Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

F1 2017 should have podium finish ceremonies, parking the car manually in parc ferme after race has finished, create your own player with all his physique, formation lap, race start under safety car, driver interviews, there can be a section giving the opportunity to the player to drive on all f1 tracks in the history not the ones in 2017 season.all these features will make F1 2017 the best racing game

A fun idea would be a "The Journey" FIFA style career mode with a set character starting out with a small team and having to impress to carry on.

In F1 2016, the commentators ALWAYS say "the safety car made the difference in that race" even when there was absolutely no safety car deployed during the entire race...really annoying.

This is my wishlist for F1 2017:

A few points i'd put into / force into F1 2017 if i was a developer, a spokesman of the FIA / FOM and or the CEO of Codemasters. ;)

-official HUD, commentators & cameras on both replays as well as onboard T - Cams

-Multifunction Display also available on the steering wheel for those driving in cockpit and or the possible helmet cam

-authentic dynamic live commentating (i.e. Formula One Championship Edition ps3)

-Jeff using more technical engineering jargon

-more options and freedom for Cam settings to replicate the real life onboard camera angle,
better sense of speed and shakiness, as well as the fish eye lense effect of official onboards

-actual helmet cam (i.e. Project Cars), VR would go perfectly with this cam setting; on the custom helmets the teams main sponsors and the drivers numbers should be visible to make it appear more authentic

-actual leg protection visibly located around the drivers legs in the cockpit, it looks more than weird seeing the drivers legs being exposed and not protected in the game, minor problem, but a purist wants it all

-better weather effects, especially in wet conditions; the spray should be more dense and make it much harder to see

-better lighting, smoke, gravel and sparks effects

-better driving physics, at least on Project Cars level of driving difficulty, to make league racing and the reason to run no assists more valuable

-actual real engine sounds for more realism, last years entry was really good though not an actual capture of the real deal unfortunately, they could be captured at this years (or next years) winter testing etc. via dyno audio technology (i.e. Formula One Championship Edition on ps3 / Assetto Corsa / F1 99 - 02 Challenge etc.)

-unique driver abilities like FIFA's player identity, so LH44 cuts people off at the exit of corners, Max drives super aggressive, Bottas is superb with tyre wear, Alonso gets better starts etc.

-unique drivers handpositions, (i.e. Seb gripping the steering wheel slightly lower, or drivers like last years champion Rosberg gripping the steering wheel slightly higher etc.)

-better penalty system, the current one is just ridiculous and doesn't take into account slowing cars and crashed cars and or people aggressively forcing their opponents off track / crashing into others on purpose etc.unfortunately

-red flags

-better netcode, the lag is and always was real unfortunately

-replay theater, for leagues and or those who want to upload their driving experiences afterwards on social media

-stewarding system for leagues, a system where the league runners can become stewards and set up when the safety car comes out and or who gets a penalty, red flags etc. live during the race

-better r&d system for career mode (i.e. upgrades being infinite); lower tiers of formula racing (i.e. gp3 / gp2 etc.); 3d animated trophy room 

-actual tutorial mode and a driving school where newcomers and scrubs get to learn how to drive any track, how to master no assists driving and how to be a clean driver, whilst making extra points for unlockable accessories (i.e. F1 Racing Championship by Ubisoft on N64)

-online ranking and points, points can be used for unlockable accessories (i.e. gloves, helmet designs and visors to be used for your custom helmet, shoes, knee protectors, balaclavas, new celebrations for podiums, gestures used for career mode, online player cards etc.)

-create your own driver (i.e. FIFA's face modelling system), create your own helmet (i.e. Pro Evolution Soccer's custom design mode)

-classic cars and tracks from the last 30 years

-different variations of existing tracks (i.e. Monza, Silverstone, Catalunya having several versions to drive on), reverse mode (you can simply drive the tracks in reverse)

-actual penalty in time trial for running assists, so that only the no assists drivers will be showing up in the top positions seperately (i.e. Melbourne 1:21 no assists p1 | Melbourne 1:20 assists p5678 etc.)

-no assists being much faster than assists, with the game leaning more towards no assists driving (i.e. you get more points to unlock new stuff if you are driving with no assists), though driving with assists makes the handling feel like being on rails

-traction control lowering your speed coming out of corners by around 18 - 30 kph, abs making breaking distances 16m - 20m longer, auto gear shifting restricted at 11k rpm, pit assists making your time of travel in the pits around 0.4 - 1.4 seconds slower, using assists will also result in less points earned for unlockable accessories

-dynamic driving line / BTS markers (i.e. Formula One Championship Edition ps3)

-car setup copied from Project Cars and r-Factor or Assetto Corsa, it needs to be more in depth and have an actual difference in handling if changed, would be cool for setup geeks like me

-time trial having a merciless penalty system for driving over the white lines, corner cutting is still a problem in TT unfortunately

- on race day: outlap, parade lap, inlap / winners round and custom podium animations usable via digipad (i.e. FIFA's custom celebrations)

-all previous game modes of the codies F1 franchise available in F1 2017

-manager mode, you create your own fictional team with fictional drivers and manage them for 10 seasons etc.

-driver stats visible in the menus as well as in online player cards

I could write more and more but i guess this list is what i, and probably most of us, am yearning for since F1 2010 came out, hopefully with the new owners of F1, Liberty Media, and Codies having new relationships to the sports we will be able to see these changes made for the better, if not in 2017 hopefully at least in 2018.

Fingers crossed!

Would be the best simcade F1 game ever made!!!

*Feel free to post your ideas as well mates, Have a good one, Gruß aus Deutschland! :)

All looking quite good! 

I'd add realistic ERS simulation. So you can cycle through "Strat" modes where 5 (most aggressive) deploys a lot but the battery will go flat after a lap of two of that mode, leading to automatic Strat 1 (most recovery) where it derates like 200 meters before the ends of straights, and aggressively recovers wherever possible in braking and cornering. So Strat 3 would be like the normal mode where the battery level doesn't charge or discharge massively over a lap, and is reasonably aggressive out of corners, but still derates like 50-100 meters before corners to balance out. Strats 2 and 4 would split the difference, with 4 being aggressive, but still last like 5 laps, while Strat 2 is like the mode you'd use if you were out front controlling, and just saving small amounts of charge for later. 

I do want to point out that this should be completely independent of the fuel usage. So maybe if fuel saving is needed, you can put the engine into lean, but run Strat 4, so you spend more battery but save fuel too so you don't lose too much lap time. Or vice versa where you have excess fuel, but your battery is getting low, so you can put the fuel up into rich, and the engine into Strat 1 or 2 to charge the battery, but not lose lap time.

An overtake button would automatically put the ERS into Strat 5 and engine into rich until the driver brakes, at which point it returns to whatever they were on previously.

Basically,  another layer of complexity and strategy since drivers really use battery to attack now. I think it was Silverstone where Max was saying he saved all his battery for the straights since he knew that's where Rosberg could attack him. This sort of strategic defense with battery would be quite fun!

coolieboy said:
In F1 2016, the commentators ALWAYS say "the safety car made the difference in that race" even when there was absolutely no safety car deployed during the entire race...really annoying.
In those races, did you get the Virtual Safety Car at all? And could you tell me what length of race you were running and what mode (career/quick race etc)

Cheers :)

Britpoint said:
coolieboy said:
In those races, did you get the Virtual Safety Car at all? And could you tell me what length of race you were running and what mode (career/quick race etc)

Cheers :)
Career mode, 50% race distance: Australia was fine as there was a SC, Bahrain had no SC or VSC but the commentators said SC made the difference, China I had VSC still the same comment, Russia had no VSC and no SC and commentators said SC made the difference....that's when I restarted my career...

Watched this bad lad the other day and thought I'd pop it on here. Not sure if it's already been posted, but defo worth the watch. The speed the car takes around some of these corners are ridiculous, the braking distances are crazy and let alone the traction they have. It is going to be driving on rails in the new game if they implement these characteristics. I hope Codemasters have something up their sleeves to make the game challenging.

Bottas hot lap. vvvvvv

https://twitter.com/F1/status/839541212050767872?s=08

I know. To make it even more exciting, he probable had the engine in the lowest mode. Can you imagine what it's going be like when he is trying. Loads of corners he could have went much quicker. Car has at least another second or 2 in it. 

I can't wait to see them do flat out laps. Last year they did 1:23 at Australia U wander if they can get to the 1:20's or even below? I think we're gonna be surprised by they're pace

My Biggest wish is , Force Feedback feeling ,  be able to feel the road surface, also very important is to be able to feel bumps , uneven surfaces on the road, elevation changes, grip level through different corners .   

In a racing game , where you spend hundred of dollors on wheel , etc, if you can't feel any of the above, then what the point........

I would like to see helmet cam with dirt building up as the race goes....

Plus have a name you want to have on the car and/or nickname for the car and still have it even if you switch teams.