Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

What I have always wanted more than anything in career mode, even though I know it'll probably be impossible to pass by the FIAs silly regulations is the ability to create your own f1 team. 
Build the car from the ground up, from the engine and chassis to the body work and paint job. 
Then earn sponsors and investors who pay different amounts of money depending on different results and conditions. Spend the money on r&d then and take your team from being backmarkers to taking the constructors championship. 
I remember doing this at a very very basic level in an old Moto GP game on the ps2 and it was so enjoyable being able to even just create liveries. This function alone has been absent from games for so long.. last one I remember clearly was need for speed Pro Street back in what 2007? I don't think I'm alone in wanting this. 

Also the other pipe dream is the inclusion of the lower leagues like gp2 for you to work your way through. Gp2 seasons even on their own would be very interesting. And as somebody already said, they use only f1 tracks on f1 weekends so it wouldn't be that much of a strain on resources. 

I hope codemasters keep the licence for a long time though because it is going in the right direction slowly but surely. 

And why not go for ability to add mods on console. Bethesda can do it, so why not give it a go. 
I'm sure we'd all like some 2017 liveries for when the new season starts, be nice to be able to put on mods for it 

And obviously helmet designs are desperately needed. It just doesn't look right if there are no sponsors.. 

What should be put into the game when retiring is 
1) Not directly dramatic screen, let us see the rest of the crash
2) when there's some kind of failure, let us drive to the pit and retire
3) when you're a few laps down bc of a crash or something and you can't be bothered to drive the race anymore, say it on the team radio and retire the car in the pits

other changes I'd like are already mentioned ;)

- Proper battery/ERS management: You know, this way the flashing light at the back of the cars would *actually* mean something. It could also lead to interesting strategic battles.

- Problem management/mechanical failures for the player: Now what the hell does that mean? It ties in with reliability issues. For example there should be the option to turn on mechanical failures, accompanied by them could problems arise like a failing battery. And then having the option to nurse the car home or retire. The same with brakes. If you're too harsh on them there should be the possibility of them failing.
Also, terminal mechanical failures. 'Cos, you know, there are part of the sport. However, they should be an option. Like the safety car.

- Red flag: Or lapped cars unlapping themselves under safety car conditions. This is still missing and is one of the major benefits of a safety car period.

- Limited engines per season in career mode: Tying in with reliability, there should be limited engines, and penalties for using more than what is allowed. Also, reliability upgrades in R&D so engines failure can be avoided almost entirely.

- Tone down the godforsaken slipstream effect: That way qualifying and track position means a damn thing. Also, cars should be more affected by dirty air.

- Momentary debris should be able to cause a puncture: On the highest damage setting there should be at least the possibility of debris causing you a puncture *if* you drive over it.

- AI adjustments: As of now, the AI does follow you in the slipstream, but it's far from perfect and they can ram you off the track by miscalculating. Also, they should be able to defend using the inside line, like in the beta, which was removed, for some reason.

Less rain: I did two complete season in the career mode. Only one had 2(!) completely dry weekends. This is excessive and not exactly realistic. And why oh why does it constantly rain in Singapore? Has any of you seen a wet session there in the past few years? No? Yeah, me neither.

Right, that being said, I reckon we'll never see any of those ideas above implemented, so how about something more realistic, OK?

-Slight HUD adjustment:

"Next Tyres" should us also tell us the wear on the set of the tyres being fitted onto the car. This way we can avoid putting on badly worn tyres.

JoeyJoe said:
And why not go for ability to add mods on console. 
Because FOM made CM actively lock down the F1 game database to prevent against modding a couple of years ago, even on PC.

Hey guys
I agréé with with éveryone.  I think thé game should improve on a few things
1-better contact models
2- pré season testing
3- r&d should have more individual part dévelopment and be more difficult to improve. 
4- optional kart, gp2 e gp3 start
5- in game driver transfers and retirement.  We see that à lot in football games 
6- maybe build à team from scratch, getting sponsors, teammate, mechanics, other staff 
7- à lot of work on Al (drivin style, stoppING for 20 sec after an accident uncapable of going around thé incident, taking too long to overtake a slower car,   giving up position very easily to you in the corners ). I play on pc btw.
8- optional mechanichal problèms for us and bigger variety of problèms
9- better car damage simulation 
10- team orders 
11- interviews that affect relations within the team and other drivers (teams)
12- safety car improvment(gets out very easily)
13- online ranking like grand turismo sport Will have to provide more compétitive races. fix lag issues
14- coop races and caréer mode 

Lots of great suggestions to add to the game here. But let's honest we've been waiting since 2010 for pretty much all these things...the saga continues.

All I want in F1 2017;

-Press conferences so we can say dumb stuff and "entertain" our fans. Lol.
-Full (or at least expanded) character customization (hair, skin, height and weight, etc)
-Car livery personalization
-FOR R&D PURCHASES, JUST PURCHASES TO RESET EVERY SEASON AND KEEP OUR PROGRESS
-Sliders for driver speed/consistency/aggression
-Teams change drivers every two seasons (so for example, Grossjean might be on Hass for S1 and 2, but then in S3 he gets contracted to Williams)
-This one might be a bit of a stretch - the ability to create your own team

And that's basically my $0.02.

May as well add to this topic. I've posted them before but oh well:
R&D
Good start in 2016 but the 25 upgrade limit holds the game back big time. Currently, it feels like there's no point bringing Renault or Mclaren to the front since you'll inevitably drop back again when the other teams max out upgrades. The obvious solution is 25 new upgrades each season. We'll never get them all in one season which would force us to decide what we feel we need to upgrade first. More power? Get 5 engine upgrades. Some power and downforce? Get 3 downforce upgrades and 2 engine upgrades perhaps. The finishing order at the end of the season then carries over to season 2 and each team gets new upgrades to buy. This will make sure we don't get the same order in the end. However, we can't have cars going 10 seconds quicker in season 8 than in season 1 so they would have to lessen the effects of upgrades somewhat. That or "nerf" each car the same amount at the end of the season so they're only a few tenths faster than season 1 but in the same order they finished the first season.

Another solution instead of just refreshing upgrades would be to add more categories (brakes, reliability, suspension etc.) and have more in each category (say 10 in each) 8 categories with 10 upgrades in each would mean 80 across the whole career which should be more than enough to carry us across ten seasons.
Winter testing could be brought in as well. Maybe have winter testing as a "free" upgrade period where you can select parts of the car to upgrade without using up any of in-season upgrades. That way we can have a little more variation in the teams between seasons.

That would be my main focus personally but other ideas for the game could be:
- Multiple career saves. I've resorted to having multiple xbox profiles to have a different career playthrough without deleting my other one.
- More avatars! Females as well as more variation in the current ones. There's not even an asian avatar. Certainly put a stop to my Kobayashi "what if" career mode! Currently there's only about 3 that don't look like potatoes.
- Grid edit in quick race mode.
- Slower formation lap that transitions better to the race start. (Watch before a race and the drivers are very slow at the final corner and approaching the grid. In the game they just sprint to their slot which is a bit unrealistic). Picky, I know.

Lastly and I saw someone mention this already but a multi-season/R&D focused championship mode would be nice. I'd love to be able to play three or four seasons as Alonso and bring the Mclaren to the front without using a custom avatar.

Better more realistic physic , Better feeling of tire wear , engine wear,  better road feel via FF , vibration feeling via FF wheel from tires, engine and gear changes , ability to feel real bumps in the track, ability to feel elevation  changes.... helmet cam and accumulates , dirt, debris.. more response car in regards to engine power.....  

Bonjour a tous . Pour f1 2017 je pense qu'il faudrait avoir la possibilité de transférer les pilotes existant d'une écurie à une autre comme cela se fait dans fifa 2016 car au bout de 3 saisons dans f1 2016 je m'ennuie de voir toujours les même pilote dans les même écurie ! Le jeux de football fifa le fait bien lors de la période des transfert alors pourquoi pas f1 ?

vous trouvez normal que au bout de 4 saisons . Mercedes deviennent la 3 ème écurie du plateau et que Lewis Hamilton reste chez Mercedes ? Ce n'est pas réaliste ! Si au bout de 3 saisons Williams devient numeros 1 il et normal de pouvoir mettre un pilote du talent de Lewis Hamilton chez Williams .

Canabiche said:
Bonjour a tous . Pour f1 2017 je pense qu'il faudrait avoir la possibilité de transférer les pilotes existant d'une écurie à une autre comme cela se fait dans fifa 2016 car au bout de 3 saisons dans f1 2016 je m'ennuie de voir toujours les même pilote dans les même écurie ! Le jeux de football fifa le fait bien lors de la période des transfert alors pourquoi pas f1 ?
Translation:
Hello everyone. For F1 2017 I think it would be necessary to have the possibility to transfer the existing fro one stable to another as is done in Fifa 16 because after 3 seasons in F1 2016 I miss to see always the same driver in the same stable! The Fifa Football game does well during the transfer period so why not F1?
Canabiche said:
vous trouvez normal que au bout de 4 saisons . Mercedes deviennent la 3 ème écurie du plateau et que Lewis Hamilton reste chez Mercedes ? Ce n'est pas réaliste ! Si au bout de 3 saisons Williams devient numeros 1 il et normal de pouvoir mettre un pilote du talent de Lewis Hamilton chez Williams .
You find it normal after 4 seasons. Mercedes become 3rd stable of the set and that Lewis Hamilton stays at Mercedes? This is not realistic! If after 3 seasons Williams becomes number 1 it and normal to be able to put a pilot of the talent of Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes.

Answer/Répondre:
English:
They cannot do transfers due to FOM restrictions. The FOM, sponsors, and teams do not want their drivers switching teams, and this makes it so Codemasters can't implement it.
French:
Ils ne peuvent pas affectuer do transterts en raison de restrictions FOM. La FOM, les sponsors et les équi ne veulent pas que leurs pilotes changent d'équipe, ce qui fait que Codemasters ne peut pas I'implémenter.

Ok , merci pour la réponse . Essayez de négocier avec la fom dans ce cas . Vous leur expliquer que les transfert ne se feront pas en online mais seulement en partie seule . C'est dommage que la fom réagisse comme cela car ce n'est qun jeux vidéo . Pourquoi n'y a til pas le même problème pour fifa football?

Alors pour les autres amélioration il faudrait que l'on puisse faire des essais d'avant saisons pour trouver une écurie . Je trouve que ce n'est pas réaliste d'avoir accès à toute les équipe des la première saisons . Essayer aussi de changer les podium car ils sont toujours pareil . Sinon le jeux et parfait c'est du bon travail .

My favorite wish for F1 2017 would be the official HUD as already discussed several months ago, including Some amazing pictures. Official HUD adds more realism to the game. However, it might be implemented as an optional feature as Some players consider it too large for the screen size. I hope codemasters take this official HUD into account for their next F1 game.

Canabiche said:
Alors pour les autres amélioration il faudrait que l'on puisse faire des essais d'avant saisons pour trouver une écurie . Je trouve que ce n'est pas réaliste d'avoir accès à toute les équipe des la première saisons . Essayer aussi de changer les podium car ils sont toujours pareil . Sinon le jeux et parfait c'est du bon travail 

tbh, the way it is now satisfies everyone. Besides, irl, not every driver starts with a bottom team. Look at Stroll for example. 

****@lozzy, someone needs to fix this website. Why am I not able to get out of the grey quote box to write my response?

One thing that popped up and is crucial to be included in the next game is a free choice of tyres coming to an race weekend. Three different options create an "okay" base but for a more fanatic player it's just enough. Another part attached to this is online races (or quick races) when you have even less options if your race weekend starts with qualifying. At that point the game has chosen to remove two sets of each compounds (if I'm correct?) and it makes tyre strategies much harder. I can't understand why they didn't notice that while making F1 2016.

Example: China is a very harsh track on tyres so you won't be so happy to start on the softest compound (supersofts). What options does the game give you? 0-1 sets of medium tyres to use in qualifying and 2-3 sets of supersofts. Aah, that great feeling when you have messed up your first quali lap on those tyres and you just have to keep on going because there isn't another set to use. And even if you nail your only qualifying lap, you'll have 3-4 sets of brand-new supersoft tyres available and 0-2 sets of mediums and hards. 

Background infrastructure so xbox one users can finally have a custom lobby browser

Race starts from the pitlane

Enhanced career mode with interviews throughout the season ability to change helmets teams at the end etc.

Make small amounts of DLC for £3 or £5 for something like helmets skins packs from the past or pre made custom ones we can choose for our career driver.

Red flags for extreme weather mid race or deployment of the safety car because of the conditions

Enhanced weather properties on the track for example streams of water across the track. Puddles where you can see rain drops landing on them instead of a track in wet conditions that looks like it's been painted over by photoshop. 

Damage model to be improved with visible rear wing damage while still being able to continue in the race

Engine problems such as loss of MGU-H which means you lose about 180bhp from your car

Anybody else but Jeff nobody likes Jeff ;)    

Here are some ideas from me. Sorry for my english, i'm swiss haha

career:
- pre season testing
- something like live the life. Interviews,  walking around the paddock, press conferences and things like that.
- more helmet designs.. maybe with some team sponsors and your personal number
- have the possibility to change your helmet for special events
- make your own face like in FIFA or NBA 2K17
- better R&D ( more updates and after every season there will be other updates, so the order after season 10 won't be the same as at the beginning of your career )
- a longer career. there are drivers on the grid that are driving more for than 15 years now. Maybe a 20 year career mode. Maybe with GP2 and Formula 3
- if it would be possible,  a career where you start in 2009 and you go on until 2025 or something like that, with all official cars, drivers and tracks. Maybe something for F1 2018 or 2019..
- create your own team career, where you can drive your own car as a driver. You build up your own team, with a team manager and a second driver, you can choose the livery of your car and some sponsors, you can choose how the parts of your car has to look like, the nose and the frontwing for example. you can choose your engine supplier and stuff like that. Maybe a dumb idea, but i really would love to drive my own car :D it's something like BrawnGP or Brabham with Jack Brabham as the driver
- Team change drivers or promote GP2 or Formula 3 drivers. So drivers can also retire 

Gameplay: 
- better AI. I would like to see them more agressive. In F1 2016, they all drive in one line like a train.
- better damage model. I know it has something to do with FOM, but a more realistic damage model would be so nice. Maybe even if you drive over debris, your tire is going to explode
- mechanical failures like engine or gearbox failures
- red flag

online: 
- bring back Co-op. Maybe even a 10 season Co-op career! I would love that so much
- maybe a multible co-op career, so even 5 or 6 friends can do a career mode together. 

I would like to see the champions of another years, like NBA 2k did with the classic teams.

Would be nice drive Ayrton Senna`s car or Michael Schumacher Ferrari.

Drive classic cars will be a great feature!

I want to rear the noise of the classic motors, and see the difference of the technologies...

Please do this