Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

-Please add the ability to upgrade your pit team so that you get better pit times.
-There should be more focus on the player, especially at your home GP and especially when you perform above expectations. 
- There is stills lots of room to add more mechanical failures CAUSED by the player.
-Improve the rivalry system.
-Add stats such as distance driven, favourite location, avg finishing position, etc..
-Add a victory lap where you drive back to the pits. 

Since I also like the game very much I was thinking about ways to improve it for the 2017 season without hurting FOM ristrictions.
So here are some thoughts which I posted in a wrong thread before,

You start your career like in 2016 as a driver. You should earn points in two different ways;
1. Team points earned by you and your teammate to upgrade the car like in 2016. First driver decides for which upgrade the points should be spent. These points are earned in practice sessions.

2. Money earned by you as driver. You can earn those depending on your Qualy and Race results. Championship points etc. 

After 4-5 seasons you have changed maybe 3 teams, collected in total sthg. like 400 points, won the championship once etc. And you have earned enough money to think about  entering the F1 with your own team.
This way the career might get more interesting and the FOM restrictions might be overcomed, since everything will be fictional and there will be no changes to the existing teams or drivers. Only additions 

You will have to have a minimum amount of  money and spend it as entry and after deciding the name of the team, you will  chose the look of the car from 4-5 versions for major parts, 3-4 colour shemes etc. 
You will spend your money for motor supplier (preferably official suppliers of  F1 but can be also fictional). You will select and pay for a fictional 2. driver, from a pool. At the beginning you won't have any sponsors. 

And you enter the season as the 12th team. Since this will be after 4-5 years into the career anyway, so year 2022, FOM would allow a fictional team, I guess.

Rest is quite obvious, the better you and your team get, the more points you earn and spend on, R&D, sign a better driver from the pool, get sponsors, change motor etc.

This is basically a very light version of  Motorsport Mng. and I know it is possible in terms of programming and adding to the existing F1 game. Lets hope CM will think about these ideas and find a way to implement by convincing FOM.

The thing i really want, (i don't know if it's mentioned before) is a drying line after the rain. Also it has to stay longer wet, which make it more difficult to anticipate, and you can gamble more with your strategy. 

JoeyJoe said:
And why not go for ability to add mods on console. 
Because FOM made CM actively lock down the F1 game...even on PC.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/244517/#Comment_244517

You'd think that but...

Good ideas all around, but we all missed one crucial feature. One thing that could transform the next game into a true and everlasting classic: Jeff's face.

I want to meet the bloke who likes to tell me about my tyre wear and the never occurring rain.

1) better observer mode to be able to stream the multiplayergame like in the tv, with official template, sector times for each driver etc etc..
2)  ingeneer mode, for multiplayer raxes there should be 22 drivers and slots for observer/ingeneers which can ovserve all times and inform his driver about other drivers tyrewear, times etc...

I think pre season test/young driver test should return

also have a couple of extra circuits like Jerez, San Marino etc that were used as DLC in f1 2013, these can be used for testing, custom seasons and multiplayer

-Bring back power unit management.
-Add reserve drivers into the game and allow driver transfers within the team.  If Hamilton finishes the season behind Bottas, then Bottas get promoted to number 1 driver and Hamilton gets demoted to #2. If Hamilton performs poorly the following season he gets dropped by Mercedes and the Mercedes reserve driver gets the #2 seat. Basically the career should play out as follows: Season 1 will consist of the player selecting a test role at any team. The player can only access the track acclimatization, tire management and qualifying pace programs during the GP weekend.  At the end of the free practice programs the race gets simulated after every round until a seat opens up because of driver transfers within the team.  After the end of season 1, if you've managed to secure a  race seat during the season then the following seasons continues like the career progression in f1 2016.  However, if both the drivers in your team performed to expectation then you will be offered a test position at a better team.  

I think this will spice up the career mode and make it feel real and authentic. I also can't see how this will infringe on any FOM restrictions as all assets will always remain with the team, except the player. 

Personnellement je vote pour l’apparition d’un mode deux joueurs en local via un écran splitté mais, aussi pouvoir controler sa voitue lors de la mise en grille et la conférences de presse dans le jeu 

I would like the possibility to have a break/or gearbox failure, for example the 3rd gear don't work but we can still racing 

Can we please have added support for more complex wheels like the thrustmaster F1 add on..
I have that wheel on xbox and even though it has like 20+ buttons they are all either remapped to A or D-PADs..
I think it should be feasible to make the buttons perform direct commands like changing brake bias or aero bias without having to press 5 d-pad combinations.. 
It would be even cool, if codies could allow macros to modded controllers/wheels so we can program some buttons to perform tasks easily such as change fuel settings etc.. 

I was just watching F1.com steering wheel presentation and I was wondering if we can have added as a feature in 2017 a green light somewhere that indicates when you're within 1 second of the car in front of you to activate the DRS.  It should be a flashing light on the screen somewhere not on the steering wheel per se.

I was just watching F1.com steering wheel presentation and I was wondering if we can have added as a feature in 2017 a green light somewhere that indicates when you're within 1 second of the car in front of you to activate the DRS.  It should be a flashing light on the screen somewhere not on the steering wheel per se.

This is an absolute must for the next game.The other F1 games had a light on the wheel and an audio tone that indicates that DRS is available to use.I hate having to keep track of where the DRS zones are at and having to press the button when I get there to verify if I was close enough to use DRS or not.

From next year if its chucking it down, they will start behind the safety car but if its dry enough to race they'll line up on the grid and do a standing start.

Thinks I would like in the next F1 game (2017)
- more realistic damage. (for example: that your spoiler can be damaged) 
- create your own helmet

;)  :)

How about adding RPG elements?

Have your driver start with basic stats like fitness and feedback that can be upgraded through purchasing new equipment or xp earned from objectives

Every other major sports game has these features in their career mode - would be interesting to see if this worked in an F1 game

I like to choose, how many career seasons i want to drive, as it was in F1 2010 ( 3,5 or 7 seasons). 10 seasons in F1 2016 career was to much for me.

Core gameplay needs to be sorted out before adding things to the game. Whenever codemasters spend time on things that aren't core gameplay related the game usually isn't that good because it doesn't handle well and has several glitches.

Multiplayer more Focus
1.Xbox Lobby
2.Manual Start Practice
3.Multiplayer full Replay save
4.Xbox Scorpio Version
5.Multiplayer Race Distance 100%/75%/50%/25%
6. More Support for League Race from Codemaster and like Driver vs CM Race 
7.Better Rainsystem some place on Track more Rain than others before it start dry
8. Thank u for Reading

The one thing I really want to see is a much more impressive damage model, while this year is better than previous years, and FOM restrict them on certain aspects, I'd love a Grid style damage model. I wouldn't mind a fully fledged R and D system that takes more than 2 seasons either.