Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ideas for F1 2017 and beyond

i think in this 2017 formula1 game they shoud be the introduction of red flags for practice qualifying and the race. they should be a better selections for driver faces and driver helmets. i think you shoud be able to do a face scan for career.  i think a bit more of a better career mode. and more better computer difficulty as in better racing from them the racing on the 2016 game is good for the computer but needs to be better and sometimes have had a other car hit the back of mefor no reason that should me sorted out as well. the introduction of the shark fins and the t wings would be good the game. i think they should be better cutseens through the race weekend. the should be commentary in the race and practice and qualifying. and they should be a free paddock walk for the drivers in career mode. and they should be a better idea for radio comps aswell as listen to them while you are driving. aswell as preseson testing media interviews and driver injuries. more r&d developed so you can develped over time.  one of the biggest ones for me i would like create your own team. and  more Mechanical Failures.  last thing is better podiums. 

I would love a system in the game that acts like an "operating window." 
So, getting your brakes, tires, engine into a operating window so you get the best performance and doing this in the game has a slider go under or over so keeping them in the middle is best.

Would also love it where using this in the formation lap would influence your starts. 

But, I thought of a few things. 

Best brake for corners, too high or low raises the chance of lockups and having less stopping power.

Tire heat too high or low makes them wear more. Higher heat - Wear quicker. Lower heat - Raises traction loss and understeer into corners. 

Engine, under-heating - Top speed loss.  Too high - Chances of engine blowouts. 

Basically nurse the car for a few laps to get these numbers correct to be able to push it again for 5-10 laps.  

Another thing as well is "setups". I feel as though the setups are not as good as they could be. 
For example. Lower tire pressure should be a massive traction improvement, but they ain't in the current game. 
Other things in general just seem the same. I would like more in-depth setups and they actually make a difference when you're changing them. 

https://youtu.be/qg_3Lc7X49s?t=2m59s

I have soo many issues with online on this game all down to the quality of driving. Ik they did it in grid, but I think they can do it better now. But I think that is the best possible system for cm to use the 1v1, option but maybe with the normal online option. But also when it's a non-public lobby it doesn't effect the rating. Also I don't want it to be at particular times but I don't think there is enough players for you to do it at any time but idk.

I wish they could have an option in 2017 where you can set the Ghosting off if you want to.

I would like to see splitscreen back because when My friends or cousins come over we need to pass the controller one By one instead of playing together

I think we should have the core elements of the game fixed once and for all, first and foremost, before adding more features. Things like:

- Multiplayer (it's a huge topic but things like lag starts, ghosting, limited information for spectators, general connection issues etc)
- Career mode major flaw in that eventually all teams can get the maximum upgrades which essentially just resets car performance to how it was at the start of the career...
- The side pod glitch still existing
- Assists being quicker than no assists

These are the main ones from me, I'm sure there are many others out there

I mostly want tot see Codemasters develop career mode. In this I'm not saying that I was disappointed by the 2016 career but there are some things that are totally unrealistic and there are some things that just aren't included that I feel should be part of the game. There are also aspects of online that should probably be given attention but I feel that career mode should be focused on a bit more.
  1.  The ability to change your driver number to "1" when you are the reigning world champion. I think that this should just be added as I feel that it adds a little bit more realism to the game that isn't available in F1 2016.
  2. Allowing the cars in career mode to upgrade car parts more than five times. This is very irritating when playing the game as its totally unrealistic and it also, eventually, results in the R&D standings becoming almost identical to what they were in the 2016 season. Its really annoying to have F1 change totally throughout the first three seasons of the career mode and then watch it return to the usual 2016 R&D standings. I was doing a career mode with McLaren and won the world championship twice in the third and fourth seasons. I was back to failing to get into Q3 by the sixth season. The Mercedes team were back to winning every race by the fifth season after falling back as far as being the sixth best car.
  3. Stopping B-teams from upgrading their cars to a point where they have a better car than their A-team. In the career mode I previously mentioned Toro Rosso overtook the Red Bull car and R&D in the second season. This is just another thing that annoys me because its totally unrealistic.
  4. Making it more difficult to gain the R&D points sufficient to make an upgrade  and making it so that upgrades can only be added to the car after a certain number of races after the last upgrade that was implemented. Gaining R&D points should be more difficult or the upgrades should be more expensive because constantly upgrading the car once every couple of races is totally unrealistic. This should also be enforced further by adding periods of time after previous upgrades where new upgrades cannot be fitted to the car.
  5. The addition of cut scenes. There should be cut scenes where you have to talk to more people than your R&D manager and your agent. The player should have to answer journalists' questions in post race press conferences through selecting an answer given by the game. The player should have to do this in meetings with the team's principal, your engineers and mechanics and/or the owner of the team.
  6. The ability to request team orders. If you are behind your teammate in the order but are putting in considerably faster lap times you should have the ability to tell your engineer over the radio to order your teammate to let you through; this should also be applied the other way around if you are slow whilst you are holding your teammate behind.
  7. There should be relationships between you and the other employees of the team. For example, assuming that the last idea would be included, you could ask for the pit crew to force your teammate to let you through when you're going faster; this would worsen your relationship between you and your teammate.
  8. Driver customisation should be improved. You should be able to design your drivers face like you can in player career in FIFA. There should also be a select number of surnames that you can select and an option to write your own name if its not on the list; this would allow the commentator to say your name when talking about where you came in qualifying and when labelling you as the driver of the day.
  9. The commentators should be changed. David Croft should remain in the game as he commentates over every race throughout the season, however Anthony Davidson should be replaced by Martin Brundle as he often commentates over the race whilst Anthony Davidson is only ever present in the television broadcasts during the practice sessions.
  10. Helmet designing should be totally changed. You should be able to design helmets by yourself ; by this I mean you should be able to use templates if you like, you should be able to add your driver number, you should be able to add your team's logo/national flag and should be able to add shapes. You should be able to change your helmet after beginning the career mode so you can permanently change it every season or use a special helmet when racing at specific tracks (like a national-flag-themed helmet for your home Grand Prix, a special helmet for Monaco or a yellow helmet, commemorating Senna, for Brazil).
  11. Driver injuries should be added to career mode if the driver goes out of a race in a crash.
  12. Third drivers should be included in career, serving the last idea in the case of one of the first team drivers getting injured.
  13. Pre-season testing should also be added to career mode to increase the realism further. This could help you work out what setups work best for your car in the upcoming season.
  14. You should have the option to change the difficulty of your expectations. Some of the expectations I've received from the teams are totally unrealistic and some are just simply too high. I tried starting a career with Red Bull the other day and my first objective was to qualify 3rd or higher; I would say that the expectation should be around about 5th as it is far more reasonable given the car's performance and the fact that the Ferrrari car is almost equal to it in the R&D standings.
  15. Red flags should be added back to the game. Again, this is more of an adaptation to upgrade the realism rather than removing unrealistic parts of the game.
  16. There should be a mode where you can create tracks and race on them in quick races and custom seasons.
  17. Engine failures should be more common for the player and engine failures should be less common with the AI drivers.

DaveWWFC said:

I mostly want tot see Codemasters develop career mode. In this I'm not saying that I was disappointed by the 2016 career but there are some things that are totally unrealistic and there are some things that just aren't included that I feel should be part of the game. There are also aspects of online that should probably be given attention but I feel that career mode should be focused on a bit more.
  1.  The ability to change your driver number to "1" when you are the reigning world champion. I think that this should just be added as I feel that it adds a little bit more realism to the game that isn't available in F1 2016.
  2. Allowing the cars in career mode to upgrade car parts more than five times. This is very irritating when playing the game as its totally unrealistic and it also, eventually, results in the R&D standings becoming almost identical to what they were in the 2016 season. Its really annoying to have F1 change totally throughout the first three seasons of the career mode and then watch it return to the usual 2016 R&D standings. I was doing a career mode with McLaren and won the world championship twice in the third and fourth seasons. I was back to failing to get into Q3 by the sixth season. The Mercedes team were back to winning every race by the fifth season after falling back as far as being the sixth best car.
  3. Stopping B-teams from upgrading their cars to a point where they have a better car than their A-team. In the career mode I previously mentioned Toro Rosso overtook the Red Bull car and R&D in the second season. This is just another thing that annoys me because its totally unrealistic.
  4. Making it more difficult to gain the R&D points sufficient to make an upgrade  and making it so that upgrades can only be added to the car after a certain number of races after the last upgrade that was implemented. Gaining R&D points should be more difficult or the upgrades should be more expensive because constantly upgrading the car once every couple of races is totally unrealistic. This should also be enforced further by adding periods of time after previous upgrades where new upgrades cannot be fitted to the car.
  5. The addition of cut scenes. There should be cut scenes where you have to talk to more people than your R&D manager and your agent. The player should have to answer journalists' questions in post race press conferences through selecting an answer given by the game. The player should have to do this in meetings with the team's principal, your engineers and mechanics and/or the owner of the team.
  6. The ability to request team orders. If you are behind your teammate in the order but are putting in considerably faster lap times you should have the ability to tell your engineer over the radio to order your teammate to let you through; this should also be applied the other way around if you are slow whilst you are holding your teammate behind.
  7. There should be relationships between you and the other employees of the team. For example, assuming that the last idea would be included, you could ask for the pit crew to force your teammate to let you through when you're going faster; this would worsen your relationship between you and your teammate.
  8. Driver customisation should be improved. You should be able to design your drivers face like you can in player career in FIFA. There should also be a select number of surnames that you can select and an option to write your own name if its not on the list; this would allow the commentator to say your name when talking about where you came in qualifying and when labelling you as the driver of the day.
  9. The commentators should be changed. David Croft should remain in the game as he commentates over every race throughout the season, however Anthony Davidson should be replaced by Martin Brundle as he often commentates over the race whilst Anthony Davidson is only ever present in the television broadcasts during the practice sessions.
  10. Helmet designing should be totally changed. You should be able to design helmets by yourself ; by this I mean you should be able to use templates if you like, you should be able to add your driver number, you should be able to add your team's logo/national flag and should be able to add shapes. You should be able to change your helmet after beginning the career mode so you can permanently change it every season or use a special helmet when racing at specific tracks (like a national-flag-themed helmet for your home Grand Prix, a special helmet for Monaco or a yellow helmet, commemorating Senna, for Brazil).
  11. Driver injuries should be added to career mode if the driver goes out of a race in a crash.
  12. Third drivers should be included in career, serving the last idea in the case of one of the first team drivers getting injured.
  13. Pre-season testing should also be added to career mode to increase the realism further. This could help you work out what setups work best for your car in the upcoming season.
  14. Red flags should be added back to the game. Again, this is more of an adaptation to upgrade the realism rather than removing unrealistic parts of the game.
  15. There should be a mode where you can create tracks and race on them in quick races and custom seasons.
  16. Engine failures should be more common for the player and engine failures should be less common with the AI drivers.

This are the things I think everyone Wants to see

I saw the page too late, so my ideas will be useful for f1 2018.

For me the gameplay of the previous version was very good, also graphics and improvements like very interesting radio communication. But I think it is in the career mode that we need to make improvements so that the game is more immersive and that its life of games is longer like the other great sports games.

1) First of all for life, F2, which is now an integral part of the progress of a driver and which is competing on the same circuit of F1, must be integrated. Then it is aerodynamically similar. And that will make it possible not to have a Félipé Massa until his 45 years or more !!

2) It would also be necessary, in the same virtual immersive career logic, to integrate the contracts of each pilot, so that there will be transfers but logical transfers. (Sainz at Red Bull, Ocon at Mercedes after a certain Number of years well-on). Like a FIFA who blow the gamers of their team totally change, it would be necessary that the career does not freeze 10 years.

3) I also think it would take a telling of the progressive damage of the pieces on the season according to the team more or less reliable. This would make it as true to have a parts management to do throughout the season.

4) Always on the career mode, I would like to say that I loved the beautiful paddock motorboats of f1 2016, but I wish we could have moved a minimum. Then there is the return of the press conferences. On Thursday and Saturday (after qualification, press area) and Sunday (before the race on the grid) and (after on the podium or in the press area according to the result). I advocate that for these things we use a staging that shows the driver and that it is not in POV. (Like on NBA 2K for example) Or only in the motoroom and in the car obviously.

5) Finally to finish it should in my opinion integrated the sponsors of the teams on the helmets because they are much too bland and we do not believe. Only put the logo, the main sponsor on the visor that would change according to the team plus the number chosen by the player and that's all !!

For me the gameplay of the previous version was very good, also graphics and improvements like very interesting radio communication. But I think it is in the career mode that we need to make improvements so that the game is more immersive and that its life of games is longer like the other great sports games.

1) First of all for life, F2, which is now an integral part of the progress of a driver and which is competing on the same circuit of F1, must be integrated. Then it is aerodynamically similar. And that will make it possible not to have a Félipé Massa until his 45 years or more !!

2) It would also be necessary, in the same virtual immersive career logic, to integrate the contracts of each pilot, so that there will be transfers but logical transfers. (Sainz at Red Bull, Ocon at Mercedes after a certain Number of years well-on). Like a FIFA who blow the gamers of their team totally change, it would be necessary that the career does not freeze 10 years.

3) I also think it would take a telling of the progressive damage of the pieces on the season according to the team more or less reliable. This would make it as true to have a parts management to do throughout the season.

4) Always on the career mode, I would like to say that I loved the beautiful paddock motorboats of f1 2016, but I wish we could have moved a minimum. Then there is the return of the press conferences. On Thursday and Saturday (after qualification, press area) and Sunday (before the race on the grid) and (after on the podium or in the press area according to the result). I advocate that for these things we use a staging that shows the driver and that it is not in POV. (Like on NBA 2K for example) Or only in the motoroom and in the car obviously.

5) Finally to finish it should in my opinion integrated the sponsors of the teams on the helmets because they are much too bland and we do not believe. Only put the logo, the main sponsor on the visor that would change according to the team plus the number chosen by the player and that's all !!

*That's it in the correct color incase anyone wanted to read it with ease*

f1 2016 for the ps4 was ok but thought the handling wasn't very realistic.the cars felt like they had no grip after just a couple of laps and tyres didn't last long at all.i was a big fan of f1 2010 for ps3 which is the best f1 game ever.i wish codmasters would make the next f1 game like it it would be brill.most realistic game ever that.

also the tyres on recent f1 games don't look that realistic as in they did with f1 2010.the graphics on recent f1 games also to cartoony compared to f1 2010 which were realistic.

They should allow AI to also switch teams realistically as this will make it more interesting and more realistic overall.

Adjust the AI, absolutely .
I set medium difficult and started from 18th position, I was often pushed from behind at start, cpu lacks of good behavior and I'm very messed with that

I have an idea for upcoming F1 games. When your playing a F1 game and you crash into someone you get a penalty instantly. It would be cool if you were to crash into someone and a message pops up and it says that the collision will be Investigated or investigated after the race. Just like in real F1. Then the middle of the race you can get a penalty for that collision or you can get the penally after the race and theres a small chance you don't get a penalty or the other driver does. Next thing is that there was this feature in Classic NASCAR games were if you hit another Ai car they would have this red circle above them and it would say rival. At first it would start off as a light red and if you continued to hit him the red would get darker. And that means he'll race you really more and more aggressively depending on how dark the red was and he'll even hit you if it gets as dark as it can. On the other side if you raced cleanly to another driver it would have a green circle above his head that said ally. And it starts off light green and gets darker. So that means he'll race you more cleanly. And all of this information is transferred to the next race. So when you start the next race the drivers you were red in the last race are red in that race and same thing for the green. It would be cool to see this in F1 with every individually F1 driver that has his own relationship with you. And to also have it so other teams can also have a relationship with you so if you hit a Ferrari for example Ferrari will have a less likely chances of hiring you. And bringing back interviews and podium interviews would be awesome.

I have an idea for upcoming F1 games. When your playing a F1 game and you crash into someone you get a penalty instantly. It would be cool if you were to crash into someone and a message pops up and it says that the collision will be Investigated or investigated after the race. Just like in real F1. Then the middle of the race you can get a penalty for that collision or you can get the penally after the race

That would be really very, very good if they could make it work properly, as atleast now it gives u the chance to right what u did wrong.

At the end of each race, I would like to have more race stats like graph, analytics that may help me to see in what part of the track I need to enhance my performance. So this way, next time I play on a track, the game would have an option to display my track analysis such as tyre wear and lap times on each sector. It could also compare my results with other real players like my friends who play the game

What I'd love is in future f1's is stats. On multiplayer and on the game in general why not have total wins/losses/points per race/dnf etc.

it makes it worthwhile and the hours spent on the game you can look at. 

At the moment you can complete qualifying and race that takes 45 minutes and afterwards it counts towards nothing. 

It it could also be used for showing drivers that receive lots of pentalties and go on just to cause collisions rather than enjoy the racing aspect of the game. So they can be avoided or kicked and so multiplayer can be a lot more enjoyable for people.

Official HUD
Mechanical Failures
celebration lap
red flag
better r&d system
ERS
improved AI (racing of the line, more overtakes)

roberto28 said:
official F1 HUD for F1 2017. Would be great if codemasters include this feature

http://up.picr.de/28205051hf.jpg

What going round the last corner at Austria at 308 kph in 8th gear, whilst accelerating and braking at the same time? And whilst being able to carry that speed you can only set a 1:17.290?

I am not the one making this mods nor am I the one responsible for the time set. More important is about the graphics, lay out. It is just an example how realistic the official HUD is, and adds more athmosphere to the game. 

I would like to see a system, like in the Moto GP games, where you can sit down with your race engineer during practice and select a wide variety of different issues that the player may be facing in the car. The engineer should then come up with changes to the set-up and apply them if the player wishes. I would love to see the press conferences come back (maybe the podium interviews if you finish in the top 3 or just a bog standard one if you don't). It would also be quite cool if we could design our own helmets with decals, like in forza when designing car liveries.

Possibly the most important improvement I think there is to make, is to be able to manually select the amount of the three different compounds that are available at the race weekend. In the current game, 2016, we only get to choose between an agressive, balanced or cautious apporach when in reality drivers have massively different selections to what is avaliable ingame. I also feel that different teams should be able to emerge at the top, for example we will never see McLaren win in the game unless we upgrade the car. In reality McLaren only need an engine that can power something more complex than a tractor for them to be back near the top. I have found that even though Red Bull and Ferrari sometimes outpace Mercedes, Mercedes will always get them back. It would be nice if some of the backmarker teams could suddenly get a boost as I am sick of seeing Sauber and Renault being lapped 3/4 times every race. I know this is realistic for season 1 but maybe not for season 6 or 7. You'd hope that they could improve a bit by then.

oh, and another thing that I loved from the 2006 game on the PSP was the in-race commentary. It was great to listen to who was leading and if someone crashed out. When people had engine failures oil was actually spilt on the road and became slippy. Something for the future maybe?