issue. Wether or not they will adress it doesn't depends on how badly we want it, but rather if such a fundamental change in career progression, ui redesign, programming fits with the limited time allocated to supporting the game post release, the small devteam dedicated to it and the budget... all things out of our control. I'm not saying don't try harder, like I said I'm all for improvements but in the end, I think they are well placed to know what their priorities are, I mean look at the game they've done. Those guys are probably more passionnate by F1 than we are. They know what decision they have to take. And usually devs don't confirm something officially before they're sure about it... they ask the whole team first. I'm just saying If they said they don't plan to make any major change to it, don't have your hopes up too much. 

jayp666 said:
@Ho3n3r they're aware of the issue. Wether or not they will adress it doesn't depends on how badly we want it, but rather if such a fundamental change in career progression, ui redesign, programming fits with the limited time allocated to supporting the game post release, the small devteam dedicated to it and the budget... all things out of our control. I'm not saying don't try again though, like I said I'm all for improvements but in the end, I think they are well placed to know what their priorities are, and usually devs don't confirm something officially before they're sure about it. They ask the whole team first. I'm just saying If they said they don't plan to make any major change to it, don't have your hopes up too much.
We know they're aware of the issue, LOL. Which is not the reason for mentioning it a lot - that reason would be for them to realise how big an issue it really is. It kills off a lot of the immersion in career mode.

@Ho3n3r and you think they're stupid enough to not realise it and constantly reminding them will give you what you want? Good to see how much you trust them, LOL. You do realise your argument doesn't refute what I've said... it's as if you didn't even read it.

jayp666 said:
@Ho3n3r and you think they're stupid enough to not realise it and constantly reminding them will give you what you want? Good to see how much you trust them, LOL. You do realise your argument doesn't refute what I've said... it's as if you didn't even read it.
Dude. We just want a reaction why they did it like this. Its really not how it is supposed to be so we just want to know why.... 

We just want an answer. I try to help as many ppl on this forum as I can. Would be fair if I could get an answer also. 

Runalf said:
jayp666 said:
Dude. We just want a reaction why they did it like this. Its really not how it is supposed to be so we just want to know why.... 

We just want an answer. I try to help as many ppl on this forum as I can. Would be fair if I could get an answer also. 

It's all fine, I have no problem with that. :smiley:

I dont understand whats so exciting about doing 10 seasons with 2016 cars only...... wow so realistic lol
You dont understand why we cant play with 2026 cars?  We dont even know how the 2017 cars are going to look lol. 

Runalf said:
I dont understand whats so exciting about doing 10 seasons with 2016 cars only...... wow so realistic lol
You dont understand why we cant play with 2026 cars?  We dont even know how the 2017 cars are going to look lol. 
I dont understand how people find the concept of having a 10 year "Career" in the exact same seasons cars exciting. Do a one year career and upgrade the car through out the season, see where you end up and be done with it. Start again with another team if you must.. it's a simulation of the 2016 FIA World Championship. Nothing else...

If codies want to offer a proper multi year career then include the previous year's cars with each new release. Or just relese the new seasons cars / track combinations each year as full price payware. There's an idea!

Has anyone actually seen when all the AI teams upgrade their cars it returns to the original 2016 order? I know people have said it will happen but has it actually happened for anyone? 

I have to agree  r and d should be for the 10 seasons .more importantly fix the update from Monday, we had an almost perfect game from the brilliant people of codemasters. I was told monkeys broke into codemasters and pushed the big red update button on Monday and Monday's monkeys are still being chased but it could take 2 weeks to catch those monkeys and then ask them how to undo the update  lol