Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

3 suggestions:
  1. The animation when the car is entering his pit spot, the car almost turn 90 degrees straight to into the mechanics, this animation could be more smooth and realistic
  1. Helmet choice, the helmets don't have the marketing decals as the real drivers
  1. The effect when we lock the wheels, the screen starts to shake whats looking more like a lag or fps drop then a locking\shaking effect, this could be removed.

I thought last year's addition was 9.5/10, superb game! If they can improve game-pad controls to make the game more appealing on console, it would be great. Other than that, 2016 was amazing, I would almost rather see the same game, rather than have some major overhauls that possibly ruin the game, hehe.

Great job Codemasters! Lets see another amazing game, maybe even 10/10!!!

I think maybe an engineer relationship level. So if u and ur engineer do the right things maybe he can give u a slightly better strat and u get more resource points

I really hope CM is watching qualifying and taking notes, especially the sparks coming off the cars and the info on the cars steering wheel. 

Moi je aimerai bien à la fin  de la saison les pilotes en fin de contrat puisse rejoindre d'autres écuries 
Ensuite un mode de 2v2 en local 
Pour le mode  Gp2 et Gp3 Serais Très intéressant  imaginer les Gp2 de pilotes ou Gp3 signe en f1 et inversement cela serait divertissement à la fois Intéressant 

I would like to see a salary component in the contracts. E.g Mercedes may offer you £10,000,000 a year but Ferrari may offer you £15,000,000 a year. There could also be a resource points per race factor in the contracts. E.g 200 points per race a torro rosso but 300 per race a mclaren. 

More HUD information please! Most of the fun in F1 is in stadistics and data!

I would like to see:
- at least 10 positions list (automatic changing to the other tens)
- positiones list showing distance time and pits stops
- time lap in race, not only the split or the final time
- more information of situations (Alonso (5th) and Massa (6th)  touchs; Bottas is out of the race: transmission; V ettel (2) is in the pits)

Thanks!

Not realistic either to drive the same car for ten seasons. It would be nicer to have a career dating back to the first game CM brought and do the career thing from there with the technology from now. 

They should have driver skill and rating,like all sports games,,,,,they should be able to be ranked up,,,various aspects and categories, n you could add special perks we can earn through experience n achieve challenge  to boost certain attributes,,,like 2k NBA,n UFC, n FIFA,, like all careers do now,,,, n make deal with f1,,, so you can make one good game,for like 2-3 years ,,n update it every week n season,n make us buy season pass,,n every year u won't need make new game all the time,just update patch,,add change drivers teams sponsors n tracks as it happens,,,not a year later,,that way u could make perfect game 

And I forgot to mention,,,,please make every crew be different , it's stupid that everyone is the same,,,,n make in between sessions more fun n in depth 

paulomd said:
More HUD information please! Most of the fun in F1 is in stadistics and data!

I would like to see:
- at least 10 positions list (automatic changing to the other tens)
- positiones list showing distance time and pits stops
- time lap in race, not only the split or the final time
- more information of situations (Alonso (5th) and Massa (6th)  touchs; Bottas is out of the race: transmission; V ettel (2) is in the pits)

Thanks!
Totaly agree

Ideas?
We need for an official Formula One game the official broadcast overlay.. The (new) F1 HUD 2017.

I participate in the biggest Brazilian league of F1 2016. Here are my suggestions for F1 2017:

- Option for narrators and commentators in the online rooms. Several championships are broadcast on YouTube.
- Replay on online broadcasts.
- Display with the positions of the drivers similar to the transmission of the TV
- Less laps with safety car
- Hear the noise of the crashs on the transmission. Sounds more realisctics.
- Option to divide rooms between DS4 and wheel
- Update of the performance of the teams according to the world championship

VR and classic content = sold. for me at least.
1st part more than likely it seems to be all people want which I still don't agree with, but I'm beginning to understand and accept it now. And Classic content I very much doubt will happen lets just see them make a game with very few minor bugs first please. As I have said before there is a very good game called assetto corsa with amazing handling and amazing graphics and goes a lot more into depth than f1 games it is defo more of a sim. SO maybe get that and there are modders out there who charage a very small amount for their mods if not the base game does have the 2013 and 15 Ferrari a lot better than what Codemasters did. Asell as the lotus 98t+49+72 D + 25. Oh and the 1975 Ferrari aswell

Hello guys, I'm French and I'm sorry for my mistakes on my vocabulairy. I have think for a new category in the main menu, "My Season". And it a new career, and you can switch the drivers ( like Vettel in Mercedes and Hamilton in Ferrari for exemple). You can choose the differentes races ( if you don't want tout have Bakou for exemple, and if you want to start the season with the Italian GP, you can do that) you can create new drivers, if you want to add your best friend, you can do that, and you can choose if it will be a very good driver like Vettel, or be a poor driver like Palmer or Gutiérrez. I hope you understand my idea, and be cool with me because I'm a French guy and it very very complicated for me to do any mistakes. And I hope you will see this comment and answer to me if it a good idea or not.

I would love previous F1 tracks to be on the game.

Also some sort of different performance specs throughout your season, so technology advancing season to season. Maybe different rules coming into effect like different spec tires or rules. I dunno, I'm just eyeballing. 

GP2, 3, Formula Ford. Moving up the ranks. That would be good. 

• Remove Crofty or just let him speak casually. I like him fine on Sky Sports Fri-Sun but his artificial chipper robotic demeanor is dreadful and breaks from any realism the game had built up.
  • Don't automate the end of the formation lap. Let the driver find his/her place on the grid and if they miss it, just reposition them. The autopilot for the last few hundred or so yards break from the realism and undermines the point of having the formation lap in the game to begin with - immersion.
  • Also remove the transition and loading animation between grid formation and race start for same reasons as above.
  • Manual pit stop (on/off option). Besides the race start and potential race battles this is the only really exciting and pivotal point in a race and it's sorely lacking.
  • More information on post-race replays. I like to watch these to see where I can improve (just as drivers would in real life) but I can't scrub/search to specific laps as there's no indication of such. Also wish there was a way to break the camera away to see crashes, overtakes, and other race action a bit better.
  • Allow the steering wheel to be hidden. It's distracting when using a steering wheel peripheral especially if there's any input lag and plus it breaks immersion.

Knowing people have some GREAT ideas. 
going to revive some of my suggestions from my ideas for 2016
but some of them are already in 2016 so a bit modified
i'd like to see or to discuss these ideas?

1: when you start your F1 career, sure you can JUST jump into Mercedes and just win all the races, but maybe a system where you can either (if you just want to race) choose any team you want OR (Simulation system) where you race or qualify in GP2 and see what options you have in choosing a team in F1? like depending how good you qualify or finish the last race in GP2 you can get a contract offer for F1 in either the 2nd tier teams in F1 if you have done great/outstanding in GP2, or the bottom tier team(s) if you done ok/alright in GP2 and work on your skills to build up to your favorite team or top tier teams later in your 10 year/season career mode. Drivers choice to select these terms.

2: In Exhibition mode: be able to watch a race of your favorite teams/drivers/modes/tracks in a camera mode and switch in between the cameras and drivers with a commentary to go along with that to make it more like you are watching an actual race if you wanted to.. just like in the game i loved to play on the Nintendo 64, Formula 1 Championships, also commentary can be turned on/off)

3:Manual PitStops: would be good to drive into your own pitstops where as in the 2010-13 Formula 1 games we had KERS, we could replace that with a pit limiter speed button, if Manual Pits is turned on (as an option) you have to press the Pit Limiter button, (assigned to your controller) to enter the pits. but only if the option of having manual pits on. 

4:Cockpit Helmet View: would like to see the actual Helmet you are wearing while in the cockpit racing on your head instead of having a plain view of the cockpit. but can be an option you can turn off and on.

what ive got so far, i mean there are more ideas i've got but i think they are working more on improving the little things that are not really top notch perfect in 2016 but yeah. 

I guess im very lucky with rain. Im in Singapore gp and i dont think i had a single rainy race this season. Couple of practice sessions thats it.