Sign in to follow this  

Grand Prix Manager 2001 - Brazil, Race (1 Vacancy)

TEST DAY 2 ENDS WITH TRULLI FASTEST
Pre-season testing continued at Jerez, along with the strong form of the Jordan-Hondas, with Jarno Trulli and Heinz-Harald Frentzen well up the order, encouraging results for a team which after a quite incredible 1999 followed up with a slightly disappointing 2000.

Williams look massively improved over last year, the BMW engine is looking to have really come alive with a combination of a stronger chassis and two very quick drivers in Montoya and Gene 2nd and 3rd.

Alesi in the Prost looked very good in 9th, while the Benettons with the new Renault engines look like they're in for a very tough year. They can only hope the updates at the first Grand Prix in Melbourne give their drivers a more inspiring package.

Tis only pre-season testing. I'm not worried about Benetton's performance yet as we haven't done any performance running yet.

Quite impressed with my Prost boys so far, but equally it is only pre-season testing and I don't know everyone else's run plans.

Hughesy said:
Ron speak, we aren't the fastest but we are the fastest. 

That is all. 
More like...

'While thoroughly testing our McLaren MP4-16, our two nominated Grand Prix drivers competing in the 2001 FIA Formula 1 World Championship completed the sessions in an accomplished place, after progressing through a programme choreographed to push the Mercedes-Benz powered car to its limits. While the team was not the fastest in the overall standings, we have shown a superior amount of reliability and one must therefore conclude that McLaren are the fastest after this day of testing.' 

MARANELLO FASTEST AT MUGELLO

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher has topped the times for the first time in pre-season testing. The final day of testing also saw Williams continuing their strong form, with Benetton and Arrows particularly struggling. Hopefully updates for the first race of the season should see them more on the pace, but it is looking like a very tight battle between Ferrari, Williams and McLaren, although they are yet to enter the top 5 in testing.

What a time from Massa, since big Ron stepped down McLaren have dropped :trollface: 

Now I'm in charge of just Sauber, I need to find my inner Monisha Kaltenborn and sign 4 drivers to one race seat B)

In my best Eddie voice...

"This is a massive breakthrough for Benson & Hedges Jordan. To have the support and commitment of Honda gives renewed credibility to our ambitions to win the world championship. I believe that Jordan-Honda now represents the most exciting technical package for the years ahead."

Forgive me Mex, I'm a dumb boi, so I have a few questions I wanna have answered before sending my reply to your PM.

1) We have a maximum of 100 performance points to use on drivers. Does that mean I can give lets say 64 to Driver A, and 36 to Driver B? Is that how it works?

2) For the tyres, can my drivers have different sets from each other? So Driver A could have soft, and Driver B medium? Or does it have to be the same for both drivers in the team?

3) Each driver has a Qualifying and Race performance level. Lets say I assigned 64 points to Driver A, does that mean that 64 points go to both his Qualifying and Race performance? Or does the 64 points get split between the two, so 32 would go to Qualifying and another 32 to Race? Or can I specifically assign how many of those 64 points goes to each one? So I could decide to put 50 of them on his Qualifying performance and 14 on his Race performance?

I hope these questions make sense, and sorry if they've been answered else where before. I just wanna get everything crystal clear before submitting my reply.

No worries my breda;
  1. The performance points are reallocated from one driver to the other. So if you want to give Driver 1 a boost of 50 points, 50 points are then taken away from Driver 2. Particularly useful if one driver is fighting for a championship and the other isn't.
  2. Both drivers must use the same compound.
  3. The Driver Bias points boost is applied to both Qualifying and Race performance.

So, my submission format was as seen below. Hoping it's the right way of submitting...

Driver Bias:
If you wish, state the number of performance points you wish to reallocate from one driver to another, with a maximum of 100. 
Frentzen: xx points
Trulli: xx points

Tyre Compound:
Please select the tyre compound you wish to use for the weekend.
Frentzen: tire choice
Trulli: tire choice

Nope, the Driver Bias is as explained above and both drivers must use the same compound. Apologies for any confusion fellassss

Due to the fact that today is Culture Night in Belfast and I plan to be absolutely written off tonight, results of Practice will be posted on Saturday instead.

I'm cultured out and I found this out when I dandered from a mate's house to a 24/7 maccies at 6:30 in the morning to get a cheeky wee breakfast wrap but it was closed and near decked a peeler fs

SCHUMACHER LEADS SCHUMACHER IN MELBOURNE PRACTICE
Current World Champion Michael Schumacher tops the first practice session of the 2001 season, ever so marginally ahead of his younger brother Ralf. The McLarens seemed to gain some pace since pre-season as they line up 3rd and 4th, and they also seem to have a well set up car as they are the most closely matched competitors in the field; just half a tenth separating Hakkinen and test driver Alexander Wurz.

MONTOYA GRABS POLE ON DEBUT

New boy Juan Pablo Montoya has scored Williams' first pole and front row lockout since 1997, with a fantastic lap almost half a second faster than anyone else. The Ferraris and McLarens are lined up behind Montoya and Schumacher Junior, while Jordan look to be the best of the rest. Jaguar look to have made little progress from 2000, while the Benettons and Arrows are a fair bit off the pace.