Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

- Manual entry at pit lane
- In qualy the possibility to change tyres in order to spend time in and out the box.
- SC better adjusted. 
- More complete telemetry (UDP)
- Rain better adjusted. But rain is part of the races.
- Engine failures if you mistreat the car

Hi there I know there have been absolutely loads of Ideas for this years F1 2017 Game but the more the better, so here me out,

RACE DELAYS
ONLY in Career Mode you have the possibility of extreme weather which will cause the FIA to delay the race, and while you wait for the weather you get to look on your phone on social media to see what fans are thinking of the delay and there thoughts on it all, then if the fia delay the time of either qualifying or race then they would simply let driver in the paddock a vote whether they would want the race the day later or another time in the year. then there you go. 

CROWDS
Crowds are really important during the whole race weekend so when it is just like real life, why not have the fans go to grab coats and umbrellas when it starts to pour down with rain, this will let you know when the race is really getting bad, plus when the sun is shining and there favorite driver (the same nationality race and driver) is either catching or winning the race you can hear horns coming  out from the fans and cheers. 

STEWARDS CRANES AND CAR PARKED BEHIND BARRIERS ON THE TRACK
Once you have a crash on the track you get the safety car, and when you drive behind the safety car, instead of the car ghosting away as soon as you drive around again, why not have stewards and a crane lifting the car or rolling the car away and you can see the car when your racing behind the barriers, and when you crash yourself, you get to see the steering wheel get pulled out and chucked on top of the car. This would add to the realism to everything

MORE OPTIONS TO CHAT TO JEFF

Even more options to chat to famous jeff the race engineer, here are the different more chats you can have with him:

BEHIND SAFETY CAR:
ASK SAFTEY CAR TO SPEED UP
ASK FIA THE WEATHER IS FINE
ASK FIA TO THINK OF CANCELING THE RACE
ASK WHAT OTHER DRIVERS ARE SAYING
ASK FIA WHY ARE WE STILL STUCK BEHIND THE SAFETY CAR, LETS GO RACING

OTHER
ASK FOR STEWARDS TO PUSH ME OUT THE GRAVEL
ASK FOR A SAFETY CAR
AFTER RACE CHEER WITH JEFF

Race Delays, I only half agree with that. I'd love to see (with some random small chance in really wet conditions) practice sessions getting Red-Flagged, or canceled at all, or race getting suspended (also implementing time-limit, like if you'd have a red flag in race there could be some time "used" to clear things up so there would be a chance to not complete 75% of the race for full points); Qualy also fits in with suspending. Race completely canceled? Nah. Remember it's a game.
Crowds? Uhm, they already get umbrellas in wet conditions, AFAIK. Are you paying more attention to the crowd instead of the actual track?..
Jeff chat? Sorry, but at least half of them would be useless in the game until special conditions are met, and it is currently impossible to implement these commands for special conditions (after some analyzing how commands work on PC). The only one which I found so-so was after race cheer, maybe would be nice, but tbh, what's the point again? He wouldn't know how to respond. Again, I'm sorry, but your commands are pretty useless right now.

All they would do for the race delays is put a box on ur screen saying 'oh the race has been delayed for *some time* due to poor weather conditions' Then u hit the 'a; button and the sun will move a little bit (if they can be arsed to do that) and then u go racing. Maybe it'll be good for the aesthetics of the game but really there is no point in it. But i'm not complaining if they do it.

I really like the cranes and stewards idea, that was actly in my list of things I want for the game. Aswell as an after race cheer with jeff would be nice. However I suppose if they tried to get that voice actor to cheer he would sound a bit like nico rosberg's engineer, not like the infamous 2010 engineer we all want back.

JuanCarMR said:

- Manual entry at pit lane
- In qualy the possibility to change tyres in order to spend time in and out the box.
- SC better adjusted. 
- Engine failures if you mistreat the car

For the manual entry, do you mean have the ability to completely control the car in the pits? As in actually driving to the box and out of it? And yeah, more frequent safety cars when a wreck happens would be nice, I can imagine winning under a yellow flag.

Race delays are on of the dullest affairs in motor racing in general. I'm all for more realism, but they are no fun watching a race, and they would be even less fun in a video game.

And before anyone says, safety car periods can also be quite dull: true, but they can be quite an important tool strategy-wise. Delaying a race isn't.

These are great ideas (except maybe race delays. @ImDyingYouIdiot is spot on on why its' useless), but its' all basically eye-candy. Right now, people want a glitch free game with a truly immersive career mode, better R&D, better handling, better graphics (Xbox) and other foundational things that need perfecting. I'd rather them fix that up before they go adding new gimmicks that you'll use/notice once then get bored.

I remember on F1 2005 where you had a trophy room where you could view all trophies. Also you had a car garage and you could unlock legendary cars for completing various milestones in the game and then test drive them on track. It would be amazing if this was incorporated.

I also think the helmet design needs to be improved to the point where we can create our own designs and even add decals. 

I finally think for online a license system is needed where drivers get points for unsportsmanlike behaviour because I'm fed up of people crashing into me all the time intentionally. 

SamReaN said:

Hi there I know there have been absolutely loads of Ideas for this years F1 2017 Game but the more the better, so here me out,

RACE DELAYS
ONLY in Career Mode you have the possibility of extreme weather which will cause the FIA to delay the race, and while you wait for the weather you get to look on your phone on social media to see what fans are thinking of the delay and there thoughts on it all, then if the fia delay the time of either qualifying or race then they would simply let driver in the paddock a vote whether they would want the race the day later or another time in the year. then there you go. 

Is this trolling? You want a delay in the race so that you can look at fake social media on your on screen phone? Hopefully the other ideas are good but I haven't bothered to read them after this paragraph.

Isn't there a Mod who can merge all of these?

These forums man, compared to other games' forums, horrendous  B)

This is a copypaste post from another 2017 ideas-thread:

Just a better career mode, really. That's the only reason I play F1 games. F1 2016 had the best career mode to date, but it's still got tons of room for improvement. Helmet customization should be more complex, you should be allowed to change helmets every year, avatar customization, R&D needs an overhaul, pre-season and mid-season testing, and also testing new parts during free practice.

Before each weekend, you should be offered a choice to either run the standard practice programmes during each practice session, or to test new parts that will then be fitted (or not) for the next race. It would work the same way as the normal programmes that we already have, except this time your performance will determine the reliability and performance of the part.
For example, testing a new engine upgrade would require you to beat a certain laptime consistently, same as the tyre management programme, and the better results you get, the more performance and reliability you can extract from the new part. If you don't get the desired results, the part will still be better than your old one, but much less reliable. You can then choose to take your chances with the new part, or play it safe and run the old part.

There's plenty more depth to be found in a system like this, depth that I'm too lazy to begin explaining. I'm sure you can understand where I'm going with this.

//end copypaste

1) Im praying for codemasters to support psvr especially that they did it with dirt 3! Already ive played asseto corsa driving an f1 car on pc using vr and it was an incredible experience! 
2) i want the championship mode to be more detailed because for me i don't find it realstic to play career mode using my name! I just like to play with the real drivers for exemple vettel or hamilton or whatever! So a nice press conference at the end or something more detailed would be awsome.
3) i want the parade lap to be included for example  when winning a race to be able to drive the whole lap while celebrating and drive the car to the pits just like the formation lap!
@jennyannem

All of the above (to get my 500th comment)  :* o:)         

Your 2 points off joining the Co-driver club xD

Maybe there could be an option to do Indy 500 like Alonso will do instead of Monaco GP. And do other motor sports when you finish your career which is not going to happen obviously lol. But I guess there could be something like an Indy 500 race

Maybe there could be an option to do Indy 500 like Alonso will do instead of Monaco GP. And do other motor sports when you finish your career which is not going to happen obviously lol. But I guess there could be something like an Indy 500 race

Codemasters wouldn't do that. And its a f1 game. Not a f1/indycar/le mans game. Be happy what you get with CM because they are doing a good job making This game for us. Its getting better and better. Very excited about what the beta would bring us.

And @jennyannem , when is soon :wink: ?

So I'm sure this had already been aforementioned but I want to give my take on it. And that is if we do get dedicated servers what the hell they could do with them, cause if they're gonna spend this sort of money why not make the most of them. So my first thought is something like irating for a matchmaking system, so you have a cleanness or professionalism level and then actual lap time or speed, however the rating won't increase if you only beat people lesser skilled than you, and if you cause incidents the professionalism will decrease and if you get beaten by people with higher speed rating that will also decrease overtime aswell. Aswell as spectating is maybe a lot better for people. There could also be a league system where the game collects a group of people at similar skill and offers them the chance to join a pre-made league?

Parc ferme celebrations and ability to save an online race like Pcars would be nice