Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

I'm Paul from HCS - We've had so many emails about bringing some stuff over for use with F1 and other racing games - I'm a huge fan of  Codemasters frankly so I'm going to start here, and right now, we're looking at how we can bring in some really nice ways of being able to have voice responses and actions triggered by events, or, your orders to the pit.  We've done a really nice job with other sims and we're taking a look at what we might be able to bring to this :).   

I'm looking at many ways of  making the voice responses really useful in real time for what we can.   

Would be nice to have some data comparison with teammate in career mode

http://en.f1i.com/magazine/73067-f1-telemetry-data-race.html

Why don't they first fix 2015 2016 and then maybe at the end of 2017 come with a new 2017 series.
I for one have 558 hours into 2016 and still its buggy lobby's random crashes safetycar issues fps drops, almost crashes in the middle of a game.
Car's with TC hitting me, i fly off the track like an idiot, they keep on driving like nothing happend.
Make dedicated server possible. So i can have my own server and can kick idiots off the server!
The standard microphone on in game, TURN IT OFF COMPLETLY.
Now i have to mute every noisy sob that come's in the lobby..
The pitlane, there is nothing happening there, everytime the same, let  us drive ourselfs into the pitbox and setup the car outside the box, change of tyre i need to go in the box?? For what!
I like racing games but this one isnt realy as good they sayd before thx to AARAVA on his advise i bought this crap.

My ideas for F1 2017 and beyond:
• Braking point ‘line’: just an extra option for the racing line which indicates the braking point, not where you have to lift off or a direction. This is just an extra step for players learning to go without the racing line and there’s not really a reason to not have it as an option.
• Social media: A lot of sports games are doing this and from my experience it’s a nice touch for the immersion as a star driver.
• Interviews like in F1 201 but maybe more sporadically. The questions should also have more variety and there should be follow-up questions depending on your answer.
• Red flag
• The option to change your helmet design
• Picture mode/free camera in the replays
• Rubber building up on the track over the course of the weekend.
• Statistics
• A rating system
• Rivalry system overhaul
The last three things need a lot of explanation, so I made a separate thread on those.
That first point, exactly why I use the racing line; I just cannot learn the braking points of every corner.

Uhm... What about making it possible to play a multiple season career as real drivers? I mean real-life multiple seasons not just the same season over and over again with the same drivers and teams.  And this made-up driver we can play as is ruining it too. I mean it's okay in need for speed and such games but I always loved to play F1 challenge because I could race as my favourite drivers. I know it wasn't a proper career mode but why not making it possible to live the career of real-life driver legends. This is something that would really make it feel like a real career. I've always missed it from codemasters' F1 games. Repeating the same season multiple times as an imaginary driver doesn't feel like career mode. At least in f1 2015 they tried something like it and I think it was a really good first step but in F1 2016 we made a step back again. What do you think about it?

First sorry for my Bad english. I think F1 2016 is very good ! For the edition of 2017 my ideas are: • a carreer unlimited, not "only" 10 years. • possibility to begin the carreer in GP2 and GP3 before the F1 • a special mode for drive with old F1. F1 from 50s to today. Drive the F1 of Fangio, Lauda, Regazzoni, Senna, ... And maybe make a carreer in this old time for write again the history

F1 2010 game was my favorite. I want there to be another game like it. I miss "Rob my race engineer" he was always so happy, not an emotionless Jeff. I miss David Croft's interviews, even though some of the answers were cheesy. I also want the choice between season length. The realism of only a lower team choice back when you start out as a rookie. There are also accidents between me and other drivers and none of the camera angles can get what I want to see. We need a helicopter mode replay as well as longer replays. There also needs to be more time after a crash so you can see what happens afterwards. Another good suggestion is to costom build your own track, I think that would be a lot of fun. Adding to the track designing mode, I would like to race on the tracks I built with other drivers. R&D in 2016 seemed to be a bit fast, so I think you should slow it down by adding more time between receiving upgrades, as well as maki9n gthem more expensive. Thanks for a great 2016 game!

First off CM Good job on the last installment of  F1. I unfortunately missed out on 2015 and sadly 2013 but will double back and purchase them as I collect all CM titles. Before I rant about what I feel is needed let me say THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO MAKE MY DRIVER OTHER NATIONALITIES! Hahaha A petty request I know but in 2015 I asked and CM delivered! NOW, My suggestions for CM and next generation F1 installments remains the same. GIVE US MORE! More cars and tracks throughout F1 history.  I want to be able to drive every F1 machine in history and against every driver in history (licensing issues maybe?) Alongside this, I would love to be able to start my own team, hire drivers and engineers, build a headquarters and compete with other teams throughout history building a brand and evolving technology season for season like in real life. Custom liveries the whole 9 yards! I agree with those who suggest taking notes from the 2k franchises and their career modes. Bring back the immersive elements of say F1 2012? I do miss actually FEELING like I was an F1 driver.  But for me most importantly (besides improving driving physics of coarse) MORE F1 historical content and cars! I want to battle Senna! I want to battle Niki and Hunt! Fangio etc! What if in career mode you could choose what year your team is founded and start building your organization from that point in history?!!! Battling the real drivers and teams on the real tracks of the time? Throughout history up to the 2017 season?!! You guys already have the controls and mechanics worked out for seasons 2010 to the present so controlling certain features like kers is already taken care of! 

Also it's time to add more random models and animations to the teams like the mechanics etc. Just model everyone that works at CM and stick them on random teams.. hahaha

Off topic but I am hoping one day you guys make the jump to VR! 

Backstage fight mode introduced please, want to beat Vettel up with Mad Max.

I've decided to make an f1 shopping list... I wanted to put my wants in an easier to find and read list. Sorry for the earlier disorganization.
  • New way of collisions, I feel the other drivers get out of being stuck together easier.
  • Co-op career, I want to have a split screen mode to play with.
  • Track Creation mode, where you can create your own tracks that can span up to 10km long (6.2mi). Track turns can be constructed of basic 90 degree left/right, hairpins, but can be changed by the degree to make it longer or shorter. Chicanes, tunnels, bridges, and the option to race on the created track and save it would also be nice.
  • Make simulation damage more realistic.
  • (even though I won't use this one) make AI more difficult
  • Redesign R&D to have "sub" sections. e.g. Engine can have an acceleration, top speed, wear reduction upgrades.
  • R&D takes longer to develop
  • Pre-season testing
  • driver injuries
  • Multiple saves for custom season
  • Quick race mode, you can customize which car perform and how good they perform
  • more time of day options
  • helicopter mode where you can fly around in an instant replay and see crashes or overtakes from a different angle
  • longer instant replay
  • option to limited amount of flashbacks, adds to number of resource points earned or career score.
  • options for mechanical failures
  • KERS
  • R&D for KERS and DRS as well as setups (to give more extreme options)
  • Track debris options that can harm a players tyres
  • Track evolution, through the weekend and each season
  • More weather options. Thunderstorms, light fog, heavy fog, precipitation can happen with fogs. More detailed precipitation option like hail, sleet, lightning.
  • Ability to walk around hospitality areas, paddock, garage, the trailor, maybe a hotel room.
  • Longer instant replay time after crash, I want to see what happped to other drivers after I crashed...
  • Red flags
  • Media interviews

What is up with celebrations? Tbh I don't get why they're so important, they're ten seconds at the end of each race...

Something that I would like to see is very small, but it can make the tracks so much more realistic. Full run off areas on the tracks is something I would like to see. i.e. Huge run off at the Chicane after the tullel, and the run off at T3 at Canada. These sections are just blocked off. Yes, I would like to see other stuff too, but it has already been mentioned in this thread.

I have a couple of idea for F1 2017. 1).is when you play in the cockpit  screen and you have no hud on when a virtual safety car or normal safety car comes the steering wheel doesn't tell you your delta,so if your going too fast you don't know and you get disqualified. Your engineer does tells you but very rarely. I actually had a race with no hud and a safety car came out and I went over my delta once and my engineer told me so I slowed down but I didn't know how much to slow down. Eventually I got disqualified for speeding under the safety car 7 times and my engineer told my once and he didn't even tell me I got multiple drive thoughts. So a steering wheel that tells you your delta under safety car conditions would be nice.
2).Keeping with steering wheel display it'll be very nice if your steering wheel told you when theres a safety car or virtual safety car. With the yellow letters SC or VSC in the top corner like how it say pit when you need to pit. But it says VSC or SC and it tells you your delta. 
3).Next is you should add more types of mechanical failures. Right know theres just engine failure. You could add Suspension failure (like Jenson at Abu Dhabi :'(  .)  or have an ERS failure (I think thats a thing)or a DRS Failure (I think thats also a thing) there are so many possibilities of race ending failures. And if it happens to you and your race ends it should tell what went wrong. Which brings me to my next point. 
4).You should be able in the options somewhere to turn mechanical failures on for just the Ai or the Ai and you. Because I've notice I've never had a race ending mechanical failure. And I know you have this because of people would get mad because they were leading with one lap left and there engine blows. I understand that but there are lot of people like me who would like to have failures to happen to us. It'll make the game feel more realistic and maybe have an section in R&D were you can improve reliability. So with low reliability it will give a edge of your seat feel as you race and hope something doesn't go wrong with your car.

5). Also make it possible to get a puncture if someone hits you in the rear. 
6). Last is safety car start might be interesting. 

F1 2016 is good.But...

1.Red Flag
2.All 22 cars AI mode (TV mode)
3.Grid edit mode
4.Color paint mode (for martini stripe)
5.My helmet's sponsor
6.Select SC & VSC number of times limited(None,1 time,2 times & 0 lap, 1 lap, 10 laps etc...)

I have found someting that i personally would really like. eveybody know fifa and ultimate team. Well i though if you tried to make that that would be great. You make standart 1v1 battles online and vs the ai. Wherefor you can earn money where with you can open packs were mecanics engeneers are in or you can buy them on the transfer market. And so on i think that that would make the game more approceble for the rest of the people that are not playing f1 atm. And you make more profit on the coins people buy codemasters

W35531 said:
I have found someting that i personally would really like. eveybody know fifa and ultimate team. Well i though if you tried to make that that would be great. You make standart 1v1 battles online and vs the ai. Wherefor you can earn money where with you can open packs were mecanics engeneers are in or you can buy them on the transfer market. And so on i think that that would make the game more approceble for the rest of the people that are not playing f1 atm. And you make more profit on the coins people buy codemasters
Yep, I was just thinking the exact same thing.

This game needs(!) microtransactions. After failing to fix another major bug in yet another game, Codemasters do not only deserve but need more money. And I want to throw it at them for a silly system invented by the Gods of money grabbing themselves - EA.
While we're at it. Let's add helmet design DLC's. 10 quid for 10 unique helmet designs. And maybe a beard DLC. So we get more design options for our avatars. Oh, and maybe a horse armour DLC. The prancing horse of Ferrari always looked a bit dull.

I have two main ideas for F1 games in the future, they kind of hang on the FIA letting codemasters do this though, the ideas are a new manager mode in F1 like the game Motorsports manager, but with licensed cars and teams, and being able to enter F1 from go karting then to gp2. 

The manager mode would be like Motorsport manager but instead you are managing real F1 teams and bringing them to the top. So there would be car and engine development, sponsorship and more. This I know would be hard with the current state of the FIA but I know they are improving. 

The second main idea I have is being able to start of in go karting like in Project cars, then then move up to gp2 through to formula 1. This I think would be easier than the first idea because you would just have to get the gp2 licence and then create a go karting league. 

Finally I think the 10 season thing is a bit too in your face, in the trophy menu when you are in a season thats when it should have that season e.g I'm in the second season so only the first and second season outcomes will appear not all of them being displayed. Because this is constantly reminding you how long you have left and its kind of always in the back of  your mind. I think the minimum age to enter formula 1 in the game should be 21 and then you should be able to play 10-12 seasons. when you get to 10 seasons you have the option to retire or continue for 2 more seasons so in total 12 seasons.

And I want to throw it at them for a silly system invented by the Gods of money grabbing themselves - EA.

No more. 'The Coalition" are the absolute worst. You should see some of the things they've been pulling on Gears 4.

I love that locked up Avatar. Screams 'Naughty Boy'.

I just want the little details that everybody else mentionted. But one major thing is that AI is just recklessly driving on it's lane and will anything to defend it's position. Even if you got better tires a better lap time and the faster car. Everytime I race with my friends that break uncalculated or hit you on purpose. Just make them not so aggresive when you enter a corner I mean like that cut the corner even if you're already through or hit you because you stay inside and they outside and cut inside to get to the Pit.

- Team orders should be more relevant : it's obvious rain is not likely to come in Barhein or Yas Marina !
- Instead of giving informations about drivers you don't care, knowing what drivers around do, also rivals at championship (penalties, pitstops, etc)
- More realistic racing lines on wet.

Don't know whether it's been mentioned already or not but I'd like a way to join an online lobby as a spectator, i.e not choosing a car and just switch between drivers. Could be cool for league races to have a live audience w/o someone having to stream the race on twitch. 

You know what would be really cool. If they make a option so you can change and customise your own car livery.

W35531 said:
You know what would be really cool. If they make a option so you can change and customise your own car livery.
You are no thinking about the FOM there mate...

Formation lap should be fully manual, pitstops and pitlane should be fully manual and the transisition from the end of the formation lap to red lights at the race start  needs to be seamless, the current black screen and then race start breaks the illusion, the engineer tells you the grid is forming and to watch for the lights but you don't need to because the game is going to do a black screen before the lights come on. 

I would like to have an option to start from the pit lane if you have parc ferme on and you want to change your setup. This is because with the new wet handling in 2016, if you don't have a wet setup on by accident the car handles horribly.